PDA

View Full Version : Rear Diff Bushings

Thumper13
07-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Installed Energy urethane bushings from 949 today...................what a major fucking pain in the ass,we used every tool at our disposal except for the engine hoist. We even used FIRE :mrgreen: I still can't get over the difference,it was worth every second of blood sweat and profanity. No more drive train slop, she upshifts,downshifts better than new and just runs like a raped ape at 100+ mph with no drive train bucking when I let on and off the throttle. I am a happy camper.

druz
07-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Air chisel, <10 secs per side. Remembered i had one after pounding with a hammer for 15 mins.

kung fu jesus
07-12-2012, 05:55 AM
4242 +4243+4244=http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/987/fyeah.jpg

mhogan0
07-12-2012, 06:04 AM
What Fu said

bedheadben
07-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Lol. What do people think of the solid ones vs poly?

Doward
07-12-2012, 01:49 PM
I've read of the ears breaking off the housing after prolonged solid bushing usage, But never witnessed it firsthand. I've had delrin in my diff for 4-5 years in a dual duty car. Love them. I put a pair of poly in another car and don't notice any more or less nvh. Both materials make such a huge difference over factory rubber that I can't tell a difference between them. Maybe I have a fat insensitive ass though... ;)

Thumper13
07-12-2012, 03:10 PM
4242 +4243+4244=http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/987/fyeah.jpg

Yup,I got caught up trying to remove the sleeve that goes up into the PPF. Didn't have an M 14 x 1.5 bolt,that took me longer than any other part of the swap,once that was out a BFH and chisel with some fire worked OK on the old bushings.

I have noticed more road vibration through the rear but that was expected. I did hit a rough patch of concrete highway ( at 80 + mph )combine that with the added vibration and I could have sworn my driveshaft was loose. I don't think I'm going to be in a rush to put poly bushings anywhere else,unless she becomes a full time track toy.

kung fu jesus
07-12-2012, 10:06 PM
I have Superpro bushings on the control arms, I didn't notice any increased NVH like I did with upgraded motor and diff mounts. Though, the Superpros are a little softer than the Energy units.

kung fu jesus
07-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Moved this to: Engine and Drivetrain.

f86sabjf
07-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Just did the engine mts with mazda comp mts and I'm dreading the diff bushings

Agent☣Orange
07-13-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm not surprised Thumper finds everything difficult. He thinks he needs a jackhammer and flame thrower just to toast bread. Evolution has not been kind to some...

The Driver
07-13-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm not surprised Thumper finds everything difficult. He thinks he needs a jackhammer and flame thrower just to toast bread. Evolution has not been kind to some...

You two need to announce your engagement and get it over with. Though I don't know if Randy has any "fraternization" rules...

SM16RMSM
07-13-2012, 08:25 PM

You two need to announce your engagement and get it over with. Though I don't know if Randy has any "fraternization" rules...

Ever since I joined the forums, those two have never stop. Love Hate relationship there.

The Driver
07-13-2012, 08:33 PM
:hijacked:

Ever since I joined the forums, those two have never stop. Love Hate relationship there.

It's the children that I'm worried about... :fp:

Streeter
09-07-2012, 07:54 PM
:hijacked:

It's the children that I'm worried about... :fp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo

I've read of the ears breaking off the housing after prolonged solid bushing usage, But never witnessed it firsthand. I've had delrin in my diff for 4-5 years in a dual duty car. Love them. I put a pair of poly in another car and don't notice any more or less nvh. Both materials make such a huge difference over factory rubber that I can't tell a difference between them. Maybe I have a fat insensitive ass though... ;)

When you said you didn't notice any more or less NVH, were you comparing Delrin to Poly or either-or to stock? I heard the Delrin are rather harsh compared to stock vs OEM. I ask because you are the first I have seen to compare them both and it'd be nice to get a definitive answer on the topic. I got a set of GarageStar Delrin differential mounts that I intend to put on my DD/"weekend track" car and would like to know what I am getting into.

Doward
09-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Yes, I was comparing MMR delrin mounts to the energy poly ones. They both increased nvh similar amounts, alot. It is a welcomed change IMO, kind of similar to the mechanical feel a lightweight flywheel adds. Not the annoying buzz/rattles of delrin motor mounts.

Streeter
09-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Well I have IL Motorsports Poly mounts and just scooped up some GarageStar Delrin mounts new, for cheap... I've heard good things. My 240sx had alot of NVH, so I am sure I will be used to it right off the bat.

etikoner
09-12-2012, 11:07 AM
I finally changed out the control arm bushings and I love them.

On my to do list is to install my Mazda Comp Engine mounts, and Garage Star Poly Differential mounts.

curvingedge
09-20-2012, 06:06 PM
You had me at raped ape...

How much coin you spend?