PDA

View Full Version : E-Brake and Shift knob help/question!

Cxmoney
03-26-2013, 12:55 PM
I have a joyfast shift knob and I bought a e-brake to match the knob, however, it doesn't match. the joyfast shift knob is more of a dark mirror like(it is not chrome) and my ebrake has to be polished aluminum as it doesn't have the mirror effect the shift knob has.

does anyone know of a ebrake and button that will match a joyfast knob? I really want them to match, and I really prefer not to get rid of my joyfast knob... thanks!

Agent☣Orange
03-26-2013, 01:00 PM
The Joyfast is highly polished steel isn't it? Seems like the only thing to come close would be a stock, chrome brake button even though it's just chromed plastic.

Cxmoney
03-26-2013, 01:02 PM
joyfast does make a button that matches, but I am looking for a handle too. rs products makes one and it is available on the rev9 website, but I am not sure if it matches. I emailed rev9 last week but still no reply. =( I just want a matching ebrake setup! haha

Cxmoney
03-27-2013, 03:55 AM
Anyone else have any leads to a matching ebrake handle?

Agent☣Orange
03-27-2013, 11:42 AM
What ebrake handle do you have? Voodoo?

Cxmoney
03-27-2013, 12:45 PM
I ordered it from the UK. not sure of brand, it is just a straight cylinder with button.

Cxmoney
03-28-2013, 04:27 AM
alright I guess I will be getting rid of the joyfast knob. :sigh:

Jimmy Vee
03-28-2013, 05:02 AM
Zoom have a polished one that might match. The RS stage on rev9 is more of a brushed alu finish.
http://www.zoom-eng.com/shop/images/8_1_018.jpg

Agent☣Orange
03-28-2013, 11:14 AM
That Joyfast knob is too nice to get rid of. I'd rather go all black on the brake handle and button.

Martin
03-28-2013, 11:16 AM
That Joyfast knob is too nice to get rid of. I'd rather go all black on the brake handle and button.
Ditto

Cxmoney
03-28-2013, 08:58 PM
i love the joyfast, I just don't want it to look out of place with my polished nardi, and a polished shifter ring...

RetroModern
04-01-2013, 05:05 AM
Aluminum and SS gives off very different shine characteristics. The SS will always tend to be more shiny due to the fact that the material is denser, with a higher chromium (at least 15%), and nickel (at least 8%) content than your run of the mill 6061 grade aluminum(no or very little nickel, and only up to .35% chromium). I'm assuming that is what your ebrake handle is made from as it is generally used for non structural, low shear stress applications.
So now that you know why it doesn't match, you should ask yourself which is the more attainable solution? Get/find a SS ebrake cover, or chuck the joyfast and go with an aluminum knob? As a machinist/fabricator/snob, I'd keep everything SS. It is a much nicer material but way more expensive to use/buy.