PDA

View Full Version : Alfa Romeo's version of Mazda MX-5 Miata to be costlier, offer own engines?

MRnewsBot
09-05-2012, 05:30 AM
Alfa Romeo's version of Mazda MX-5 Miata to be costlier, offer own engines

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2012/08/alfaconceptroadster.jpg

If this comes to pass, it shouldn't be a surprise in the least, but What Car? is reporting that the Alfa Romeo version of the roadster it is co-developing with Mazda will be more expensive than the MX-5 Miata upon which it is based. Alfa's market perception alone would seem to encourage that scenario, but it sounds like intentionally avoiding competition is also be at play, as Mazda's CEO has told the magazine that "the two cars were unlikely to be priced or positioned to compete against each other."

The Miata is predicted to bow as early as year (we're hearing it will likely be later), the Alfa version in 2015. Although both are expected to be built at Mazda's plant in Hiroshima, Japan the roadsters will get engines from their respective parent companies. The MX-5 is speculated to get its motivation from a 1.3-liter, 200-horsepower four-cylinder. But if Alfa wanted to charge a little more for a MultiAir-engined, 300-horsepower production version of the Pininfarina-penned 2uettottanta concept showed off at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show... well, we'd have nothing bad to say about it.

source: http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/04/alfa-romeos-version-of-mazda-mx-5-miata-to-be-costlier-offer-o/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fautoblog+%28Auto blog%29

Stay with MazdaRoadster for Miata MX-5 Related News

atank
09-05-2012, 07:24 AM
I bet it will be expensive!

Phatmiata
09-05-2012, 09:33 AM
IF the chassis is the same (since they are made at the same plant) then maybe good for a motor swap from the Alfa to the Miata??

revlimiter
09-05-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm imagining a lot of NDs will be receiving Alfa badges.

Demon I Am
09-05-2012, 11:05 AM
do not want

Phatmiata
09-05-2012, 11:07 AM
that photo is a a concept Alfa from 2010 FWIW, im sure the real one will look better.

WASABI
09-05-2012, 11:59 AM
that photo is a a concept Alfa from 2010 FWIW, im sure the real one will look better.

I think that Alfa looks damn nice. They have always made great designs...for the most part.

treeafodo
09-05-2012, 09:05 PM
They have always made great designs...for the most part.
I agree. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this one. It's futuristic, which I'm not a fan of usually, but it's not too futuristic and out there that it's weird. To me it reminds me of an Audi.

Vegard
09-06-2012, 09:28 AM
If the Alfa - Mazda cab happens I am 100% sure that the Alfa's will be the best looking, if the designs differ from each other.