PDA

View Full Version : Reputation Bar

Phatmiata
12-24-2011, 12:57 AM
Users start with a reputation of 1. Which essentially means they have no rep. ANY user can add to another user's reputation. So, if you like a post, or member, you can add some rep for it (there's a little star link in the footer of each post). Users have rep power of 1 by default, and that increases over time (so after a year, it might be 2), mods have a rep power of 10. And there are restrictions on how much rep a user can give. (they can only give out so much per day, I think... and they can only give to the same user once per day) And, rep is lost if a user gets banned or gets an infraction. (negative rep is possible)

You can read more about it here:
https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/reputation

And Rep is displayed below the user's name in every post as a string of green bars. (you wondered what that was, didn't you?) With each rep added, the giver can leave a comment. Recent comments appear in the user's profile.

Have fun, earn some internet street cred \(^_^)/ here on MazdaRoadster.net

MazRoadAdmin
01-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Discuss here: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?164-Reputation-Bar

Phatmiata
03-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Not too many folks are using this "REP" system, so we will be canning this system and bringing in something else in. There may be some downtime while we set this new system into place but we will try to make it late at night when most of you guys are sleeping. More to come once the new setup is in place.

WASABI
03-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Interesting, I have tried to use it as much as possible, when I read a post I really enjoy, however, the way it is set up, I keep getting a box that tells me I can't leave any rep to this user/or need to spread it out more, or something. I am not quite sure how it works currently, but I have been unable to use it as much as I want, because of this.

Can you get positive points for stuff you do on the forum? Like a point for every 100 posts, make an pic album in your profile, make a build thread, attend a club event, sell something in the classified section, write a DIY thread, or enter your car in the MOTM. Just throwing out ideas.

-Cheers,

Jim

Phatmiata
03-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Something much better is coming. :domo: or should i say here now? Look at your post count and read what is just under it. :fab: