PDA

View Full Version : 93LE Questions!!

Cxmoney
12-24-2012, 01:23 PM
i have a question about LE parts. and i know the chances of the answer being known is extremely low, but i have to know before i make a mistake and make a purchase.

my question is,

Does the 93LE red vinyl from Nakamae match up to the 93LE red vinyl from zoom engineering? and does the vinyl look the same?

I am buying alot of nakamae interior parts soon, but i want to pick up some zoom interior parts like the door pockets and shift/brake boot as well. but i would like everything to match. it would suck to have all these awesome parts, but being different shades as to make the boots or door pockets stand out and look terrible, and vice versa with the nakamae stuff.

does anyone know? or am i going to be the only one to put together nakamae and zoom LE parts together?

thanks!

Phatmiata
12-24-2012, 03:23 PM
ZOOM and Nakamae have identical quality. Most of the red they use is meant to match the R-Limited and R2-Limited cars which is the same interior as the 93LE Stateside

Cxmoney
12-25-2012, 04:27 AM
so if i got the nakamae vinyl door panels and put on the zoom door pockets, it wouldnt look stupid, right? they will match and nothing will look out of place?

Phatmiata
12-27-2012, 08:51 PM
zoom can make the door panels too you know, they do a lot of custom stuff, or just tell them you want it to match. My Nakamae door panels came with the door pockets, is there a different style or something now?

Cxmoney
12-29-2012, 02:59 PM
The nakamae door panels rev9 showed me that was available didnt have pockets. And i looked all over te zoom site, i didnt see and door panels, just the door pockets. Do you have to contac them directly for door panels? Do they speak any english? Lol. Or would i meed to go through rev9/tetsuya garage?

Cxmoney
06-01-2013, 01:29 PM
just going to post this here since I found out the hard way....

Nakamae and Zoom Engineering 93LE reds do NOT match. the zoom red is lighter than the nakamae red. I can take pictures for proof if anyone is interested. so my zoom retro console is probably going to be for sale. =(

Dandy
06-01-2013, 02:03 PM
I have the Zoom door pockets and a Nakamae center console (red carpet) that came with a red leather shift boot and hand brake boot and they seem to match up pretty good. I imagine all of my reds don't match exactly, but everything is close enough for my liking.

Sorry the console didn't work for you.

Cxmoney
06-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Well mine is a bit lighter. Since I am going to run the transmission tunnel trim, the console and the tranny trim is going to be side by side, so it'll be alot easier to tell that they don't match

Dandy
06-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Well mine is a bit lighter. Since I am going to run the transmission tunnel trim, the console and the tranny trim is going to be side by side, so it'll be alot easier to tell that they don't match

ah, I see. My leather peices are smaller and spread out more . . . and of course they are different items. I imagine there are changes in different production runs too.

Phatmiata
06-01-2013, 03:51 PM
just going to post this here since I found out the hard way....

Nakamae and Zoom Engineering 93LE reds do NOT match. the zoom red is lighter than the nakamae red. I can take pictures for proof if anyone is interested. so my zoom retro console is probably going to be for sale. =(

Would be a shame to sell after all that time waiting, money, and trouble to get it, can you recover it somehow?

smac
06-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Yeah just get some leather from Nakamae and have someone recover the Zoom console with.

Cxmoney
06-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Oh I've got plenty of nakamae 93le vinyl, but it's just I paid over $600 for this console, and at that price I would perfer if everything matched instead of putting even more money into it just to have it match. :(