View Full Version : RetroModern Double Diamond Stitched Door Cards are now available

RetroModern
05-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Gentlemen, i know that you guys have been itching to get your hands on some quality door panels. Here's your chance. The door panels are created using pre-fabricated, machine stitched uber soft vinyl in a double diamond pattern. The diamonds are larger than what you typically see. This is more in line with what the supercar guys are doing, like the Lambos and Astons, and i love their interiors. So what exactly are you getting?

Option 1: just the fabric. I will sell you just the fabric and you can cut out and make your own door panels. You will need to trim and upholster it on your own. There are a ton of DIY threads that show you how.

Option 2: Pre-mounted fabric on 1/8th inch ABS door cards. The door cards will be shipped with the fabric pre-mounted, and all holes cut out, per your request. If you want to run all OEM door handles, pockets, etc, those holes will be drilled and provided for you. If you want to run our door pulls, then the extra holes will be left out. If you want to run bare bones, no speaker holes, no door handles, etc, we can do that too. You just need to specify.

Option 3: The full monty.
As some of you are aware, i am creating an Eunos style logo-ed door pull to go along with these. I am also creating a speaker grill cover that is mainly catered towards the 94-97 cars with those dinky black speaker covers but is also designed to work with our door panels. The full monty will include a set of door pulls, and speaker covers to go along with the door panels.

The speaker grills can be seen here: http://www.retromoderngroup.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=61
The Eunos style logo-ed door pulls can be seen here: https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/217353_452879614805407_345675911_n.jpg

Shown below is a standard 1.6 NA door card. This is our bare minimalist design for the people who want it bare bone. I wanted to put this up to show you the pattern and how large the diamonds are.

http://www.retromoderngroup.com/shop/image/cache/data/Door%20Cards/DPV2-1-674x449.jpg
So this is how the group buy is going to work..

Since these are built to order, and by my hands, all orders will be considered pre-order/commissioned work. That means that there is a processing time. There is a build time and there is a shipping time. If youre ok with that, then read further....

The group buy will begin immediately. At the end of the month, I will start building door panels. If you do not place your orders, you will have to wait for the next one, which may not be for a while. All orders will need to be paid in full, upfront. Reason is because i need to have an accurate count of how much more material i need to order. I have concluded that a flat shipping rate of $18.00 to be the cheapest i can offer for shipping to the lower 48 states. All you Canucks, please email me your zip so i can get int shipping quotes.

Prices are as follow:
Option 1: Just the fabric only: $123 + shipping.
Option 2: Just the door panels: $250 + shipping.
Option 3: The full monty: Introductory price of $539 + Shipping.
- 2 x door panels (normally $250)
- 2 x Eunos door pulls with your choice of color lanyard (normally $125)
- 2 x 80's inspired speaker grills + stainless steel mesh. (normally $200)

Limited to the first 5 sets, use coupon code: "V2DSDP" for $25 off.

(All door panel options will comes with necessary hardware to mount to your top pad. Will use existing OEM door clips for seamless integration and fitment.)

You can place your orders here:
http://www.retromoderngroup.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_60&product_id=55

Color options:
Distressed Black, Saddle Tan, and Chocolate Brown. (I will get pictures of the tan and brown up soon)

RuckkehrMiata
05-17-2013, 07:34 PM
It's... beautiful...

:cry2:

I promise to buy one once Project-G is done cleaning me out for my new cooling package.

RetroModern
05-17-2013, 07:35 PM
i forgot to mention that i will also be offering tunnel and rear parcel shelf covers as well in the future.

94R
05-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Oh man, I'm gonna be broke.

Ihatecars
05-17-2013, 11:29 PM
These are incredible. I need to start saving.

RetroModern
05-24-2013, 11:47 PM
Updated picture of the 1.6 door panel in the first post. Shown with the eunos logo door pulls and yellow lanyard.. for a splash of color.

Phatmiata
05-29-2013, 04:16 PM
too much cool stuff Ken!

RetroModern
05-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Thanks Randy. There will be more on the way but at a much slower pace than recently.