PDA

View Full Version : Ozello Trail Run 2 - Dec 16th

Spinnywhoosh
11-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Its time for another run of the Ozello trail and I'd love to see some new faces on this one. Our last drive was quite successful in the Ocala National forest.

Here's the thread on our GNVmiatas forum: http://gnvmiatas.net/showthread.php?357-Dec-16th-Ozello-Trail-2&p=1997#post1997

If other clubs are interested we can all meet up at the shell station at the beginning of the trail at 10:00AM. I'm hoping for some interest from our friends in Orlando and I'll be contacting the Ocala Miata Club as well. Maybe see some Tampa crew as well this time?

The final destination will be Peck's Old Port Cove at the end of the Ozello Trail. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pecks-...17475071600867

Peck's Old Port Cove
139 N Ozello Trail, Crystal River FL.
Or another restaurant in the area, NOT OYSTER'S!

I'm really looking forward to doing this run again with some new faces. With all the twists and turns it's a nice change from the usual straight Florida roads. If you haven't ran the trail before I highly suggest you join us, it's a blast!

http://www.kayaktourscrystalriver.com/images/saltriverareial1.jpg

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/ra-content/images/uploads/2011/05/163-89-0.jpg

Mia95
11-28-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm surprised no one has jumped on this on either forums. This is bound to be a nice drive..

minuteman048
11-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Couple of us Gearheads in SW Florida are interested and I posted it on our club forum. Hopefully we will get some interest, but the proximity to the holdidays might be keeping people from commiting.

Spinnywhoosh
11-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Oh very cool! Long ass drive for yall. Do you guys have any events comin up? I'd love to join in on something. I grew up in North Port.

SM16RMSM
11-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Scott, I am very interested in coming out. I will marked it on my calendar. I not sure if I will be able to make it. Having my car painted from a accident.

Thumper13
11-29-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm surprised no one has jumped on this on either forums. This is bound to be a nice drive..

I guess you didn't go with us when we ran the trail about 2 years ago ? ( How could I forget you driving anywhere with us )Manny,F86,Yours Truly,Dan Workman,and a few others met up with some of the locals. It's an OK ride but not worth the time and gas back and forth from O Town and points East.

We did have a good time,I'll bet there is still a poor guy mumbling Miatas Miatas to himself as we blasted over that little bridge. The poor bastard almost jumped in,I'm sure he messed his shorts. Manny and I went just a wee bit over the speed limit to try and get the most out of that run.

maharaj
11-29-2012, 07:37 PM
What is distance of the run?

SM16RMSM
11-29-2012, 07:53 PM
I went just a wee bit over the speed limit

:toomuch:

I can only imaging.

Spinnywhoosh
11-30-2012, 10:41 AM
What is distance of the run?

It's a good 10 Mile run full of twists and turns. Here's some more info: http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/fl_cr494.html

It's know as the "Mini Dragon of FL" or some call it the tail of the gecko.

I guess you didn't go with us when we ran the trail about 2 years ago ? ( How could I forget you driving anywhere with us )Manny,F86,Yours Truly,Dan Workman,and a few others met up with some of the locals. It's an OK ride but not worth the time and gas back and forth from O Town and points East.

2 YEARS ago..?! Man sounds about time for another go. Gotta keep the Miatas as a fresh terror in the eyes of the locals.. ;)

Yeah it's a bit of a drive there. I know it's a good 2 hours for us.. But if you plan out a good route there and if the weather is as amazing as it is now then it should be an incredible day!

Thumper13
11-30-2012, 02:41 PM
It's a good 10 Mile run full of twists and turns. Here's some more info: http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/fl_cr494.html

2 YEARS ago..?! Man sounds about time for another go. Gotta keep the Miatas as a fresh terror in the eyes of the locals.. ;)

Yeah it's a bit of a drive there. I know it's a good 2 hours for us.. But if you plan out a good route there and if the weather is as amazing as it is now then it should be an incredible day!

Considering I've been back and forth twice to The Dragon and twice to The Snake in the last 8 weeks,and now I'm in Punta Gorda to run with the Gearheads a little 2 or 3 hr. trip is nothing. Then again, I want a challenge as a reward once I get there.

Now for anyone who hasn't driven the Ozello Trail,DO SO ! It is the best road Florida has to offer. A pretty neat place to drive to from there is Wiki Watchee. I thought it would be kind of corny but it wasn't too bad. If you make the trip to Ozello and you haven't been to W.W. it is worth the side trip.

Spinnywhoosh
11-30-2012, 04:20 PM
now I'm in Punta Gorda to run with the Gearheads

Damn, where can I find some info on their events/runs?

Thumper13
11-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Damn, where can I find some info on their events/runs?

gearheadsmiataclub.net

Spinnywhoosh
11-30-2012, 04:41 PM
Cool, I've tried registering there before but didn't go through.. Trying again now.

Aaaaaand I'm in. The Dawn Patrol run you're referring to? I do remember this when I lived in Tampa.. Tad bit early for me though.

Thumper13
11-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Cool, I've tried registering there before but didn't go through.. Trying again now.

Aaaaaand I'm in. The Dawn Patrol run you're referring to? I do remember this when I lived in Tampa.. Tad bit early for me though.

When it comes to driving uh,how should I put this ? Oh Yeah ,FAST, there is no such thing as too early ! Come down the night before.

Mia95
12-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Has anyone confirmed for this? Just wondering if its gonna still happen.

Spinnywhoosh
12-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Pshhh, I can confirm this all week long. It's totally goin down! Got quite a bit of interest too :)

Mia95
12-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Hmm.. I'm still up in the air. A group of my friends has decided that 16th might be the best day to get together and go out for a movie--and honestly, being that I don't see them very often, if the times overlap I'm going to go out with them. Hopefully they decide to be normal and go to a nighttime showing of said movie.

Spinnywhoosh
12-09-2012, 01:07 PM
It's all good homie. Do whatcha gotta do. I think last time we did this run I got home around 2. N if you do have more time we could hit up the springs.

SM16RMSM
12-09-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm out. The Miata won't be ready in time. Hopefully next time.

Damn the no insurance driving idiot who hit me.

Thumper13
12-09-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm out. The Miata won't be ready in time. Hopefully next time.

Damn the no insurance driving idiot who hit me.

Don't forget Thumper's Debt remediation and collection services is only a p.m. away. We feature Louisville Sluggers !

SM16RMSM
12-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Don't forget Thumper's Debt remediation and collection services is only a p.m. away. We feature Louisville Sluggers !

I will PM you if needed. Plus, I have my mini Louisville Slugger too. It perfect for packing around. I can hide it in my jacket.

Mia95
12-09-2012, 08:37 PM
By the looks of it, I'll be able to make it as they want to see a night showing--yay! If they change their minds, too bad. They're notorious for flaking last minute so I'm not going to give up a fun Sunday event then find out later they don't want to go anymore. I'll be raging.

Agent☣Orange
12-09-2012, 08:47 PM
I once saw Thumper get his ass kicked by two little Girl Scouts after he tried to make off with their cookies so I wouldn't put too much confidence in his "remediation" service.

SM16RMSM
12-09-2012, 10:10 PM
I once saw Thumper get his ass kicked by two little Girl Scouts after he tried to make off with their cookies so I wouldn't put too much confidence in his "remediation" service.

:toomuch: I take any help I can get at this point. Plus, who would go up against a girl scout? They always have backup.

Thumper13
12-10-2012, 07:27 AM

This coming from Yata who literally tries to get out of tickets ( from male LEOs ) by crying,if that doesn't work he shows off his cleavage. Last seen Yata was thoroughly enjoying the trashing he was getting from his Gay Biker Buddies.

Who doesn't love cookies,at least all I wanted was their cookies,you on the other hand were convicted of "showing your cookies" to the same Girl Scouts. I had no choice but to flee the scene. What you saw was in your imagination,what really happened is those two little girl scouts were kicking you in your cookies. My remediation services kept you off the sexual predator list.

The Driver
12-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Glad to see that Yatta and Thumper are back together! They make such a lovely (gay) couple!

Thumper13
12-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Glad to see that Yatta and Thumper are back together! They make such a lovely (gay) couple!

We never left,it's just that Damned Biker thing. No,I'm not jealous,but they just will not stop hitting on me. Just because one of my close friends ( Yata ) is GAY doesn't mean that I am. Sheesh !

You happen to notice Yata's new picture ? That's the leader of his Gay Biker Gang...........Yadamuthur ! His previous picture was his pimp......Yadabrutha.

The Driver
12-10-2012, 04:14 PM
We never left,it's just that Damned Biker thing. No,I'm not jealous,but they just will not stop hitting on me. Just because one of my close friends ( Yata ) is GAY doesn't mean that I am. Sheesh !

You happen to notice Yata's new picture ? That's the leader of his Gay Biker Gang...........Yadamuthur !

Thump, is never good to deny your true love in public! No worries, we all know how you two feel for each other!!!

Thumper13
12-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Thump, is never good to deny your true love in public! No worries, we all know how you two feel for each other!!!

No doubt.I do love Yata,like a brother,even if he is a little "different"

Spinnywhoosh
12-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Bump for this weekend!!!!!

Spinnywhoosh
12-16-2012, 07:21 AM
Today is the day!!! I'm Rollin out.

Spinnywhoosh
12-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Ozello 2 Review - With Ozello completed and the exciting memories still fresh in my mind I thought I'd look back. I don't think there could have been a more beautiful day for the run, by the time we meet up at the trail it was a good 75 degrees with no overcast. Overall we did 4 runs of the trail back and forth and each time amping up the speed. I can only only imagine the fear and terror we placed in the local fisher when coming around the corners and bridges.

I honestly can't say I've ever driven as hard and fast. With radio maxed Metallica other metal we dominated the turns. On the first run I hear there was a spin out on the hair pin but the driver held it together exceptionally well.

3 runs down we stopped up at Peck's Old Port Cove at the end of the trail. Due to a previous bad experience I didn't have high expectations but I certainly couldn't have been more wrong about the place. The patio and scenery were amazing and such a wide selection of hand-made, hand-breaded seafood. Oh and the Sweet Tea....

After eating we asked the server of local springs and attractions and was recommended to the Rainbow Spring near Dunnellon. So we took some pictures and headed out, doing one last unforgettable run of the trail.

The springs blew us away. I've posted pictures but they just don't do justice of just how blue and clear the water was.

Overall it was a heluva day. Can't wait for the next!

You can view pictures here on our fan page(don't forget to like): http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.507062242661623.123003.464977253536789&type=1

Tem
12-17-2012, 09:58 PM

hah! that goes double for me I havent seen this in a year nice to see you two are still doing the broke back florida routine

also glad ot see there is some actual activity .

Mia95
12-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Mmmm.. Sweet tea.

maharaj
12-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Awesome pics! Let me know when the next run is!

Spinnywhoosh
12-28-2012, 07:23 AM
Awesome pics! Let me know when the next run is!

Will do man! It'd be great to have you along!