PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Driven Warrior - A MSM Build Thread

SM16RMSM
03-17-2013, 03:30 PM
So I figure it was time to start a build thread, the Daily Driven Warrior

First off, a little bit for history about myself:

I’ve been racing since I was 11 years old. I started out in Quarter Midgets and won many races in my short period of racing. I’m a track record holder at two tracks and my name is set in stone since those tracks are no longer around. I’m the 2003 Tangerine International winner, number one qualifier, and track record holder. I’m the 2004 Tampa Bay track champion and 2005 Florida State champion in both of my divisions. In 2006, I won my second Tangerine International, qualified number one, and track record holder at the second track. I hold a lot of track experience. I also have a lot to learn too.

I also raced Legends. That lasted 6 races before I decided that it was too much. Legends were too much of a cluster fuck. I was used for brakes since the car behind me had none. There where too many issues with Legends. I now race SCCA Spec Miata. I’m also looking into racing NSAS Spec Miata since it slightly cheaper and less Miatas to race against. I’m attending Valencia College and going after a Civil Engineering degree.

My Miata history:

My first Miata was a 93 NA White and I had it about two years before crashing it. I bought it as the third owner and did very little in mods. I bought a new soft top, replaced the radio and speakers, and bought some cheap rims for 400 bucks with tires. They where nice and kinda big on a NA. I liked how it looked. Just after getting out of high school, I ended up rear ended someone. I scratched the paint of a Ford Taurus and bent the rails in my Miata. I parked it and sold it later. (I have one picture of it. I have to find it later)

My next Miata was my father’s 97 NA M Edition Green. I drove it for almost two years. The only thing I done to it was installed Eibach springs and oil changes. The first time the car was damaged was when my father decided to back over the fender and hood. Only the fender was damaged. Never fixed it. March of 2011, I was rear ended and the poor Miata was totaled. I bought the car back for $400 bucks, and sold it as is to our local SCCA pace car driver. Best part is that it has a clean title. The insurance company never filed any of the paperwork. It is now a daily driver and a weekend warrior. (No pictures of the M-Edition)

In April of 2011, I found the Miata I always wanted since I started getting into the Miata and SCCA Spec Miata, a 2004 Mazda MX-5 Mazdaspeed Edition. It was listed on Craigslist by a dealership. I went down with insurance money to take a look at it. When I got to the dealership, it was sold an hour before I got there. This was the same dealership my parents bought my mother’s 2010 Mazdaspeed 3. So about a week later, the dealership called me and asked me if I was still interested in the MSM. I was told the finance company decided that they won’t finance the MSM (guy had bad credit) and back at the dealership. “Victor, go hide the MSM behind the building. I’m on my way.”

My father and I went to look at this MSM. When I got there, it was love at first sight. The Velocity Red paint job, the MSM front lip, and the MSM deck wing. It was perfect. So I sat down and I talked out my options. It was going to be financed for 5 years, with $6000 down, and I was going to have a co-signer. I walked out of the Sport Mazda with a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata with 16,5xx miles for $16,9xx price tag. My monthly car payment is $216.05. It not bad for a 20 year old kid. And I haven’t missed a payment yet (nock on wood).

This picture was taken at Daytona Intl Speedway during one of my SCCA Enduro events

I owed the MSM for about a year before doing some small changes. My first upgrade was NKG plugs and Magnecor wires. The second mod was 5000K HID headlights from DDM Tuning. They where drop ship straight out of China to my front door. Didn’t think it was going to take two weeks to get. I got them installed but ran into an issue with installing the driver side. I have no room for the ballast so I ended up pulling the front bumper off my car and headlight to mount the ballast out of the way. I drove around for a few days with no bumper cover before putting it back on. :mrgreen:

SM16RMSM
03-17-2013, 03:47 PM
Then the thing that everyone hates, I was rear ended in November. With the MSM was in the paint and body shop, I drove down to Port Charlotte FL to see YellowYata to buy some goodies off of him since he selling his NB. I bought his Chaser Aero CF Hood, his Boss Frog Double Hoop Maxx roll bar with Boss Frog door bars. I even bought a radio, ARW motor mounts, LED 3rd brake light, two radiators (one stock and one aluminum), a Nardi steering wheel (don’t know which steering wheel I got, can’t remember), and a bunch of other stuff. With my car being in the body shop, I had the roll bar and door bars installed along with the hood. Everything was painted and I got the car finished early February 2013.

This is some of the work my body shop does.

SM16RMSM
03-17-2013, 03:50 PM
These are some of the pictures of the MSM being repainted.

bigx5murf
03-17-2013, 03:52 PM
What do you think of the awr mounts? Too stiff for street?

SM16RMSM
03-17-2013, 04:09 PM
This picture is the latest picture I have of the Miata being back on the road. I now focusing on air intake, suspension, and a wheel/tire package. I hopefully will run my first Autocross event by June.

For what I want to do, I just want a fun reliable car to go out and have fun. Either drag racing at the local drag strip, running track events and autocross, or maybe even trying out a drift event. I want to expand my driving little by little. Spec Miata racing for a college student is very hard when you pay for your car, insurance, school, and racing all out of the same pocket. I want to build the motor up to handle more boost. I want to have usable boost, not peak HP and TQ number. I would like to see a usable 300 to 400 WHP for a daily driven Miata. That is the goal I set as of right now. I’m looking for better alternative to driving.

Current Mod list as of March 2013
New paint job, same color, Velocity Red
NB OEM small side skirts
Miataroadtser short shifter kit w/ extender
LED 3rd brake light
Boss Frog Double Hoop Max
Boss Frog door bars
Custom made Floor Mats
Chaser Aero CF extractor hood
DDM Tuning 5000K HID lights
NoPro washer bottle
GarageStar wiper cowl panel
Mobile 1 5w-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
Ford Motorcraft Full Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid

There are a few items I have but not installed as of yet.
ARW Motor Mounts
Eclipse Air vents
Nardi steering wheel and hub adapter
Aluminum radiator
Kenwood Stereo
Speakers

As for the little odd stuff, I also own a 1969 Chevy Camaro SS. It has a 406 Small Block. It’s a built motor and putting around 500 WHP to the ground (I assuming since I never had it dyno, going by what my father knows). I don’t remember the specs on the motor. My father knows more on V8 GM motors than I do. On slicks, it will pull the front tires about 4-7 inches off the ground. My oil pan is scratched and a crushed a header already.

SM16RMSM
03-17-2013, 04:13 PM
What do you think of the awr mounts? Too stiff for street?

I don't have them installed yet. I have a complete clutch and flywheel that I will install soon and I will install the motor mounts then. At 45,xxx miles, I figure the clutch is soon at its End of Life. I was told that they are the 70 durometer bushing so it shouldn't be too bad. I want to limit the amount of the movement of the drive train and I figure these will be better than the factory Mazdaspeed mounts. Diff mounts are to follow when I change the rear gear to either a 3.9 or 3.636.

wannafbody
03-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Nice Camaro

SM16RMSM
03-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Why thank you. I have a lot invested so far.

Oh, why I just thought about this. My family used to own their own parts chain called Automotive One back in the day. We officially close the business in 1999. We had 39 stores located across Central Florida, a central warehouse, a machine shop, heavy duty truck parts stores (big truck stuff), a auto repair store, AND a high performance speed shop. Automotive One Speed Parts was opened all the way til 2009 when my dad decided that the economy became too bad to have a speed shop. Plus there where @ssh*le customers too wanting us to warranty stuff they didn't buy from us. My dad owned the speed shop since 1993 and my grandfather had the part stores. We where the guys who everyone came to buy parts from. I started working for the speed shop in 2005. I know some stuff but I not all that great with engines. I now sell automotive heating and cooling. I sell everything from Radiator and A/C for any vehicle.

afc2112
03-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Nice Camaro!

And 300hp should be more than enough for a daily MSM.

SM16RMSM
03-18-2013, 02:50 PM
300hp sound right. It not overkill and too much stress on the engine or components.

bigx5murf
03-18-2013, 03:14 PM
I don't have them installed yet. I have a complete clutch and flywheel that I will install soon and I will install the motor mounts then. At 45,xxx miles, I figure the clutch is soon at its End of Life. I was told that they are the 70 durometer bushing so it shouldn't be too bad. I want to limit the amount of the movement of the drive train and I figure these will be better than the factory Mazdaspeed mounts. Diff mounts are to follow when I change the rear gear to either a 3.9 or 3.636.

The stock MSM clutch is pretty robust actually, and unless you can feel it slipping already, I doubt it's near EOL at 45k. I've heard of these things lasting past 80k with daily driving + autox.

There's 3 types of motor mounts from mazda. The regular miata ones (soft), the mazdaspeed ones (harder, came on MSM), and the mazda competition ones (hardest, from mazdaspeed catalog only, claimed 40% stiffer than regular). Thing about the awr is, it replaced the entire assembly, and uses a much smaller poly bushing, which means it's a lot stiffer than the 70 duro rating implies (mazda comp mounts are 75 duro). I like how the awr mounts just straight up look bomb proof. But I've read the vibrations being so bad they back out random bolts throughout the car.

I have the ES diff bushings, I loved them. I've currently got a set of 3.63 gears on the way, I thought about saving money and going 3.9 for the longest, but gaining 2-3mph per gear, just really wasn't worth the effort imo.

SM16RMSM
03-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Don't tell me I am stuck with the stock clutch for that long. I have a Fidanza flywheel I want to install. I didn't know the MSM came with it very own motor mounts. From what I understand, there is a break in period for the AWR mounts. They feel stiffer than 70 duro (like 90 range) but will loosen up over time, something like 10k in milage. I like a solid feeling car. If I wanting my Miata to drive like a Cadillac, I would have bought a Cadillac. Plus the ARW mounts look like they where nuclear tested before shipping and I got them brand new for half the price. I can't complain.

I was thinking the ES bushing all the way around. As for gears, I can't find a 3.63 for a reasonable price. There is a 3.9 set locally for 300 bucks. If I could find a 3.63 gear then I would have bought it already. I just can't find a set. I found one set back in Jan but for 500 and the guy won't move off the price. It was on CL.

bigx5murf
03-19-2013, 01:06 PM
yup, MSM came with their own mounts, which are almost identical to the other 2 in looks, but stiffness is somewhere between the regular and the mazda competition.

Anyway, You've got PM regarding the r&p

HELLIONMX5
05-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Saw your car at miatapalooza. Very nice. Don't know if I met u though. In to follow

atank
05-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Very Cool Roadster!

SM16RMSM
07-13-2013, 08:31 AM
SO, I have a new toy coming for my car in about 2 weeks. It is a custom made MAF relocation kit with BOV from Joe over on M-S.com. I just can't wait to get it. I could buy FM intake kit for 500+shipping but I got Joe's kit for $330 shipped. :frantic:

Bummer
07-13-2013, 02:20 PM
Car is looking nice. You still planning to come to Boone?

SM16RMSM
07-14-2013, 11:24 AM
That still the plan. I getting ready to get back into my classes so I hoping I can pick my classes around that date too.

Tungsten6
07-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Lets see your new addition! :D

Hyper
08-22-2013, 08:41 PM
SO, I have a new toy coming for my car in about 2 weeks. It is a custom made MAF relocation kit with BOV from Joe over on M-S.com. I just can't wait to get it. I could buy FM intake kit for 500+shipping but I got Joe's kit for $330 shipped. :frantic:

cool ride show me a website link to Joe's MAF relocation kit

ozbrock
08-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Here are my observations of Joe's kit vs. an FM intake...
http://www.mazda-speed.com/forum2/index.php/topic,28099.msg304812.html#msg304812

Here is a link to his info on purchasing the kit...
http://www.mazda-speed.com/forum2/index.php/topic,27476.0.html

Hyper
08-22-2013, 10:12 PM
Here are my observations of Joe's kit vs. an FM intake...
http://www.mazda-speed.com/forum2/index.php/topic,28099.msg304812.html#msg304812

Here is a link to his info on purchasing the kit...
http://www.mazda-speed.com/forum2/index.php/topic,27476.0.html

thanks, can i see a pic as to where the MAF is relocated? the pic in Joe's Maft kit link is unclear and doesn't show much

ozbrock
08-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Here are his install instructions...
http://www.mazda-speed.com/forum2/index.php/topic,27661.msg298989.html#msg298989

You can see the top of the MAF in this pic, its mounted right after the TB elbow turns down.
http://www.mazda-speed.com/albums/random/Good_TB_Pic.jpg

SM16RMSM
08-23-2013, 02:13 AM
I just got the kit install. Just now going to bed. I'm have an issue with there no power (HP) around the 5000 rpm mark. I've got to figure that out. It won't even go to the limiter in fourth. Really is bugging me.

Agent☣Orange
08-23-2013, 03:59 AM
Interesting stuff Rob. Keep the updates coming please.

SM16RMSM
08-23-2013, 03:03 PM
While talking with Joe, we come to the conclusion that somewhere in the system between the turbo and MAF, there is a major leak and that might be causing the clocking feeling.

Hyper
08-23-2013, 07:37 PM
I did the same modification to my car a long time ago except the BOV is right before the MAF sensor. you can see pictures in my build page. Where can I get the TB pipe? Is it made by BEGII??? t is awesome

ozbrock
08-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Contact Joe over on the mazdaspeed forum, he can custom make you any piece of the kit.

SM16RMSM
09-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Can someone say race car?

http://youtu.be/3ODnG_obcwY

Hyper
09-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Can someone say race car?

http://youtu.be/3ODnG_obcwY

car sounds sweet dude, get rid of the long ass exhaust, leave it like that. it sounds awesome.

SM16RMSM
09-06-2013, 09:30 PM
I'm temped in just having a turn down after the downpipe connection. But I stayed late tonight so I could beat the hell of of the catalytic converter. High powered LED light and you can't see through the cat. It also has two cat cores. Best way to explain is comparing it to an Oreo cookie. The cookie itself is the two catalytic cores. The cream filling is the o2 sensor. No wonder this car makes no power, Mazda put two catalytic converter in one pipe. How messed up is that?

Hyper
09-07-2013, 12:05 AM
I'm temped in just having a turn down after the downpipe connection. But I stayed late tonight so I could beat the hell of of the catalytic converter. High powered LED light and you can't see through the cat. It also has two cat cores. Best way to explain is comparing it to an Oreo cookie. The cookie itself is the two catalytic cores. The cream filling is the o2 sensor. No wonder this car makes no power, Mazda put two catalytic converter in one pipe. How messed up is that?

completely understand, you live in florida so get rid of the cat and just run a straight pipe with a muffler dude the car will return the favor with power and boost. . . . .love.....

SM16RMSM
09-07-2013, 06:57 AM
completely understand, you live in florida so get rid of the cat and just run a straight pipe with a muffler dude the car will return the favor with power and boost. . . . .love.....

I so wish I could with this IHI turbo. The IHI turbo is well known for boost creep since the wastegate is too small. I need to run a external wastegate but with the MSM being the only vehicle I have, I don't have time to have an shop fab up a pipe and such.

Hyper
09-07-2013, 09:26 AM
I so wish I could with this IHI turbo. The IHI turbo is well known for boost creep since the wastegate is too small. I need to run a external wastegate but with the MSM being the only vehicle I have, I don't have time to have an shop fab up a pipe and such.

What are your plans? with your car? upgrade to 2560 or 2863??

SM16RMSM
09-07-2013, 10:42 AM
What are your plans? with your car? upgrade to 2560 or 2863??

Title says all. I want a daily driver with working radio and working air conditioning that can be a fun weekend car. I can't afford to race SCCA anymore. It just too expensive. So the idea behind the whole setup is something that can do HPDE and autocross events. I want to end up with a built motor in the end but I want to finish paying the car off first. Final stage where be around 400-500 wHP hopefully. But for now, before the engine build and big turbo setup, I thinking something like a GT2554R or GT 2560R for running on stock internals. I'll be happy to be somewhere around 220-250 range til I can get a second DD and put the time into building it right. I want to replace the thin wall rails with a heavier gauge rail, instead of putting aftermarket frame rails on for chassis stiffening, maybe do a tubular front subframe, tubular control arms, etc. I want it to stand out and be something neat, something that can put the numbers down while still having air conditioning and full interior.

Tungsten6
09-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Those wheels look dope! ;)

SM16RMSM
09-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Well, they haven't seen the sun in a week. But I working on getting it back on the road and a good wash&wax is next. I need to find some good spots for a photo shoot.

SM16RMSM
10-01-2013, 05:04 PM
So I have a little update and I wanted to share my newest news with my Mazdaspeed. But first,

I was involved in a hit and run today on my way to class.

Damage kinda bad. Rear bumper, rear quarter panel, left taillight, and more damage to structure underneath. Kinda upset at the moment. The dude was driving like an idiot and traffic stopped and he didn't. Then he took off and I lost him through heavy traffic. Called 911 after I pulled over and had a report filled out. I didn't get the tag number. Too much traffic and I could not get a clear view of his plates.

Dandy
10-01-2013, 07:02 PM
That sucks man. I hope it works out for you. One day it will be behind you and you're going to have a high speed pursuit story to be able to look back at and laugh about. :slayer:

Phatmiata
10-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Draw a ninja turtle head there?

http://cdn.twentytwowords.com/wp-content/uploads/Ninja-Turtle-Dent.jpg

SM16RMSM
10-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Good news, got a rare JDM part in the Mail so I'll have it installed soon while the MSM is in the body shop. More to come.

Phat, that not a bad idea. But the structure damage is what hurting me. The rear quarter panel is pulled down the the truck don't line up like the other side. So it gotta be fixed.

cbaylis77
10-03-2013, 12:23 AM
Isn't this your second accident? That's one thing I don't miss about Orlando. Too many stupid drivers and tourists that don't know where they're going.

Tungsten6
10-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Looks like you're roasting up my old neogens pretty good! :D

ozbrock
10-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Sad to see this... :(

SM16RMSM
10-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Looks like you're roasting up my old neogens pretty good! :D

They are barely broken in. Got plenty to go.

SM16RMSM
10-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Isn't this your second accident? That's one thing I don't miss about Orlando. Too many stupid drivers and tourists that don't know where they're going.

Yes, second one. Really does suck. I was traveling in the center lane on SR 50. There was this white suv driving like an idiot. He was stuck in the slower left lane and the light change to red. As we where coming to a stop, my lane was moving faster but it quickly changed and my lane was slow. I think he decided to cut across behind me to get into the right lane since there wasn't many cars. Well, my lane stop more quickly and he ran straight into my rear. He wasn't paying attention. I got behind him to get his plate number but he ran from me. He was cutting down turning lanes and cutting car off. I did what I could but lost site of him. Traffic was just too heavy to follow and didn't need to cause another accident. Took OPD 1.5 hours to respond to my 911 call. Right after my call, I seen a ton of police but they where all busy looking for some guy who stole from the Target behind me. Needless to say, this guy got away and my insurance is going to have me. I have a police report so I going to try and get the car in the shop next week. This also gives me an excuses to drive the Buick Grand National that my family just got. Turbo V6 anyone?

SM16RMSM
02-12-2014, 01:42 AM
Slight updates to my car build. Since the second accident, the rear end has been repaired once again. While in the repair shop, I added something new. I've got myself a Mazdaspeed Wing for the NB. I found a new wing but got screwed on it and I found this one for less, $450 to be exact so I'm happy. It was also painted the same color as the car so I can't really complain. The bottom needed to be fixed and I painted the base flat black to appear to the black out badges. I've got a few pictures to put up so here they are.

P.S. This will start a turn soon to become a race car / daily duty driver.

Thanks to Mini_FD for these pictures. We went out a few weeks ago and got some great pictures.

HELLIONMX5
04-21-2014, 11:01 AM
if when you do upgrade to a bigger turbo wastegate. can you run no downpipe?

SM16RMSM
04-21-2014, 01:13 PM
A downpipe is basically a header for the turbo. No downpipe would be fun but the exhaust heat would start melting stuff very quickly. On a second note, you can run a open downpipe with a turndown just after the transmission and have an extremely loud and fun car. I've done it when I was testing my no boost issue. It's basically tube off the turbo that goes back past the tranny and has a turn down at 45 to 60 degrees.

I have a video I can post. I've taken the mid pipe out with the cat to see if the turbo would start making boost only to find I had a bad catalytic converter.

I was jelly when I drove it around but the heat in the floor board starting to worry me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ODnG_obcwY

HELLIONMX5
04-21-2014, 01:29 PM
Yeah thats why I asked. Just went through the thread. Sounds BEAUTIFUL.

1. I would say some better insulation would work wonders.

2. So you had a turn down pipe point down after your tranny? But you removed it because of the heat issue correct?

3. Would a rear diffuser help that issue? Extract heat nd air from underneath the car?

SM16RMSM
04-22-2014, 05:53 AM
1. ceramic coating would help but only so much. Best would be to have the heat dump out the back past the diff somewhere. In Spec Miata, we run a pipe back into a round muffler and then have a turndown after the differential.

2. What I did was only temp. I was diagnosing why I wasn't making any boost. I installed Joes MAF relocation air intake only to run into this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OhtYTdwhmY

The motor wouldn't rev past 5k and I had the peddle on the floor. After installing a boost gauge, I was 0 psi at WOT. NO boost. So I started to diagnostic why I have no boost.

Reading multiple forums including a WRX owners forum, I found that a blocked catalytic converter could cause no boost in a turbo car and the effect is greater then a naturally aspired engine. So starting with square one, I replaced and checked everything and then decided to check the catalytic converter. On the NB, the catalytic converter is part of the midpipe section so five bolts will remove it. There are three that connect it to the downpipe and two at the axle-back muffle section.

One a had the midpipe off, that video is what my MSM sounded like. It sounded very good and loud. I liked it the the aim of the exhaust gases are aimed right at the driver floor board area so it gets very hot quickly. After taking the midpipe off and drive it around the block, u was making 7-8 psi of boost at WOT so I concludes that I had a very blocked up catalytic converter. I knocked the core of the converter out and reinstalled the midpipe and I have 7-8 psi of boost still.

The exhaust as of right now is all stock except its missing the catalytic core. No CEL too.

3. I'm not sure. From my understanding, a rear diffuser only smooths the air coming from underneath and helps reduce drag. The air gets turbulent and can increase the drag on the chassis. It possible could help but I'm in the dark about what is can and can't do. Maybe someone with more brains can chime in on this part since I'm not all well informed on the subject. On a side note, the heat from the exhaust in the rear would be trap and could also create issues. I see a lot of Civics with holes cut in the rear bumper to help reduce the drag. That could possibly work on the Miata but it's too much rice looking for me. I couldn't do that.

SM16RMSM
07-07-2014, 10:29 PM
:cry2: So busy with work that I missed an important stepping stone for the MSM. 61K miles and counting. So far I haven't blown the motor up which could be a good thing (or a really bad thing since I can't just upgrade everything).

But onto some good news, nothing has happen. Been lurking around for some stuff and roaming the net for answers to the universe of the Miatas but I haven't found the exact answer I'm looking for.

Ideas are what I'm playing with and I'm basically gone out in left field already. ITB setup mounted of a LS6 block mated to a T56 or built BP block with GTX 3071R mated to either a Richmond Gearbox or Jerico to handle the power. Ohh the irony.

mini_fd
07-08-2014, 07:38 AM
You need to free yourself up a bit and come out to autocross. Sorry about canceling on you the other day. I might be in town this weekend for autocross. I also have Wednesday and Thursday off. Hmu

mini_fd
07-10-2014, 01:41 AM
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5581/14431363268_ed90442a57_c.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/63839450@N02/14431363268/)
DSC00617 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/63839450@N02/14431363268/) by rocketeerbandit (https://www.flickr.com/people/63839450@N02/), on Flickr

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3920/14431581597_2130ce19ef_c.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/63839450@N02/14431581597/)
DSC00621 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/63839450@N02/14431581597/) by rocketeerbandit (https://www.flickr.com/people/63839450@N02/), on Flickr

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5540/14431378699_47c458b9d7_c.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/63839450@N02/14431378699/)
DSC00622 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/63839450@N02/14431378699/) by rocketeerbandit (https://www.flickr.com/people/63839450@N02/), on Flickr

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5553/14614757531_c49cd4112a_c.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/63839450@N02/14614757531/)
DSC00641 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/63839450@N02/14614757531/) by rocketeerbandit (https://www.flickr.com/people/63839450@N02/), on Flickr

HELLIONMX5
07-10-2014, 02:42 AM
2nd pic is the best

mini_fd
07-10-2014, 08:24 AM
It was hard with no tripod. Still figuring out night shooting with this camera as well. All the pictures were meh

mini_fd
07-10-2014, 04:25 PM
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5472/14436306679_8ce3222230_c.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/63839450@N02/14436306679/)
DSC00669 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/63839450@N02/14436306679/) by rocketeerbandit (https://www.flickr.com/people/63839450@N02/), on Flickr

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5520/14436303569_ec347366c6_c.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/63839450@N02/14436303569/)
DSC00672 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/63839450@N02/14436303569/) by rocketeerbandit (https://www.flickr.com/people/63839450@N02/), on Flickr

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5572/14436499107_813a140e63_c.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/63839450@N02/14436499107/)
DSC00677 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/63839450@N02/14436499107/) by rocketeerbandit (https://www.flickr.com/people/63839450@N02/), on Flickr

Hyper
07-10-2014, 06:43 PM
:cry2:
Ideas are what I'm playing with and I'm basically gone out in left field already. ITB setup mounted of a LS6 block mated to a T56 or built BP block with GTX 3071R mated to either a Richmond Gearbox or Jerico to handle the power. Ohh the irony.

the last option is probably best with the TK500 transmission, that's why I would go for if I were you.

SM16RMSM
08-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Wanted to update the thread. I've got myself a new toy. Turbo and fast. More info to come. Lets just say the MSM just been dethrone from mods for now.

HELLIONMX5
08-25-2014, 11:32 PM
Uh huh. And theeeeen

atank
08-26-2014, 05:25 AM
Wanted to update the thread. I've got myself a new toy. Turbo and fast. More info to come. Lets just say the MSM just been dethrone from mods for now.

Can't wait to see pics............:whistle:

Hyper
08-26-2014, 12:48 PM
I read your entire thread, one small request, can i get a better pic of the LED third brake light? i just painted my car and I am considering purchasing one, thanks.

SM16RMSM
08-27-2014, 07:10 PM
Give me til tomorrow and I'll send a pic your way. It just clear with reflective silver. Lights up red when on. Kinda bright too. Fills up red when on. Not the typical cheap way LED reflects.

Hyper
08-27-2014, 07:14 PM
I was thinking on buying one of those LEDs and putting red film on top of it to make it look oem.

SM16RMSM
08-27-2014, 07:15 PM
I was going to smoke mine but never got around.