PDA

View Full Version : OEM Splash Guard

tsingson
08-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Mods please move this if this is in the wrong place.

I was talking with DemonIAm last night and we were discussing the OEM Splash Guard on the Miata. Mine is kind of hanging down from the rear because the areas where the bolts are have been ripped off so I can't put the bolts through. If I remove this, would it cause any harm? Demon was saying that it does affect the cooling of the miata but I wanted to be sure. If it does, then maybe I can get it up in the air and zip tie it up. I tried searching but didn't come up with anything. Thanks for your help guys.

Demon I Am
08-07-2012, 10:35 AM
You could always try using some fender washers with an appropriate sized bolt/screw. Would probably give it enough grip.

tsingson
08-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Yeah I will take a look at it once the car dries off. I will see what I can do. Its irritating hearing it when I go over speed bumps and such.

revlimiter
08-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Sharka's had fender washers helping to keep it supported for many years. Then I made my own out of a political sign. heh

RotorNutFD3S
08-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Definitely try to keep it installed if you can. The mouth of my bumper replaces the forward part of the splash guard/undertray because it extends just as far back, while that bumper was off to get repainted I put on an OE bumper without that portion. According to my ScanGauge my coolant temp. went up from what I normally see at idle and at cruise, not to the point of overheating or anything bad, but it does help direct airflow through the heat exchangers and engine bay. My intake temps were not as they normally are either, they climbed faster at a stop and took longer to come back down at cruise.

tsingson
08-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Ok I will find a way to keep it on. Thanks for all the replies guys. Wow. A helpful forum. Imagine that.