PDA

View Full Version : OBD2 Coder Reader Error

blenderblast
09-14-2012, 07:38 AM
I've tried 3 different code readers on my green Miata ('97). I get the same thing on the screen. I have tested these same three readers on my other Miata ('96) and they have worked.

The code reads exactly; "LINK ERROR Operating Error Check Connections! Try Again?"

What do I do? How can I fix this?

I've checked all my connections and they are fine.

revlimiter
09-14-2012, 08:38 AM
That also happened on my 97 all the time. I would just plug and unplug until I finally got it to work.

SM16RMSM
09-14-2012, 10:14 AM
It a connection issue. The plug isn't making good contact with the port. It could also be a possible wire issue. I wire has come undone somewhere. Also look to see if you have a bent pin inside the connector.

Our 2001 Duramax has the same issue. It doesn't get power so I get the error saying that it not getting power.

mhogan0
09-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Dood check ur fuses u have a fuse blown

blenderblast
09-14-2012, 01:22 PM
I've checked all my fuses, and replaced them all for the eff of it, I've swapped the fuses under the hood between my DD '96 to the '97. I've checked all the connections, grounds, swapped out relays, swapped ECUs, none of the ECUs were/are modified, the key was on the "on" position when attempting to use the code readers.

When I go back outside I'll try plugging and un plugging until maybe it works. I only have one battery, so I have to swap the battery between the two Miatas.

If there are any other suggestions, please name them. I don't care if they sound stupid, any idea is better then none and I may find one that works.

bedheadben
09-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Have you checked all the wires from the ECU to the OBD2 connector for continuity? That's the first thing I would do.