PDA

View Full Version : Stolen hardtop! (recovered)

mazdakid
03-23-2013, 01:16 PM
URGENT!!! My white hardtop was stolen last night in LA sometime after 3am. Please keep an eye out for any white hardtops for sale. It's tinted and it has scratches on the passender underside from my rollbar. T_T No defroster, no headliner.

Pass the word around, please.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/298665_2622004871820_1719849695_n.jpg

DK Wolf
03-30-2013, 07:58 AM
Fuck dude.. insure that shit.

If I ever had anything stolen and I had full insurance, I wouldn't even care.

Demon I Am
03-30-2013, 08:13 AM
Even with 0 points, full coverage on a 23 year old car is most likely going to cost more per year than the book value or payout value. Even more if you add Modified insurance.

ZQQMIN
03-30-2013, 08:18 AM
whether insured or not, if i were to catch it in the hands of someone else........ consequences and repercussions must happen ! hope it shows back up , or at teh very least the Miata community will be on alert and stick together to help anutha brutha out !!!!!

DK Wolf
03-30-2013, 08:21 AM
Whaat?

I got my Porsche, and Miata fully covered for 140 bucks a month... and thats at 20 years old, with tickets up the ying yang. If you declare the value of the top at ~1k, and you can provide enough evidence for that. Then it's value is increased by that much. Insurance for something that for anyone over 24 years old would be something stupid like 50 bucks a month.

Would you rather have to deal with the headache of going cheapo on your insurance when it'll only cost you a hundred bucks or two extra per year than having to shell out a grand for your car, and worry about parts being stolen?

Literally zero downside to getting full coverage. And if your car gets a "salvage" title from any shit being stolen, you can get it a clean title again for an inspection.... which would STILL be cheaper than buying a new top.

DK Wolf
03-30-2013, 08:21 AM
whether insured or not, if i were to catch it in the hands of someone else........ consequences and repercussions must happen ! hope it shows back up , or at teh very least the Miata community will be on alert and stick together to help anutha brutha out !!!!!
It's a chick

Agent☣Orange
03-30-2013, 09:40 PM
Okay, it's a female member and insurance should this and that. Everyone just keep your eyes out for some MF selling her stolen HT on craigslist please.

fwdtamiya
03-31-2013, 05:24 PM
She already got it back and a theif or thieves were thrown in the slammer

DK Wolf
03-31-2013, 05:31 PM

Wow, seriously? You never hear about these things working out.

Still, tell her to get full coverage to avoid any future heartache.

bigx5murf
03-31-2013, 06:50 PM

that rare occasion when the law works... Still I wouldn't be surprised if something like this happens a few months from now.

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=429641

Anyone know what ever happened to that hellaflush cali girl who got her custom wheels stolen, found them on some honda, yet couldn't prove they were her's?