PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Grand Am - Mazda Corral Schedule

The Phen
12-04-2012, 09:49 PM
For those of you who don't know me (and that's several here on this forum), my name is Phen, and I'm part of a team of 4 who organize and run Mazda owners Car Corrals at Grand Am races across the country. Each year has gotten bigger and bigger, and I know there are a number of folks from this forum who have been to one of our events. Please see the post below that I copied and pasted from another forum that will remain un-named.

Looks like 2013 is going to be another great season of racing for Mazda owners and race fans. SpeedSource will be debuting a new Mazda with torque, funny Mazda, torque, does not seem quite right. So looking forward to the new GX Class with the new Sky Activ Dual Stage Turbo that will be debuting at the 24 Hours of Daytona, we will have the actual web cast on 24/7 when the unveiling takes place later this year! We have added a few new tracks, lost a few tracks and we will have a combined Grand-Am/ALMS weekend @ Road America. So here is the 2013 schedule:

**Daytona-January 24-27, 2013**
*Circuit of the America’s-March 2, 2013*

*Barber Motorsports-April 6, 2013*
**Road Atlanta-April 19-20, 2012**

**Mid-Ohio-June 14-15, 2013**
*Watkins Glen-6 hour- June 29-30, 2013*

*Indianapolis-July 26, 2013*
**Road America- August 9-11, 2013 w/ ALMS**

*Kansas Speedway-August 17, 2013*
**Mazda Raceway- September 6-8, 2013**

**Lime Rock Park- September 26-28, 2013**
** Confirmed Corrals**

We may host more events it depends on what the other tracks are offering, I can rule out Belle Isle as it was not very fan friendly, since you have limited view of the track and they do not host corrals. Barber is a maybe depending on pricing and interest, the same for Indy, as it is a Friday event and it was a bit pricy and the area was not suitable for our needs. As far as the the two new venues, our team will look at both Texas and Kansas. We will see what type of packaging will be available will be offered to our membership, I am sure we'll be meeting with the tracks representatives at Daytona again. We are already working on pricing for Daytona Package already. So stay tuned for updates for the 2013 Grand-Am season.

3MiataFamily
01-04-2013, 12:38 AM
I will do what I can with the nutmeg Miata club to get folks out to Lime rock Park. tough part is that we will be hosting our hospitality tent and day at the races on labor Day...just 3 weeks prior. I myself will already be at the track all weekend with my boy scout group collecting the returnable cans/bottles..as we have been doing for the past 14 years.

Phatmiata
01-04-2013, 02:11 AM
I'm gonna try to hook up with these guys when they are in Florida!

SM16RMSM
01-04-2013, 02:59 AM
Very neat. I have the Mazda Corral tickets for the 26-27 of the Rolex 24. I will be out there. Also what this dual stage turbo?

The Phen
01-05-2013, 11:03 AM
I will do what I can with the nutmeg Miata club to get folks out to Lime rock Park. tough part is that we will be hosting our hospitality tent and day at the races on labor Day...just 3 weeks prior. I myself will already be at the track all weekend with my boy scout group collecting the returnable cans/bottles..as we have been doing for the past 14 years.

I'm pretty sure I met you at Lime Rock a few years back.