PDA

View Full Version : testing injector wires help please

AHHthatsJDMyo
07-20-2012, 09:48 AM
quick run down of where i am with my misfire on cylinder 2 problem.
-no detonation on the spark plug.
-proven that i am getting spark, so i have to not be getting fuel right.
-pulled all injectors, tested/cleaned them with a home made injector sprayer and carb cleaner.(all worked great)
-flushed the fuel rail

but none of that has fixed the car so i think that the number 2 injector is just not getting signal to spray fuel. i went out this morning and turned the car on and used a multimeter on the AC setting to get a recording from the injector plug and was getting a steady ~3.5. so i pulled the plug for injector one to see what i got there and it was ~4.1. would that difference be the reason im not getting spray on injector 2 or am i testing wrong? im just using a cheap harbor freight multimeter if that helps.

AHHthatsJDMyo
07-20-2012, 10:18 AM
UPDATE #1

alright im getting 12v to all 4 plugs on the white/red wire.

next step i guess would be to test the continuity of the yellow/black wire for injector #2. this multimeter is a lot harder to figure out than the one i used to have so im trying to figure that out then ill start testing continuity from point to point.

only thing im not sure about is how to test the wire from the engine bay to the ecu? i know where the wire is on the ecu plug. is there some way i can jumper the ecu plug? maybe from the yellow/black wire for injector #2 to the yellow wire for injector #1, would that be the correct way to do that or is there a better way?

Agent☣Orange
07-20-2012, 11:45 AM
If you're just doing a simple continuity test, just unplug the ECU and injector to isolate that wire
run current throught it to test it.

kung fu jesus
07-20-2012, 12:07 PM
What year?

If Miatas fire the injectors in a batch, it would make sense another injector would be down, too.

AHHthatsJDMyo
07-20-2012, 12:18 PM
What year?

If Miatas fire the injectors in a batch, it would make sense another injector would be down, too.

All the injectors piggy back the same 12v wire but each has its own signal wire from the ecu.

AHHthatsJDMyo
07-20-2012, 12:25 PM
And it's a 96.

AHHthatsJDMyo
07-24-2012, 05:40 AM
Solved.

kung fu jesus
07-24-2012, 08:15 AM
What was it?

AHHthatsJDMyo
07-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Signal wire. Had to fix the wire and it's all good!