PDA

View Full Version : New MX5 trim level options for next 2015 Roadster

MRnewsBot
09-10-2012, 06:37 AM
New Mazda MX-5: more details

More personalisation options for next MX-5
Car expected on sale in 2015
Alfa Romeo to use next MX-5 platform

The next Mazda MX-5 will be offered with similar levels of personalisation to the Fiat 500 and Mini, a senior design source has told What Car?.

Mazda designer Akira Tamatani admitted that the company was considering offering far more options when the new rear-wheel-drive roadster goes on sale 'to help a customer's relationship with the car'.

The all-new sports car is expected to go on sale around 2015, and be far lighter and sportier than the current model. It's thought that it will weigh in the region of 1000kg – around 100kg less than the current model.

Power will come from a turbocharged 1.3-litre engine, producing around 200bhp.
Insiders have also revealed that a lighter, stripped out, hardcore version will be joining the range.

In a first for the company, Mazda is going to share the MX-5 technology with another car maker: Alfa will be producing its own open-top sportscar using the same platform. It will be built by Mazda, but have a unique body and interior.

source: http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/new-mazda-mx-5-more-details/263751

hippari
09-10-2012, 07:11 AM
oh, don't get me all excited right now!

well.. it does seem like just a compilation of all the rumors we've been hearing to date, but.. wouldn't it be nice?

Phatmiata
09-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Well keep in mind they are building the new Alfa as well, and I would think Alfa would make different packages like that, so it does fit in line with that.

curvingedge
09-20-2012, 05:44 PM
1.3l? not interested... keeping the NB afterall

sdemo45
09-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Turbo 1.3L with 200bhp... just how is your NB better than that? 1.3T sounds awesome!

titch
09-21-2012, 03:22 AM
I know these are just early rumours, but that sounds promising...

Lighter, stripped out version FTW!

curvingedge
09-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Turbo 1.3L with 200bhp... just how is your NB better than that? 1.3T sounds awesome!

No replacement for displacement... I don't care about the hp from the 1.3l I just dont like smaller displacment from the tried and true 1.8l.

SM16RMSM
09-21-2012, 11:28 AM
They going toward the new 1.3L turbocharge Skyactiv motor. There where pictures somewhere on the net of it. 40 MPG and 200 WHP. Doesn't sound too bad. I still would like to seen 250-350 WHP.

I more worried on how it looks overall, and how the interion is going to be, cheap plastic or something more of quality.

curvingedge
09-21-2012, 04:14 PM
I agree MSM. Hopefully they can get it right with the quality.

Looking forward to see how the new MX-5 looks, but my hopes are low.

SM16RMSM
09-21-2012, 08:23 PM
All we can do is wait.

I never liked the interior of the NA since it felt cheap. I always like the interior of the NB, so that is what I bought myself. I had the option to get the MSM for 16,900 with 16,xxx miles or buy a new 2011 with 12 miles for something like 24,000. I love the way the NC looks but the interior is a turn off. Since it will be a dd, I find I like to have a NB over a NC for a dd.

The so called ND, well, I hope will be a improvement over the NC. I know Mazda is paying the pricing game with others car manufactures. But there should be a base model, sport model, and a premium model with sport options. They done this but with cheap modifications. base would be cheap in my book, plastic everywhere. The sport model would have the better suspension and better motor option, like having a turbo with a great tune, not a shitty tune like what they did to the MSM. The premium model should have the options as the sport model along with premium interior pieces. nice thick dash like the NB, LED gauge cluster (something better than what they did to the 2nd gen Speed 3) , NAV/DVD headunit, better speakers that Bose, and the folding Hard Top, and HID, can't forget that. There is plenty of options.

But then again this is my opinion so how knows.