PDA

View Full Version : source for "My other car is a Miata" License plate frame ?

Phatmiata
09-11-2012, 09:45 AM
As the title states

source for "My other car is a Miata" License plate frame ?

I looked all over the net and eBay and all I can find are ones that say only Mazda Miata, or Roadster.
But I want a License plate frame that specifically says "My other car is a Miata".

I drive both my kids to school everyday so I cannot take the Miata as a daily driver :fp: , but I see tons of Miatas and would just like to represent! And my kids like to wave to the Miatas too, LOL

So ........ what online or local store has one for sale?

Agent☣Orange
09-11-2012, 10:44 AM
You could probably have one made online or have a few made with props to MR and sell them.

Phatmiata
09-11-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't have the spare time brother! I used to see these for sale all the time, what happened to them?

Was it the rumored "Miata" patent issue from years past or something? :teehee:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/90/Miyata_head_badge.JPG/250px-Miyata_head_badge.JPG

Agent☣Orange
09-11-2012, 12:12 PM
No idea about any patent or trademark issues. Hardly seems worth the litigation effort. I haven't seen any frames you mention but I don't usually look for them.

If you have a minute, this place will make you a frame. They even have customizable Japanese license plates.

http://www.autoplates.com/

Phatmiata
09-11-2012, 12:19 PM
I want the "Miata" script........... :cry:

But I might do this in my free time, thanks for the link!

Grip Driver
09-11-2012, 12:57 PM
I believe these were sold through the miatas.net store years ago. I would check with them to see if they have any kicking around.

Agent☣Orange
09-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Miatas.net is an excellent site.

Grip Driver
09-12-2012, 11:38 AM
you know what I mean smarty pants :blaugh2:, miata.net

Cxmoney
09-12-2012, 12:32 PM
im sure one of the koisks in the mall can make you one. or at least they can in GA and CA. they make custom license plate frames to say whatever you choose.

Phatmiata
09-12-2012, 01:22 PM
im sure one of the koisks in the mall can make you one. or at least they can in GA and CA. they make custom license plate frames to say whatever you choose.

hah! good Idea, Ill have to look into that too.