PDA

View Full Version : ideas on where to mount a piggyback?

scsi
03-31-2013, 02:40 PM
just picked up a greddy emanage ultimate and am looking for ideas on where to mount it. previous owner had it behind the glove box, but also didn't have a/c and no evaporator.

thanks!

bigx5murf
03-31-2013, 06:47 PM
Taking the stock ecu out of an NB is a major PITA, if you can do it, that's the best spot imo. I was too lazy, plus I need to put the stocker back once a year. So I had an extra long harness made, and mount my MS in the glove box. Yes it does make the glove box useless for it's actual use. But all it takes for me to switch back to stock is swapping harness, IAT sensor, and injectors. Plus its super easy to reach to hookup to a laptop.

cbaylis77
03-31-2013, 07:12 PM
The E-manage is smaller then a Hydra so it should fit behind the glove box like Flyin' Miata mounts it.

scsi
04-01-2013, 03:23 AM
i got the stock ecu out, it was a bit of a pain indeed, but the emanage is a piggyback so i have to keep the stock ecu in there.

thanks for the lead, is this the FM product you're referring to?
http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=4527&parentid=0&stocknumber=07-17110%20%201990-93

that looks like an excellent potential solution, but i'd be a bit surprised if the glove box actually goes back on in front of that! it doesn't seem like there's that much room

bigx5murf
04-01-2013, 08:07 PM
I'd strongly advise against getting a Hydra unless you're either...

1)Near FM
2)Have already verified you have a local tuner familiar with Hydra

cbaylis77
04-01-2013, 09:38 PM
That's the bracket I was talking about but you'd need to make your own. Like I said, the E-manage is much smaller.
I mounted mine centered behind the glove compartment but had to cut a lot of the door.

SM16RMSM
04-01-2013, 09:40 PM
I'd strongly advise against getting a Hydra unless you're either...

1)Near FM
2)Have already verified you have a local tuner familiar with Hydra

He has a Greddy E-Manage Ultimate.

scsi
04-02-2013, 04:13 AM
lol yes i do already have the emanage but i appreciate the concern :P

and to be clear, emanage is a piggy back which means i need to keep an OEM ecu as well