PDA

View Full Version : na trunk lid on nb

HELLIONMX5
05-16-2013, 07:40 AM
Will it work? Want to add a functional wing but not on nb trunk lid. Have a spare na available. Lmk.

Thanks

atank
05-16-2013, 08:24 AM
No...........

HELLIONMX5
05-16-2013, 08:33 AM
F! Thanks. ..

DK Wolf
05-16-2013, 08:53 AM
Kid, I'll be gentle.

But you have been asking some borderline "mouth breather" questions dude. Google, for the love of all that is merciful learn to google.
(or common sense in this instance)

HELLIONMX5
05-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Thanks dk. I've just been bored on miata and other forums for the last 3 hours. I saw the nb -> na thread on here, so I decided to ask since it reminded me of it.

mini_fd
05-16-2013, 09:19 AM
You want a spare black nb trunk... Take mine for 50 bucks plus shippinh.

HELLIONMX5
05-16-2013, 09:23 AM
You in Australia?

atank
05-16-2013, 09:24 AM
^^$50 thats a good deal^^

treeafodo
05-16-2013, 10:27 AM
For a functional wing isn't it best NOT to mount it to the trunk lid, but directly to the chassis?

mini_fd
05-17-2013, 07:50 AM
No florida. It has a indentation on it and its debadged but its yours with shippinh.

HELLIONMX5
05-17-2013, 09:37 AM
No florida. It has a indentation on it and its debadged but its yours with shippinh.
Pics, shipping to 70065...

For a functional wing isn't it best NOT to mount it to the trunk lid, but directly to the chassis?

How did you get this info? I have seen and mounted to trunk lid, sides, and rear bumper area. As long as it doesn't become a missile in the freeway lol. That's a felony if you hit someone fyi

Phatmiata
05-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Kid, I'll be gentle.

But you have been asking some borderline "mouth breather" questions dude. Google, for the love of all that is merciful learn to google.
(or common sense in this instance)

This is NOT CorpRoadster, or NaziNet, if he has a simple question then by all means just let him ask. The Mods have been "merciful" that you are still here DK Wolf, when you first came here I had a few mods from another site that sent me PM's telling me to just ban you outright for being a troll on their forums. I told them I like to give everyone a shot unless they become a drain on the forum. If we told everyone "Just Google It" or "use the search noob" how can we promote a friendly atmosphere? If you know the answer then just tell him, there is no reason to get high and mighty like those other forums do. Some of you guys forget that EVERYONE was new once!

Thank you atank for answering the question.

atank
05-17-2013, 10:56 AM
This is NOT CorpRoadster, or NaziNet, if he has a simple question then by all means just let him ask. The Mods have been "merciful" that you are still here DK Wolf, when you first came here I had a few mods from another site that sent me PM's telling me to just ban you outright for being a troll on their forums. I told them I like to give everyone a shot unless they become a drain on the forum. If we told everyone "Just Google It" or "use the search noob" how can we promote a friendly atmosphere? If you know the answer then just tell him, there is no reason to get high and mighty like those other forums do. Some of you guys forget that EVERYONE was new once!

Thank you atank for answering the question.

You are Welcome, and there is no such thing as a stupid question...........its all "Planck-Time"

treeafodo
05-17-2013, 07:10 PM
How did you get this info? I have seen and mounted to trunk lid, sides, and rear bumper area. As long as it doesn't become a missile in the freeway lol. That's a felony if you hit someone fyi
I've heard of this on several different forums. I honestly can't remember the exact reason now, but if I recall it was something to do with the trunk lid flexing or something of the sort. I heard the best way was mounted directly to the unibody. I could be wrong though.

dustin a
05-17-2013, 08:17 PM
The trunk lid is not strong enough, it will just bend from the force on the wing.

Agent☣Orange
05-17-2013, 08:42 PM
You are Welcome, and there is no such thing as a stupid question...........its all "Planck-Time"
You got it brutha. Ask anything. We even created a special section for it. There is no high-brow, secret club here. If you have a question, just ask..

As part of MR.net culture, we want our experienced membership to always be willing to help or don't bother to wasting time beating their chests and demeaning new owners. We were ALL noobs at some point. Don't forget your roots.

The trunk lid is not strong enough, it will just bend from the force on the wing.
Wuh?

HELLIONMX5
05-17-2013, 11:26 PM
Well, just a thought, what if it's reinforced from underneath?

treeafodo
05-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Well, just a thought, what if it's reinforced from underneath?

That would kind of be unnecessary weight, I'd think.

dustin a
05-18-2013, 02:28 PM
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=357459

That has some info for wing mounting and will explain what I was saying.

dustin a
05-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Wuh?
Op mentioned mounting a functional wing to the trunk lid, I was just saying that the trunk lid is not strong enough for anything functional. I posted a link for more info, sorry for the confusion.