PDA

View Full Version : Lexus V8 Miata on ebay

atank
04-20-2013, 12:14 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus-V8-British-Racing-Green-Miata-Monster-Hard-Top-1UZ-FE-4-0L-32V-One-Two-/121097981005?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c32008c4d

1991 British Racing Green Lexus V8 Miata

INTRO

In 1991, Mazda built 3,995 Special Editions (SE) in British Racing Green. The cars are officially recognized by Mazda, as Limited (Special) Editions. Car/chassis number 2,574 is represented here. Full emission controls, including but not limited to: catalytic converter, EGR, and charcoal canister. The stock Mazda check engine light functions with the Lexus ECU, so you can diagnose, and pull OBD1 codes, to aid in diagnosis. The electronically controlled Lexus transmission, can also be diagnosed for trouble codes, via the OD off light. Car retains, and uses all stock gauges (tachometer, oil pressure, speedometer, coolant temperature), power steering, power brakes, and cruise control.

BODY

There is no rust, anywhere on the chassis or body panels. There is no hail or salt damage. The top of the hood was repainted, but the engine side is the original paint, with all the original stickers and markings. There is one dent on the A pillar, right side. It is about the size of a quarter, and difficult to photograph. The hardtop is very nice, and the soft top is almost in “never used” condition. There are no rips or tears. The soft top has never seen the elements, and is original. The rear plastic window is clear, and transparent, and the zippers work well. A beige original soft top boot, used to cover the soft top when retracted, is also included. There might be minor scratches or chips, but nothing that would not be considered problematic.

INTERIOR

The interior is very nice. Original beige floor mats, beige interior, factory wood handle parking brake, are British Racing Green only features, not found on standard Miatas. A Mazda cupholder has been added to the center console. I also have a nice set of spare original keys. There is slight wear on the drivers left side bolster. The passenger is in good condition.

DRIVETRAIN

A 1994 Lexus SC400 motor and transmission, with 68K miles was purchased. The engine received a complete refresh. All of the parts used are new Lexus. A complete timing belt service, with new front oil seals, water pump, and timing belt, was performed. A new serpentine belt was installed. The oil pan was pulled, cleaned, and resealed. The rear main seal was changed. A new thermostat was installed. The spark plugs were changed, and a Lexus ignition wire set was installed. The transmission pan was cleaned, and resealed. All lubricants, brake fluid, coolant, and filters were also serviced. The air filter was upgraded to a K+N reusable cotton/oil type. A larger, low mileage, 1996 Miata non LSD differential, with a 4.10 ratio, and matching axles were installed to handle the higher power of the V8.

CHASSIS

Four shocks, along with upgraded springs, and steering bearing caps, were installed. The tires are of legal tread depth. The braking system was serviced with a new master cylinder, four rotors, new brake lines, upgraded front brake pads, and fresh brake fluid was added. A recent four wheel alignment was performed. The machine used was a Hunter Hawk Eye Optical DSP rack. The car drives straight, and is aligned to factory settings. The swap did not create any tracking issues.

The exhaust system is a two into one design. From the manifolds back to the converter, two inch zinc coated tubing was used. From the high flow catalytic converter back to the muffler, two and a half inch zinc coated tubing was used. A Borla stainless steel muffler was used out back. Cool-Tec black header wrap was used to keep cabin temperatures down, and improve under hood temperatures. A Red Top Optima Battery was installed. Also used is a VIPER brand car alarm with starter cut, and shock sensor. The car has been recently, PA State Inspected (April 2013 expires April 2014), and smog passed.

STATS

Averages 20mpg in highway/city combined driving. 1UZ-FE is an engine of 4.0L (3,968cc), which is equivalent to 242 cubic inches. Redline of 6500rpm. Horsepower 260, torque 270 ft/lbs. The engine is oversquare by design, with a bore size of 87.5 mm (3.44 in) and stroke of 82.5 mm (3.25 in). Compression ratio is 10:1. Requires 91 octane premium gas. Uses twin knock sensors. Aluminum heads, and block. The heads contain, 32V, and four camshafts in total. Transmission shift patterns, can be toggled between normal and power modes.

MEDIA

Video: Please go to my Youtube Channel. My account on Youtube is: Twobarpsi, or you can search for “Lexus V8 Miata”, and you will see links in the search results. There are several videos including:

Engine Rev Up with Exhaust Sound

http://youtu.be/O6I3xJuY9i8

0-80mph Run

http://youtu.be/hi8q720gMyo

80mph Fly By

http://youtu.be/efZlABBj_Q0

Dmn2258
04-20-2013, 12:45 PM
that's so awesome

Cxmoney
04-20-2013, 01:01 PM
ehhh. its automatic and the buy it now was 50K. guy is crazy. talking down other V8 swaps and stuff. he is too full of himself.

EDIT: seems he got some sense into him and changed his listing and took most everything out.... here is what was in the listing previously -

"MINDSET AND GOALS OF THE PROJECT"

Monster Miata, and LS1 kit swaps already existed when we decided on this project, but never interested us. Mainly because they were illegal street cars, heavy, hard to smog test, are too powerful for the stock chassis without major modifications, and they lacked the refinement the Lexus drivetrain offers."

"Look on ebay, Miata forum sites, or Youtube for any V8 kit swapped Miatas that have been offered for sale, or have been built to completion. How many are street legal? How many use carburetion? How many were just a jumble of oily junkyard junk that got tossed into the car in a weekend over a case of beer? Try to find something similar to a Lexus converted Miata. Keep looking. Look again. Why? Because you won’t find another car like this for sale.

Andy
04-20-2013, 01:20 PM
well he claims he changed the rear end.

"A larger, low mileage, 1996 Miata non LSD differential, with a 4.10 ratio, and matching axles were installed to handle the higher power of the V8. "

Dmn2258
04-21-2013, 03:16 AM
nvm if it's auto....no thanx lol

RuckkehrMiata
04-21-2013, 05:57 AM
nvm if it's auto....no thanx lol

Yeah, great waste of a BRG

edit: I Would like to know, in the one picture towards the end of his gallery, where he put his jack stands. It looks like they are on the floor boards ._.

DK Wolf
04-21-2013, 06:18 AM
"oh noesss... automatic... it's the end of the woooorld!"

I'd still buy it, shit.. if it was sold for less than 10k

tsingson
04-21-2013, 07:09 AM
Yeah, the whole automatic things killed it for me. Why go through all that work to utilize all the OEM functions and use an automatic?

Phatmiata
04-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Moved this to the engine swaps section.

atank
04-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Moved this to the engine swaps section.

Thank You Randy "for all you do"!!!

treeafodo
04-21-2013, 09:27 AM
Yeah, the whole automatic things killed it for me. Why go through all that work to utilize all the OEM functions and use an automatic?

Same here.
There's a BRG for sale in town here. I went to look at it. Got all excited when it clean and rust free. Then I take a look into the interior, automatic.

maharaj
04-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Bid is now at 14.5k and the reserve has not been met. Wonder what he is going to let it go for? After doing all that work, for an automatic no less, there are no signs or mention of additional chassis reinforcement. :shock: He certainly has no problem bashing LS and FMC swaps.

The Driver
04-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Does Toyota, or anyone else makes a manual tranny for that engine? That price is nutz!

DK Wolf
04-21-2013, 10:10 AM
Does Toyota, or anyone else makes a manual tranny for that engine? That price is nutz!

Supra trans will work

tsingson
04-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Supra trans will work

Exactly what I was thinking.

maharaj
07-09-2013, 07:33 AM
Ended with 0 bids. Surprise surprise. :shocked:

atank
07-09-2013, 07:50 AM
Way too much $$$$$

tsingson
07-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Sure was.

atank
07-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Rather have my 1.8...........

tsingson
07-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Me too, with a 5 speed.

ozzie84
07-09-2013, 09:48 AM
Awesome! Until I notice its automatic :thumbdown:

atank
07-11-2013, 09:22 AM
^^^Oh man you aren't kidding!!! What a waste..........

John J
07-11-2013, 06:55 PM
I would rather stick with my LS2 V8R as it provides more power than really needed and is way to much fun.

atank
07-11-2013, 08:13 PM
^^^2X^^^