PDA

View Full Version : Disable alarm system and battery charging...

mmsguy
01-17-2013, 06:18 AM
My 2007 mx5 was not used while I was away on vacation. Came home , tried to start,ignition switch would not turn at all. Checked battery, had a loose battery clamp on the neg. post. Attached my charger and set off the security alarm, disconnected battery cables and reconnected battery charger, overnight charge and the battery tested "good" with my loadtester. Attempted to reattach battery cables and alarm starts "howling" again. Removed battery cables , tested Battery again, tests good. second attempt to reattach battery cables....ALARM howls..
Any ideas to make this problem go away?
Best regards, Daniel

Agent☣Orange
01-17-2013, 07:39 AM
Just have the key fob in your hand when doing battery work and hit the unlock button once the alarm sounds. Also, you don't need to disconnect the battery cables just to charge. The alarm will always sound when the battery is reconnected.

mmsguy
01-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Tried as per your directions...still have the same problem. Try to reconnect the battery after charging,alarm sounds and doesn't respond to either key card "unlock" button. Open to any other ideas. I think the alarm system is after market installed by dealer ( ? )

kung fu jesus
01-19-2013, 06:33 PM
put the key in the ignition and try to fire it up. the chip in the key and the ECU should reconnect.

mmsguy
01-20-2013, 10:58 PM
THANK YOU both for your help, it worked !! Which suggestion , I'm not sure , I just know I tried both @ a time and" Bingo" the alarm & flashing lights stopped and I got my MX5 back with my sanity. Oh , one other thing ,I think I may change the batteries in the key too, just in case of a weak signal.
Best regards & again I couldn't have done without your help!
Daniel