PDA

View Full Version : Answered Red LE interior

Cxmoney
01-26-2013, 11:56 PM
Thinking about possibly going back to black interior... Just seems so much cheaper to maintain and can be easily color matched at a good price, plus i cant find any decent LE carpets anywhere, and the last brand new one available was sold recently, so theres no hope!!

It is basically a complete interior, but for being 20 years old, nothing is perfect. Seatbelt towers have been cut for a roll bar, carpet has some wear, floormats in poor condition, etc. What is the average going for an average LE interior?

Just a thought though. Probably wont happen, but the idea is there, unless i can find someone that is willing to let go of some good condition carpet and some other good condition LE parts...

Dmn2258
01-27-2013, 09:02 AM
i'd say at least $1000. you can find some shitty LE carpet and just re-dye it.

Cxmoney
01-27-2013, 12:24 PM
well the carpet is worn, not just faded. thats the only problem.

i wish i could see someone who has dyed tan to red. ifs thats possible, than that would be a million times easier. butit seems nobody has done that at all.

jux
01-27-2013, 01:05 PM
I've seen complete interiors go for $800-1500(US) from some reputable recyclers. That'll usually include bolster wear and a little fading of parts at the lower end.
Stealth97 did some retinting of his LE carpet with SEM Firethorn paint. Having used the stuff a bit myself, I think it might work on tan carpet with some patience.

morr
01-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Whenever the weather warms, I'm gonna try dying my tan floor mats. I'll be sure to post the results, good or bad.

Stealth97
01-27-2013, 06:23 PM
I've seen complete interiors go for $800-1500(US) from some reputable recyclers. That'll usually include bolster wear and a little fading of parts at the lower end.
Stealth97 did some retinting of his LE carpet with SEM Firethorn paint. Having used the stuff a bit myself, I think it might work on tan carpet with some patience.

Yep, the SEM firethorn red is a close match. The thing is about these 20 year old interiors is you will either spend a nice chunk of change and deal with some wear, or spend a shit ton if money, possibly both.

Over the last few years I've thought of selling mine as well and go with a 100% custom minimalist black interior, but I don't have the time anymore and the LE stuff is just too hard to find to let go, IMO

Dmn2258
01-27-2013, 11:27 PM
also RIT cherry red dye matches very well