PDA

View Full Version : 4x100 to 4x114.3 Question!

dylanrgriffin
07-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Hello all! I am new to the Miata forum!
I'll get right to the point!

I have real ssr longchamp XR-4's I bought for a great price and refurbished them.
Front specs: 15x6.5 offset +18
Rear specs: 15x7 offset -1
*The wheels are obviously PCD 4x114.3

I originally had the adapters converting 4x100 to 4x114.3, but I would need to run overfender for the wheels to fit without a stupid amount of camber. I decided to sell my adapters. I dont like the fact that once you decide to go the route of overfenders, you cant go back lol.
I hate the whole "hellaflush" "stanced" scene honestly. If thats what your into thats cool just not for me. Anyways, I want to keep an old-school type of vibe and look to my car and in my own way. Hopefully I will start a build thread once I get going with my other plans as well! :D

I have been trying to research and come up with Ideas about how to go from the stock 4x100 to 4x114.3 without the use of adapters and using overfenders.

The 2 things I have come across in going 4x114.3, is redrilling my stock hubs to 4x114.3, or to maybe to fit the fc rx7 hubs that come in 4x114.3. (I believe the RX7 GSL/SE years 84-88 and GLC 82-85)
These are the only things I have been able to come up with.

Thanks for reading and I hope someone has experience or knowledge about this. If this has been answered elsewhere Im sorry and hope others with this same Idea or thought can read it here.

dylanrgriffin
07-23-2012, 06:49 PM
These are my wheels that I love so much! :) I hope I can figure out a solution so I can fit them to my car without being "hellaflush". I am not trying to sound like an idiot, I just want to fit the wheels to my car and not look like an idiot. I will provide pictures once I fit them to my car and see what you guys think :)

Driftdevil
07-23-2012, 06:52 PM
You can't the hubs. they aren't a big enough diameter to be able to.

dylanrgriffin
07-23-2012, 07:14 PM
That's what I was afraid of. It does makes sense. Have you ever heard about using the rx7 hubs and maybe entire brake setup I mentioned? There should be a couple at the junkyard close by I might check out.

Just throwing out everything I could think of ya know?

Driftdevil
07-23-2012, 08:38 PM
I know for the rear if you swap to the rx7 rear end you can get 114 that way. The fronts I'm not totally for sure on. Might check club roadster (they've had some threads about the same stuff) and even miata.net to see if you might dig something up on it.

drv2fst
07-23-2012, 09:13 PM
A couple companies have spent some engineering time on 4x114 / 5x114 hubs, but no one has delivered. :(

Big Red
08-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Do some hunting around at engineering workshops, My housemate had some custom hub assemblys made up for his Brat/Brumby for the WRX conversion. Issue is that finding brake rotors may either have to be custom as well.... & it will most likely cost mega $$$$. It all comes down to how much money you want to spend.

dylanrgriffin
08-03-2012, 02:07 AM
Yea I've been doing alot of research! lol Someone did the 5 lug conversion using FD rx7 hubs and spindles with a whole write up.
I was thinking if the RX7 GSL/SE 84-88 and GLC 82-85 hubs would work the same as the 5 lug from the FD did.

Currently, I have put my wheels up for sale :(
I will still continue trying to find a solution until I either sell the wheels or figure out a cost-effective solution. Thanks for the input everyone!
It gets irritating looking for solutions and peple reply with answers such as (there are plenty of wheels in 4x100 blahh blah blahh) lol You gotta do something different and have fun modding and making things work! :D

Anywho, If the wheels sell, Ill either be purchasing new old-school wheels(in 4x100), going turbo, or bracing up my chassis and getting other goodies here and there! :)

Big Red
08-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Yea I've been doing alot of research! lol Someone did the 5 lug conversion using FD rx7 hubs and spindles with a whole write up.
I was thinking if the RX7 GSL/SE 84-88 and GLC 82-85 hubs would work the same as the 5 lug from the FD did.

Currently, I have put my wheels up for sale :(
I will still continue trying to find a solution until I either sell the wheels or figure out a cost-effective solution. Thanks for the input everyone!
It gets irritating looking for solutions and peple reply with answers such as (there are plenty of wheels in 4x100 blahh blah blahh) lol You gotta do something different and have fun modding and making things work! :D

Anywho, If the wheels sell, Ill either be purchasing new old-school wheels(in 4x100), going turbo, or bracing up my chassis and getting other goodies here and there! :)

Tried my best to help dylanrgriffin, I hope you can get this problem solved. I'm sure you should be able to get a set of blank rotors drilled in the correct PCD. off the top of my head I think we can get brake rotors in their blank form here in aus. but I'm not to sure if you can get them where you are..... :( & its all on how much you want to spend.

keen az to see if you can come up with a solution though. :D

afc2112
08-03-2012, 01:37 PM
1. Buy SSR for great price
2. Refurb them
3. Sell them. Profit.
4. Use profits to buy wheels that fit.

This is really simple.

tsingson
08-13-2012, 11:38 AM
OP, Did you ever decide what you were going to do with these?

vrmmmpshhh
08-13-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm very sure someone on here was selling 4x114.3 hubs so it can be done.

tsingson
08-14-2012, 09:59 AM
I've looked into this also but it seemed more practical to just get wheels that fit. But that is just me.

dylanrgriffin
08-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Sorry for the late response everyone!
Currently I've posted the wheels for sale. I had first imagined it would be as simple as switching the hubs to the earlier rx7 hubs. lol

I have seen custom hubs being sold as well vrmmmpsh. But they were being sold for $350 I believe?
Anyways, Basically I wanted to run those wheels as they are on of my dream wheels, but I will be selling them and either going with a turbo setup or getting some other old school wheels!

Thanks Big Red for your previous reply as well!

Once the wheels are sold and I have something new to replace them with I'll be sure to post it! thanks everyone!

tsingson
08-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Glad to hear that you have come up with a decision man. Sorry about having to sell your dream wheels though. Wasn't meant to be with those wheels man. You'll find some better ones. Trust me.

dylanrgriffin
08-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks bro!! Yea Ill be on the hunt for some wheels, AGAIN! lol I was looking for about 4 months straight for some wheels that I really wanted!
Iv'e come into contact with someone that imports parts from japan, and ships out USDM parts back! (mostly oldschool honda parts) But he comes across old school wheels as well! So ill be contacting him when my current wheels sell!

tsingson
08-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Nice man! Good luck!

Big Red
08-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Sorry for the late response everyone!

Thanks Big Red for your previous reply as well!

No sweat, I'm very keen to see what you spend your money on..... So many cools mods to do & so little time in the day. :)