PDA

View Full Version : The Zombie Miata Thread

Phatmiata
07-20-2012, 03:33 PM
The Zombie Miata

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3617/3517402972_1e26a766fe_b.jpg

The power’s out, the phone is dead, you haven’t seen your dog/cat in days and there are bodies stacked like cord wood in front of your sandbag-and-plywood reinforced house. The screams from neighboring houses died off a few days ago, and you’re down to your last room temperature Michelob Amber Bock. Time for a beer run, but the roads are blocked by flesh eating Zombies and your stock Miata just isn’t going to cut the mustard; if only you’d prepared for the upcoming zombie apocalypse like your neighbor Mike did.

The real problem with the zombie apocalypse is that you won’t know when or where it begins. By the time you realize that a bombproof SUV would be a good thing to have; well, it’s a little late to go down to the dealer and buy one, isn’t it? You could try stealing one, but given the number of Americans with guns, that may not be the best solution.

While an M1 Abrams Tank is probably the best vehicle for the apocalypse, they’re hard to find on the used market, especially with guns intact. Even if you do find a clean one on eBay, where are you going to put it? Do you really think that the neighbors will believe it’s your new lawn tractor? Think the wife is going to give the green light for that purchase? You need a practical vehicle for the zombie apocalypse that doesn’t raise the suspicions of your neighbors or local law enforcement. Something that can handle good, yet still run down those flesh eating bastards like you’re playing a video game.

So here’s the deal: Let's help each other out and get a running list of weapons we can install on our Miata's, this should get us ready for the end of days.

My first choice would be an M-60 Mounted to the rollbar, or maybe some machine guns in the Turn Signal areas? Similar to the old James Bond cars.

What weapons would YOU choose for your Zombie Miata? :zombie: Let's build the ultimate Zombie Miata folks! We have the technology!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/316209_10150335590406965_642111964_8569402_1459309 078_n.jpg

hippari
07-20-2012, 03:44 PM
I think in a case where transmission of zed virus through contact is an issue, maybe a hardtop would be beneficial. If I had an NA the turn signal intakes would become turn signal flamethrowers. Would definitely put spikes on the daisies too.

tsingson
07-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Outward facing chainsaws on the sides of the miata. Brushguard with Hella Driving lights up front. Probably large spikes attached to it. Most likely an Exoskeleton surrounding the miata.

Mia95
07-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Oh noes...but what about the slammed guys? They'd get overrun by zombies when they gotta slow down to go over railroad tracks.. :shock:

Demon I Am
07-20-2012, 04:10 PM
lift kit, super swampers. The shitty thing is that the car is too low. With there being no DOT to clean shit/debris off of the road, the average Miata would become beached rather quickly. Without a proper (metal/reinforced) top, they can just reach in and grab some flesh/bleed all over you. flamethrowers are a bad idea, since they do not feel pain. they'd just be on fire, and climbing all over your car, which would probably cook you. Hard plexi/shatterproof windows would be good idea.

tsingson
07-20-2012, 04:20 PM
I got room in my Expedition but hot chicks come first. :slayer:

Phatmiata
07-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Maybe if you could make these shark teeth into a functional version that used hydraulics to crush, chomp, and chew its prey? :)

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5663/dsc35026.jpg

Agent☣Orange
07-20-2012, 04:50 PM
I'd weld machete blades on the wheels.

Phatmiata
07-20-2012, 04:57 PM
I'd weld machete blades on the wheels.

How about this, it would break the legs, and chop up flesh pretty nice

http://www.goldenrider.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/1964-Aston-Martin-DB5-weapon.jpg

wannafbody
07-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Ditch the tires and weld dozer tracks to a set of widened steelies

ctrench
07-20-2012, 05:38 PM
lol my teeth have no function for killing... raise up as high as my racelands allow, hardtop, and some kind of engine swap my shitty 1.6 could probably run over 1 zombie but with 2 in the road i would probably get stuck due to my 90ft/lbs of torque

tsingson
07-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Ditch the tires and weld dozer tracks to a set of widened steelies

Well there goes our great fuel economy.....:toomuch:

iRoadster
07-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Silly hypothetical car is silly, but still, I'd take the idea from Rolls Royce of having deployable umbrellas in the doors but replace them with katanas. Also a Trap lip with a sharpened metal edge. Maybe a roll bar mounted .50cal as well.