PDA

View Full Version : Orlando to Damn Diner

Thumper13
09-14-2012, 08:06 PM
October 20th The Damn Diner Part Tre !

It's that time again. Orlando to the Diner and meet up with the Gainesville crew around 10:00 for some good food and reasonable prices. If you haven't made this run with F 86 and me down Thrill Hill,through Esmeralda and the last several miles to the diner are in for a treat.

If "spirited " driving is not your cup o tea,we can have two groups,one touring and one led by me on a "spirited " drive :japaneseflag: BANZAI !

ramius
09-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Sign me up. Was there last year and the trikes were quite annoying. Not a fan of getting tickets, however. :P

SM16RMSM
09-22-2012, 08:26 AM
October 20th The Damn Diner Part Tre !
If "spirited " driving is not your cup o tea,we can have two groups,one touring and one led by me on a "spirited " drive :japaneseflag: BANZAI !

It better be sprinted. If not, I want directions and I will be waiting for Thumper to show up.

Thumper13
09-23-2012, 07:53 PM
It better be sprinted. If not, I want directions and I will be waiting for Thumper to show up.

:toomuch:

Next year bring your sorry ass up to The Snake and we'll see who is waiting for whom ?

Maybe Andrew will post the pic of his speedometer when he followed me to Kissimmee

SM16RMSM
09-24-2012, 11:44 AM
:toomuch:
Next year bring your sorry ass up to The Snake and we'll see who is waiting for whom ?

Don't underestimate someone you don't know. I pretty damn good. I take any challenge on.

Thumper13
09-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Don't underestimate someone you don't know. I pretty damn good. I take any challenge on.

I love a person who is really confident. I didn't mean to underestimate ( not a good thing to do ) and I think we'll have some fun running together. Don't expect to be waiting very long if you do get there before me. If you do beat me I'll be there before you can exhale :encouragement:

I checked out your profile..I may have to change my mind about you..Good God you have Yellow Yata listed as a friend ? Something is VERY wrong with you !

Thumper13
09-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Sign me up. Was there last year and the trikes were quite annoying. Not a fan of getting tickets, however. :P

Trikes are really more like moving chicanes or Chicago boxes. Tickets are a no no and while I may,no make that AM crazy I am not stupid.:shock: ( very often )

AndrewTCM
09-25-2012, 11:53 AM
lol that pic was on my old phone, its gone. I wanna be right behind thumper....er following:fp: lol

this will be interesting, Just drove two hours at sebring at night (14 hrs of Sebring ChumpCar race)with some rain mixed in. You would not believe the amount of cars i passed, I was running sub 3 min lap times also not sure on my best haven't looked at all 40 something laps i did yet.

And I never drove sebring before.. Good thing I learn fast. Its dark:shock:
Most of the time you turn and hope the turn is still there hahah

Phatmiata
09-25-2012, 02:53 PM
pics man pics!

:TTIWWP:

AndrewTCM
09-25-2012, 03:12 PM
http://www.awolphoto.smugmug.com/keyword/092212-78#!i=2106367181&k=dc5n2nN

Check that link for pics, the pics with the lights on the car was me

SM16RMSM
09-25-2012, 06:54 PM
I love a person who is really confident. I didn't mean to underestimate ( not a good thing to do ) and I think we'll have some fun running together. Don't expect to be waiting very long if you do get there before me. If you do beat me I'll be there before you can exhale :encouragement:

I checked out your profile..I may have to change my mind about you..Good God you have Yellow Yata listed as a friend ? Something is VERY wrong with you !

As long as I been racing, I know some moves that will put some to shame. YY, I met him when I was getting onto the forums. I met him in person during the 2011 Miata at the Beach over at Fort De Soto. That was also when I met those over in the Tampa crew and Gearheads crew.

Andrew, I running about 2:46 at Sebring Long Course I believe. That in Spec Miata. My last race, I finished 5th. All the national guys where elsewhere and I was running against the regional drivers. My best finish was 3rd, my second best was 5th. The top running cars run about a 2:30 in a lap for a fast time, and consistent about 2:34.

AndrewTCM
09-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Well, this is chumpcar, Our car is on stock suspension(cut springs), Dunlop Starspecs, and has a 2002 motor/wire harness

Our fastest time was 2:45.097

one of my fastest time(havent looked at all the laps) was 2:55.xxx

I have never driven there let alone at night lol

AndrewTCM
09-26-2012, 08:54 AM
ok back on topic! where are we meeting?

Is Gerald coming?

SM16RMSM
09-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Well, this is chumpcar, Our car is on stock suspension(cut springs), Dunlop Starspecs, and has a 2002 motor/wire harness

Our fastest time was 2:45.097

one of my fastest time(havent looked at all the laps) was 2:55.xxx

I have never driven there let alone at night lol

That not bad at all. I'm still not use to make rights yet. I have circle track raced since I was 11. Left, Left, Left, Left. plus all the shifting is still kind of new. I gotten use to it but my heel and toe needs work.

Gerald, I haven't heard anything from him in some time now.

Thumper13
09-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Gerald is having a few " issues " so I have invited him to ride with me. I speak to him on a fairly regular basis.

Thumper13
09-26-2012, 04:08 PM
ok back on topic! where are we meeting?

Is Gerald coming?

Why don't you meet me at the Holiday Inn off of 520...exit 201 on 95 about 7:00. There is a McD's if you want to get there a wee bit earlier and grab something quick. Then we can meet the rest at the Cracker Barrel behind the Deny's on 46 in Sanford. It will take about 1 hour to Sanford from there,maybe a little less the way you and I motor along.

AndrewTCM
09-27-2012, 07:55 AM
I'm not afraid to rev my car :8):

That should be fine, Gonna google map that real quick

Edit: thats like coco beach right?

Thumper13
09-27-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm not afraid to rev my car :8):

That should be fine, Gonna google map that real quick

Edit: thats like coco beach right?

RIGHT !!!!

Guess what lucky bastard gets to go back to the mountains next weekend ??? I have to be in Charlotte, for work,next Friday. SO........on Saturday the 6th.look out Tennessee...I'M BA....ACK !!!!

AndrewTCM
09-28-2012, 08:54 AM
that's bad ass!