View Full Version : Aftermarket radio fails to turn on

Mia95
08-10-2012, 12:20 PM
The head unit, some Pioneer model, has been installed on my car for well over a year. Last night, when I took my car out the first time, the radio was working perfectly fine. After I parked it and came back out a few hours later, I noticed the radio didn't turn on when I turned the key on on, nor when I started the car.

A blown fuse seems like the most likely culprit so I'm currently looking for a diagram of the fuse box under the dash to find out which fuses to check. I'm hoping its just the fuse because I'm certainly not savvy when it comes to wires, and my next guess would be a loose connection somewhere.

Is there something else I could be missing? You know, other than the possibility that the head unit got fried somehow. My last option seems to be to disconnect it and test it on a battery to see if the head unit is the problem... :fp:

Andy
08-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Well I am trying to sell a head unit. It is aftermarket and has iPod integration. Pm me if you are interested. I could do $40 shipped.

Mia95
08-10-2012, 06:28 PM
No, thanks. I was trying to fix the problem not look for a replacement.

On that note, I checked the fuses and found the one at fault. Issue resolved

Agent☣Orange
08-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Good job Mia. Proud of you!

LOL
08-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Your next question should be; why'd the fuse blow in the first place?

tsingson
08-13-2012, 09:13 AM
^agreed. You may want to check for any shorts in the wiring.

Mia95
08-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Your next question should be; why'd the fuse blow in the first place?

^agreed. You may want to check for any shorts in the wiring.

I was thinking about that. I figured that if there is a short, another fuse will blow, and that'll pretty much be my confirmation.

iKhanh
09-25-2012, 02:52 PM
was the fuse that you blew the one labeled on the cover as "Cigar"?

SM16RMSM
09-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Pioneer also have a fuse on the back of the headunit next to the plug harness. Mine blew out there and I couldn't trace it until I final decided to replace it and realized the fuse there. Sucks to pull it out and replace it.