PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Mazda3 Sketches Leaked via European Trademark Office

MRnewsBot
12-28-2012, 11:08 AM
2014 Mazda3 Sketches Leaked via European Trademark Office

http://s1.aecdn.com/images/news/new-mazda3-sketches-leaked-via-european-trademark-office-52277-7.jpg

The European Trademark Office has struck again - we can now show you the design sketches of the 2014 Mazda3, a vehicle that’s scheduled to hit the market next year.

It’s time for Mazda’s compact vehicle to enter the company’s new, more efficient development cycle and this will also bring a sportier design. To be more precise, the Mazda3 will come with a generously-sized front grille that is linked with the headlights, as well as with a aggressive lower air intake.

The technical details of the vehicle are limited at the moment, but it is believed that it will be underpinned by a modified version of the platform used by the Mazda CX-5 and if this will be the case, the car will be significantly lighter than the one it replaces.

The US version of the car should be launched with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder petrol engine delivering 155 hp, but the model we want to meet is the hot hatch, the Mazdaspeed3 (Mazda3 MPS in Europe), but this hasn’t been officially confirmed yet.

source: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/new-mazda3-sketches-leaked-via-european-trademark-office-52277.html

Agent☣Orange
12-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Has a face like a Praying Mantis.

Phatmiata
12-28-2012, 12:34 PM
the back has not changed much. I think I like the current smiley face over this though.

Johnnie
12-29-2012, 09:01 AM
the back has not changed much. I think I like the current smiley face over this though.
Hate to say it, but I have to agree with Phat on this one. I don't know how they would adapt that design language to the ND (as rumored), but all the renderings I have seen are terrible.

Johnnie
12-29-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm sure it's just the design drawing, but how much ground clearance does a 3 need? Mazda already has a crossover SUV.

maharaj
12-29-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm sure it's just the design drawing, but how much ground clearance does a 3 need? Mazda already has a crossover SUV.

Maybe they wanted to make sure it had enough clearance like this beauty:

Phatmiata
12-29-2012, 11:43 AM

I read somewhere else that Mazda was hinting at making a mini SUV, a smaller version of the CX-5 if that is possible? Maybe that is what we are looking at?

Still don't like that front bumper though, looks too common.