PDA

View Full Version : It was fun while it lasted.

Coupeloop
07-28-2012, 05:16 AM
well some of you may know, as of last week. I am no longer a Miata owner. It was fun while it lasted. I've owned the car for 6 years now, and threw so much time and money in it. I went through 8 other cars while owning this car, and thought I'd never sell it. Actually in the very beginning i wasn't even looking to own a miata, and to be honest i didn't know crap about them or even noticed them on the street. It was a car that I was offered for trade when I was selling my ae86. I didn't have much direction with it till many years later at its final stages of the car. While I owned the car, I took it on a canyon run or two... and a few drift events.... don't get me wrong it was fun.
But honestly, driving (as in getting serious and taking it to the track terms) wasn't really my thing, I never claimed to be good at it nor do I really like it to be honest.
I got a lot of "why do you throw parts on a car and don't drive?" It was in the end after helping a friend build a XDC drift car, I can only realize that I only did it just because I wanted to build a car. Spending the time wrenching, and fabricating and bringing my ideas to reality I find more fun/satisfying. Even if it was just driven on the streets once in a while. Then I realized all I wanted to do is to show others (and non-miata owners) that Miatas can be kinda cool. To be honest I really really REALLY hate the exterior of the damn car thats why i threw all the are at it, and I wanted to kill all the body lines for me to actually find the car acceptable. Even had my car mistaken for an RX-7 sometimes :lol: But I don't get me wrong, I liked my car, I like what I did to it. but miatas to me in general are very :shrug:

but regardless, a lot of close good friends were definitely made. And a lot of lessons were learned.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/582152_10151075662891066_916041700_n.jpg

but on to my new toy!
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae182/windchariot/photo4.jpg

finally brought it home tonight. It was my friend's first car in high school (he was the 3rd owner I believe), and I told him if he were to EVER sell it, that I would buy it. Since then, 7 years later he calls me. That's also when I decided to sell my car (instantly in a heartbeat), since honestly I didn't want a miata to begin with, and GC8s are one of the top tiers of the cars I ever want to own. Major maintenance has been done few months ago, 104k on the odo. OEM LSD in the rear, JDM tid bits here and there.

snuggled in with the others in the garage.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/557305_10151090651966066_763990903_n.jpg

Blueiii
07-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Some pretty nice choices in the garage, there! In all honesty - I can agree that a Miata is not a great car if the goal is "image" or "looks" but not performance. From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I'd love to drive a Challenger. The Miata truly is a car to be driven, not one to be seen in. Congratulations on the new ride! I dig the SRS, although the wheels are kind of.... not my style.

NAautoxer
07-28-2012, 07:07 AM
i've always wanted a 2.5rs sedan in silver.. great cars.

Phatmiata
07-28-2012, 11:37 AM
very nice choice! Don't be a stranger! You are always welcome here with us brother! Looking forward to updates on the new rides!

paulsk
07-28-2012, 03:17 PM
http://gamerindepth.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/angry-mob.png

<3

Phatmiata
07-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Im sure you will find yourself in a Miata again at some point, ..................................they always come back. hehe

JonnyD
07-28-2012, 05:41 PM
I like the new car I would love to modify one of those. Nice garage I'm jealous, I really want to have a 3 car garage.

Coupeloop
07-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Im sure you will find yourself in a Miata again at some point, ..................................they always come back. hehe

I still have the TE37v and a spanking new Kaaz lsd for a NB diff. so probably... but WAY later

theothersawyer
07-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Sad to see! This car was so pretty! Is the new owner anyone on the forums?

Coupeloop
07-30-2012, 02:43 AM
well i dont know about this forum....
but the person i sold it to is a very good friend of mine. he was only on CR to buy/sell parts for his old miata...since then he sold it and bought this............ yes thats him. First registered owner in North America

http://youtu.be/wGve5PNY-k8

so now he has a miata and the FRS (which he barely drives because it just hops around manufactures getting prototypes done on for the free parts)

thait
07-30-2012, 02:08 PM
your miata is a icon! but i understand on how the miata is a car many of us just stumble apond. the miata for me was more of a cheap gas saver...ended up being a tinker bug -_-.... Congrats on the GC i always had a soft spot for them

Kuane
07-30-2012, 04:22 PM
You just wanted to move on. Everyone will end up doing something else sooner or later...

Tylerq219
07-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Good choice. 2.5rs over miata all day everyday.

Driftdevil
07-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Like phat said.... They always come back. I spent 5 yrs with my first one and sold it for 2 wheels. About 2 yrs ago the merlot pulled me back in.

Grip Driver
07-30-2012, 06:30 PM

The man speaks the truth, been there myself. Goo d luck with the Subie, I've spent some time behind the wheel and they are fun in a different way.

Darthteddy
08-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Now I wanna trade my hoop D for a Subie