PDA

View Full Version : :-(

jef
11-13-2012, 07:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2B4ZA.jpg

info: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?4455-(&p=68056&viewfull=1#post68056

psulja
11-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Damn! That sucks, sorry to see. What happened?

new2mx5
11-13-2012, 08:10 PM
That is awful, sorry for your loss, salvage what you can and start over, it's only money.

theothersawyer
11-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Oh noes!!!!!!! That is so sad to see! Are you alright?

wannafbody
11-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Sucks

WASABI
11-13-2012, 10:28 PM
WOW, sad to see. First how did it happen, and second, if it's just the nose, it might not be as bad as it looks. There is about 10 inches of bumper Styrofoam, and plastic in the nose, before you start hitting metal. And if it did his some sub structure some of the metal can be replaced as well. Good luck.

-Jim

bedheadben
11-14-2012, 11:52 AM
What is this? How can you drop a bomb on us like this and then just leave? :lol:

I hope you're alright and your car looks like it could be fixable. Let me know if you want some help!

RotorNutFD3S
11-14-2012, 11:59 AM
It's because of the sticker on the windshield. :P

Seriously, sorry to see this! Hope you're ok and hopefully it's like Wasabi said and you didn't tweak anything structural.

jef
11-14-2012, 01:17 PM
WOW, sad to see. First how did it happen, and second, if it's just the nose, it might not be as bad as it looks. There is about 10 inches of bumper Styrofoam, and plastic in the nose, before you start hitting metal. And if it did his some sub structure some of the metal can be replaced as well. Good luck.

-Jim

Drifting gone bad =.= I usually don't do rain and I was feeling awesome, so I decided to crash into a fire hydrant :fp: And yes, I hope it's just the nose that took damage for the most part - I was going about 25-40 mph when I hit the hydrant. The hood and bumper is how you saw it, the radiator was cracked and I think the subframe was bent a little, but didn't look too much at it. Insurance picked it up and is taking a look at it right now to see if it's fixable or just totaled :( If totaled, i'll buy it back and probably part it out or try and get some help to put it back together. I know a few guys that have done frame work and I think replacing a few things won't be too hard, but I don't know if I want to keep a salvaged title for my car ;l

What is this? How can you drop a bomb on us like this and then just leave? :lol:

I hope you're alright and your car looks like it could be fixable. Let me know if you want some help!

I thought I would keep it interesting :p but i'm feeling better, but neck hurt for 2 days and my friend wasn't wearing his seatbelt and hit the windshield with his head :shock: he's doing better now too.

Oh noes!!!!!!! That is so sad to see! Are you alright?

I was okay with crashing her at first and now I totally miss her :(

Sucks

x1000

The Driver
11-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Wow, how sad!

Demon I Am
11-14-2012, 02:41 PM
At first, I was like :(

Then I read:

Drifting gone bad

And I was like:
:fp:

Rebuild it. Who cares if it has a salvage title, if you're just gonna go around crashing into things.

bedheadben
11-14-2012, 03:11 PM
I thought I would keep it interesting :p but i'm feeling better, but neck hurt for 2 days and my friend wasn't wearing his seatbelt and hit the windshield with his head :shock: he's doing better now too.
I was okay with crashing her at first and now I totally miss her :(
I'm glad you and especially your unstrapped friend are recovering well! I hope to see you out at the meets/cruises when you get your ride situation figured out. A friend of mine went THROUGH the windshield of his buddies Civic when they rear ended a minivan doing 40. Now he's got a nasty scar going down his face for life. I won't even leave the driveway without my seat belt after that.

At first, I was like :(
Then I read:
And I was like:
:fp:
Rebuild it. Who cares if it has a salvage title, if you're just gonna go around crashing into things.
That's pretty harsh man. Come on, like you've never gotten cheeky with a corner in the rain? We all make mistakes.

Once again Jef, let me know if you want a couple extra hands helping to put that beast back together.

Feel better, I know the pain from crashing the Miata is probably as bad as the pain in your neck, if not worse.

tsingson
11-14-2012, 04:05 PM
That's pretty harsh man. Come on, like you've never gotten cheeky with a corner in the rain? We all make mistakes.

I see both sides here. I understand sometimes getting a little sideways UNINTENTIONALLY in the rain but drifting is a little different. My concern is what if it had been another car instead of the fire hydrant. I'm all for drifting and getting sideways but there is a time and place to do so where there can be as little harm to the general public as possible.

But I am glad that he walked away and that no other parties had been involved.

theothersawyer
11-14-2012, 04:12 PM
For all we know he could have been somewhere with literally nobody around, so it was safe for him to drift, and he just happened to make a mistake and hit a hydrant. Either way it still sucks about your car and I hope you get it back on the road soon!

bedheadben
11-14-2012, 04:19 PM
I see both sides here. I understand sometimes getting a little sideways UNINTENTIONALLY in the rain but drifting is a little different. My concern is what if it had been another car instead of the fire hydrant. I'm all for drifting and getting sideways but there is a time and place to do so where there can be as little harm to the general public as possible.

I wasn't advocating drifting on the street, just saying that I think most of us have gotten it sideways intentionally at least once.

My concern is what if it had been a little kid instead of a fire hydrant, but I'm sure all of these things are going through his head and we don't need to beat him up over it. I'm not going to say he's just going to go out and crash it into stuff, that's for sure.

Demon I Am, no hard feelings, but maybe next time a grain of sympathy? The man just lost his Miata.

psulja
11-14-2012, 04:19 PM

Seeing that he hit a hydrant rather than a car, I'm going to assume he wasn't doing it around other cars. He crashed and the only damage was to his own car, a simple mistake.

I slide around a tonne in the rain and snow, I've had someone slide into me before, it sucks, but you live and you learn. I haven't hit anyone or anything yet because I try to do it on my own or with some friends away from any other kind of traffic.

Not saying it's the smartest thing to do, but at least precautions are taken to avoid harming others.

jef
11-14-2012, 06:17 PM
To clarify *I wasn't near any traffic or people :)

It sucks that I managed to do this ;l

Thanks for your comments and help guys! I will keep this updated when I hear more from insurance.

treeafodo
11-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Suck to hear about the damage. Good luck with insurance.

Phatmiata
11-15-2012, 12:20 PM
ouch!!! that looks like it could be a loss. Glad nobody was hurt!

jef
11-15-2012, 11:09 PM
They said it will most likely be totaled, but the paperwork comes back Monday and they'll let me know then. Any one need Miata parts? :D

jef
11-19-2012, 07:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/G23xZ.jpg

SHE'S COMING BACK TO LIFE :)

Insurance called and said it wasn't enough damage to total it :)

The bumper, hood, radiator and I forget what it was, but the piece that connects the subframe and bumper are getting replaced. I miss my yata so much ;l

Opgedronken
11-19-2012, 08:41 PM
As long as nothing big is bent too much out of shape this isn't that big a deal, it just looks bad. If the subframe's bent it's a bit of a hassle, but nothing more :P.

Edit: Damn, I always forget to read the last page on this forum :P.

psulja
11-19-2012, 11:37 PM
What'd they say to you when they heard what happened? Or is it one of those things where they don't need to know what really happened?

jef
11-20-2012, 01:02 AM
Oh nothing really, they didn't really seem to care. They just said they are glad I'm okay and asked about what had happened and I told them what happened. Maybe a little white lie here or there, but for the most part was pretty much what I described earlier.

jef
12-11-2012, 08:25 PM
woop woop got everything replaced and it got all repainted, it looks REALLY good :)

the whole front end is new!

i can't believe my car didn't get totalled... $5.6k worth of damage, i only had to pay a $500 deductible.

got pretty lucky here - lesson learned.

psulja
12-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Glad to hear you got it all sorted out! Surprised it wasn't totalled with that much money needed for repairs.

jef
12-12-2012, 02:03 AM
ya, me as well :o thanks!

atank
12-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Thats the hard way to get a paint job! Glad everything worked out.....

jef
12-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Thats the hard way to get a paint job! Glad everything worked out.....

Haha, dude I was thinking the same thing. I mean, I paid $500 for a whole new front end and paint job. Even the windshield and middle console broke from the crash (my friend hit them with no seatbelt) and my insurance rates didn't take a hit from it due to not being in a collision for a certain amount of time. Not a bad deal ;-)

WASABI
12-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Great to hear it all worked out in the end. Now post up some pictures!!!

bedheadben
12-13-2012, 09:46 AM
He should have some tonight if he comes to the meatz!