PDA

View Full Version : TEIN S-Tech on NA

sss1987
01-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Hey guys...

Those with TEIN stech springs (na) with na shocks and mounts please could you tell me

A) year of miata
B) ride height from center of wheel to arch height
C) shocks

Thanks guys...that's the only info I want

The Driver
01-09-2013, 06:45 PM
OP, I took the liberty of "fixing" the title, so if it ever gets searched, it will be a bit easier to do so.

Good luck on getting an answer!

bedheadben
01-10-2013, 10:48 AM
I can tell you a couple things about these springs, as I've had them on a couple of my cars.

#1. They're terrible. Way too soft, and they set you on your back breaking bump stops. They won't do well on the 405, or the circuit. Best suited for hard parking.

#2. They'll probably be the lowest off the shelf spring you can buy for the stock shocks. Combined with some adjustable perch Koni's (like the yellows) and some NB tophats and you'd be about as low as you could go without coilovers.

Phatmiata
01-10-2013, 12:40 PM
There was also someone selling counterfeit versions where they made them look identical but are just cheap repaint lowering springs from China, even the box and factory stickers look like it came from the TEIN factory. If you decide to buy them make sure you deal with an authorized TEIN dealer.

BoBo
05-03-2013, 03:37 AM
There was also someone selling counterfeit versions where they made them look identical but are just cheap repaint lowering springs from China, even the box and factory stickers look like it came from the TEIN factory. If you decide to buy them make sure you deal with an authorized TEIN dealer.

+1 There are so many fake Teins out there, specially ebay.

I<3flippyheadlights
05-03-2013, 12:13 PM
I have Tein-S or whatever with my Koni's. They are soft. But they were cheap and so were the Koni's. The springs will destroy whatever is left of your shocks and feel like utter shit.

BoBo
05-03-2013, 04:29 PM
I have Tein-S or whatever with my Koni's. They are soft. But they were cheap and so were the Koni's. The springs will destroy whatever is left of your shocks and feel like utter shit.

+ 1 My mr2 came with tein s and blew my shocks, way too low and not enough spring rate. Racingbeat is the same thing. FM springs is the way to go.