PDA

View Full Version : Help I need a photobox, or how to make one?

Phatmiata
07-26-2012, 02:54 PM
I have heard of folks making a photobox to take better shots of small parts, or in my case diecast cars, anybody using one, or have a link on how to make a legit one? I made one but the photos come out with yellow tint now? :wtf:

Agent☣Orange
07-26-2012, 03:03 PM
I got a cheap kit from eBay for $20 a while back. You can go pretty fancy but I just liked the little lights that sit on either side of the box to even out the lighting. If you're just doing small items for selling on eBay or your diecast cars, one of those kits would work out fine.

Or, make your own with a little frame to drape the material over and a couple clip-on lights of the right temp to light it all up. A little table top tripod is handy too.

moerdogg
07-26-2012, 03:09 PM
As far the yellow tint goes, you can try setting the camera white balance to incandescent. That's a free tip care of RevLimiter. He helped me out when was trying to capture some shots of my DIY gauges.

For the box, I'd say some luan for a frame and a white/black sheet. The eBay option sounds pretty good, though!

smaeda
07-26-2012, 03:25 PM
What camera are you using? A little post process will help quite a bit too in getting rid of unwanted tints.

smaeda
07-26-2012, 09:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk5hHNsAcec&feature=g-vrec

You could always do it on the cheap like this^

modernbeat
07-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Phat, we use a HUGE fabric box that acts as a diffuser for the flashes located outside the box. They're know as a "portable photo studio" and collapse flat for storage. We've been VERY happy with it. Smaller versions like this are available.