PDA

View Full Version : ARC Titan Tower Bar

OnePaintedMan
03-26-2013, 04:42 AM
Fitted my recently purchased ARC Titatn Tower Bar over the weekend (replaced the standard Yellow one from an S-Limited)

Its a beautiful piece of kit. Engineered in titanium and weighs just 1.28kg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/drew_collier/Project%20Ronin/20130326_075142_zps9ef85bcf.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/drew_collier/Project%20Ronin/20130326_075128_zpscfef5f67.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/drew_collier/Project%20Ronin/20130326_075116_zps9acec13b.jpg

I like the asymetric front bar in the bottom pic. Presumably to allow it to clear a supercharger?

Apologies for the disgraceful; state of my engine bay. Its next on my list of 'to do' jobs!

Andy
03-26-2013, 07:31 AM
I like it too. Did you notice any difference.

OnePaintedMan
03-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Does exactly the same job as the one I took off lol. . .

Sure is pretty though and more importantly weighs a hell of a lot less :)

bigx5murf
03-26-2013, 03:08 PM
I've driven with my stock strut bar removed, noticed no difference.

The Platypus
03-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Strut bars on Miatas don't really do much anyways. But like you said, sure is pretty.

OnePaintedMan
03-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Strut bars on Miatas don't really do much anyways. But like you said, sure is pretty.

I have under chassis braces front and rear, roll bar, harness bar and the front tower brace. Every piece I've fitted has reduced scuttle shake, resonance and vibration to some extent. Thei combined effect is certainly noticeable on British road surfaces (mainly potholes at present).

I used to think the Bilsteins on my car were completely shot. Now that the car is rigid and the suspension is able to work properly I have completely revised that opinion. You can actually feel the shocks loading up and judge the limits better.

Even my wife commented on how much smoother the ride had become and asked me what I had done to the car. . .

bigx5murf
03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
I have under chassis braces front and rear, roll bar, harness bar and the front tower brace. Every piece I've fitted has reduced scuttle shake, resonance and vibration to some extent. Thei combined effect is certainly noticeable on British road surfaces (mainly potholes at present).

I used to think the Bilsteins on my car were completely shot. Now that the car is rigid and the suspension is able to work properly I have completely revised that opinion. You can actually feel the shocks loading up and judge the limits better.

Even my wife commented on how much smoother the ride had become and asked me what I had done to the car. . .

I have fm frame rails, and agree a stiffer chassis definitely improves the ride at the very least. But I've removed the strut bar, or left one side disconnected, and there really is no difference. It's just a part of the chassis that doesn't really benefit from stiffening. Where as the cabin area, even a flexy fg hard top makes the car feel noticeably stiffer.