PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Miata soft top hail damage repair

Gymbunny
04-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Hi I own a 2001 Mazda Miata soft top and just sustained pretty bad hail damage that ruined the soft top and am trying to research the best, inexpensive way to have it replaced or possibly just buy the whole part and have a friend who is pretty knowledgable about cars install it. Do you happen to have any suggestions of how I should go about this process? I have liability insurance on my Miata (meaning it won't cover hail damage) I live in the Oklahoma City, OK area. If anybody has any contacts around here that might be able to help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thank you!
Heather

kung fu jesus
04-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Comprehensive typically covers hail damage. Your best bet is to find a used one from an NB or get a new top and reskin it yourself. Many of our sponsors offer either. Planet Miata and Project G may have used ones, R*speed and others offer many options for new ones. If you buy used, look for one off a '99-05 already on the frame. It takes 1-2 hours to swap it out, if the rainrail is intact. Reskinning a new top takes about 6 hours or so.

maharaj
04-28-2013, 03:16 PM
^^^Agreed, find one that is already on the frame. I recently had the 'joy' :roll: of reskinning a new top. First and last time I do that.

drv2fst
04-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Ruined the soft top ! What does the rest of the car look like ? Pics please.

Gymbunny
04-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Ruined the soft top ! What does the rest of the car look like ? Pics please.

I can't figure out how to attach image files to this thread. I have photos of the damage I can e-mail since apaprently I can only post links in this thread, unless I'm missing something?

tsingson
04-29-2013, 11:39 AM
I believe you have to use Flickr or something of the sort.

kung fu jesus
04-29-2013, 01:04 PM
how to post pictures:
http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?2335-How-to-Post-Images&p=76648#post76648