PDA

View Full Version : Looking to purchase a muffler for my NB, need some input please.

Jeremiah
11-05-2012, 10:40 AM
As the title states, I am looking to purchase a muffler for my NB. I can go either the cat-back route or just an axleback. I am currently running a straight pipe axleback with turn down and while the exhaust note is deep, throaty, and rumbly (thanks to the turn down)...it is simply not my fancy anymore. I prefer to drive around under the radar and operate in a stealthy manner so announcing my presence is no bueno. I could throw my OEM muffler back on but I am looking for less restricted flow without sacrificing quietness. N1 mufflers are out of the question (they are not super loud but they are significant), I can entertain a canister muffler which wont be as loud as a N1 style. Also are there twin loop mufflers available for the NB? I am open to suggestions but here my preferences:

1. Canister style muffler or twin loop (if available)

2. lightweight

3. stainless steel, can be polished or flat/satin/matte black...doesnt matter to me.

4. Quiet, under 95 decibels for sure but preferably close to if not matching stock muffler sound levels.

BoBo
05-03-2013, 03:13 AM
Magnaflow or racingbeat.

Hyper
05-05-2013, 06:53 PM
i am selling a stainless steel magnaflow muffler in the classifieds sections. 3 inch in and out, cheap!!!

kung fu jesus
05-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Exhaust that size will depend on the size of the muffler and the resonator.

Ihatecars
05-06-2013, 11:44 AM
I had a Racing Beat turbo back on my rx7. That thing sounded so nice. Not too loud, but loud enough to hear the awesome exhaust note. Build quality was as good as it gets and it was something like 10lbs lighter than stock.

wannafbody
05-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Moss has the Cobalt on sale for 30% off till Friday 5/10/2013

Mountain Green
05-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Just put the Roadster 3 on my 99 NB, to be able to hear the tone of the engine. Pleased so far. Much better
than stock. Fit perfectly.