PDA

View Full Version : NA Bilstein B6/HD shocks

sss1987
09-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Hey guys...ive read a LOT of mixed reviews on m.net regarding the bilsteins. The consensus is that the N/A hds are harsher then the NB versions, but not as harsh as LE/R pkg bilsteins. Shorter bumpstops and stiffer springs also help...

Obviously revalves are popular on the NA versions.

I was just interested in hearing from anyone who had fitted the NA versions recently and is happy or even sad with them.

bedheadben
09-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Hey guys...ive read a LOT of mixed reviews on m.net regarding the bilsteins. The consensus is that the N/A hds are harsher then the NB versions, but not as harsh as LE/R pkg bilsteins. Shorter bumpstops and stiffer springs also help...

Obviously revalves are popular on the NA versions.

I was just interested in hearing from anyone who had fitted the NA versions recently and is happy or even sad with them.

I had NA Bilsteins revalved and they were great! They were not that bad even before they were revalved and it's only something like $100 a corner.

sss1987
09-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Is that the NA HDs or the NA Le/Rpkg bilsteins.....i have the s spec bilsteins (same as rpkg/le) and even in the uk i dont find it a terrible ride.
I think theres 1 place here which can revalve the bilsteins... may i ask what you asked for when you got yours re-valved? ie was it to match a set of springs or NB hd damper curves etc?

bedheadben
09-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Is that the NA HDs or the NA Le/Rpkg bilsteins.....i have the s spec bilsteins (same as rpkg/le) and even in the uk i dont find it a terrible ride.
I think theres 1 place here which can revalve the bilsteins... may i ask what you asked for when you got yours re-valved? ie was it to match a set of springs or NB hd damper curves etc?

They were the HD's. I just told them the spring rate I would be running and that it was primarily a track car and the setup was great. I tend to leave shock valving up to real engineers :lol:

sss1987
09-09-2012, 04:20 AM
Hahaha, yeh i think i may find out what Bilstein UK would want to know.

Im guessing you went for a GC sort of set up?

bedheadben
09-09-2012, 04:55 AM
Hahaha, yeh i think i may find out what Bilstein UK would want to know.

Im guessing you went for a GC sort of set up?

Yup, cheap threaded perches with cheap springs in the correct rate that I found online.

sss1987
09-09-2012, 08:15 AM
cheers for the ben.

Now im interested if anyones running them with the later FM springs :D