PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Guru's; DK needs you're help

DK Wolf
12-23-2012, 01:15 PM
So I'm out here, and I'm about to pull the trigger on a miata. There's two right now that I'm contemplating, the other is a safe bet but with no awesome parts, but is in loads better condition. The one that I need help with... is this fugly beast.

http://www.o-cross.net/crossimg/car/002857/L/002857-1120911-N0002-00101.jpg
http://www.o-cross.net/crossimg/car/002857/L/002857-1120911-N0002-00201.jpg

Anyway, I need you guys to guess the size of these wheels... these ::admin deleted:: out here won't let me check out the wheels and stuff.
Anyway, anyone want to gander a safe guess as to the specs of these wheels? And would they fit a stock bodied miata? (with pulling/rolling)... I hate these fenders.. I hate this paint... I hate the chrome. But for a turbo'd miata on wats, hard to find a better deal parts wise.

Vegard
12-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Do you know the tire size, that would help to guess the width. My guess is 15x8 0 to +10 ish offset. The flares are jubiride.

Opgedronken
12-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Looking at the lip size I believe they're 15x8 +0 and 15x8.5 -6.

Pics to back this up:

http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/images/product/R1580%20114.JPG

http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/images/product/R1585%20114.JPG

Phatmiata
12-23-2012, 04:25 PM
must be nice to find such crappy cars as this. :roll: looks like 15x8 -0 with possible spacers.

Flares are most likely Jubiride

kassm
12-23-2012, 05:56 PM
WOW I would love to find a Miata that looks like that!!

adam777
12-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Anyway, I need you guys to guess the size of these wheels... these ::admin deleted:: out here won't let me check out the wheels and stuff.

Excellent post.

SM16RMSM
12-23-2012, 08:02 PM
I would take a guess that they are 15x9 with stretch 195 or 205.

I have to agree with you DK, the paint F**k sucks. I wonder if the fender are cut or not?

Phatmiata
12-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Pretty sure those fenders have been cut, what would be the point otherwise?

DK Wolf
12-23-2012, 11:12 PM
I was also suspecting spacers, so that's a huge relief, so odds are these would fit on a stock bodied miata yeah? Or am I dreaming with +0et?

Excellent post.
shut up, no one cares

I would take a guess that they are 15x9 with stretch 195 or 205.

I have to agree with you DK, the paint F**k sucks. I wonder if the fender are cut or not?
Yeah, the paint kills it. If I pick it up, odds are I'll keep the paint and call it the purple dildo.. or find a decent paintshop on island and paint it black.

Thanks a bunch dudes, super huge help. I still got my bronze 6uls that I'll use for the track. so once I pick her up, look forward to a build thread. Gonna be rad.

I<3flippyheadlights
12-24-2012, 01:43 AM
Based off how my wheels look, I have to say that is bigger than a 15x8. I think its a 15x8.5 with a 205 tire stretched.

Y U NO LIKE MERLOT!?

DK Wolf
12-24-2012, 03:24 AM
Not a huge fan of Merlot.. but this isn't Merlot.. it's a ****ing shiny freckle paint job with shiny bits in it to make it ****ing sparkle and ****ing shine some more. **** that.

But I'm pretty sure there's a space in there. I hope there is so i can take these wheels and throw them on my next miata without have to throw on fenders.. because that would suck having to put on fenders.

I<3flippyheadlights
12-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Not a huge fan of Merlot.. but this isn't Merlot.. it's a ****ing shiny freckle paint job with shiny bits in it to make it ****ing sparkle and ****ing shine some more. **** that.

Because Miata :fab:

I don't think there is a spacer, I think they have ****flush going on. It looks to be stock height. Maybe they were tired of rubbing and spent more money? :P

Agent☣Orange
12-24-2012, 11:45 AM
We had the debate about eliminating the word filters a long time ago and the understanding reached between admin and membership was that occasional use of profanity for emphasis was fine but that we wouldn't let this site degenerate into F-bomb central.

It offends our community standards and reflects poorly on the kind of forum we want to proudly present to the public. On a personal note, I feel that if one can't formulate a sentence without gratuitous use of profanity, then there are other forums more accommodating to that (low) level of discourse.

Second, personal lashing of another member is not only in poor taste, it's simply prohibited. We want everyone to feel welcome here, whether it's their first day or they've been here since day one.

As an extension of the golden rule (treat others as you would be treated yourself), it should go without say that racial epithets of any kind defy the core of our standards and will be deleted post haste and the offender shown the door.

Opgedronken
12-24-2012, 12:14 PM
I was also suspecting spacers, so that's a huge relief, so odds are these would fit on a stock bodied miata yeah? Or am I dreaming with +0et?

The fronts will fit with a flat roll/mild pull depending on the tyre. The rears are going to be quite a bit of work, but you can make it fit with a good pull and 195/45 tyres.
I don't know if you've read my post earlier, but those are the sizes of those wheels on the car you posted.
The fronts have the smallest lip available on a 15" R type, making it 15x8 +0.
The rears have a slightly bigger lip, but not as big as the 15x9, that makes them 15x8.5 -6.
I don't think the car they're on has spacers though, it has massive wheel gap, and Jubiride flares are a medium sized flare.