PDA

View Full Version : SOLD 92 Sunburst Yellow, 86k miles, SoCal car in Ohio

Traveler
05-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Lifetime Southern California car, recently relocated to COLUMBUS, OHIO
86k miles
Asking price is 4800, but just looking for best offer.
VIN - JM1NA3510N1312052

Up for sale is my 1992 Mazda Miata, in rare Sunburst Yellow (this color used only in 1992, and only 1519 were produced). The brief description is that it's in wonderful mechanical condition, and very good cosmetic condition, with only 86,xxx rust free California miles (and recently brought to Ohio).

HISTORY -- The car was originally purchased new in the metro Los Angeles area, where its original owner lived from time of purchase until now. He kept the car stock, and parked it in his garage. I bought the car from that original owner in January of this year, and trailered it to Ohio when I moved here in February. I did not drive the car on slushy/salty roads after my arrival here. But as popular as the Sunburst Yellow is, it has not grown on me, and thus it is up for sale. The original window sticker comes with the car, as does a stack of documentation. The car is still registered in California, with California plates (in my name). I believe the car has never been in any traffic accident at all. The odometer just this week flipped to 86,000 miles.

INTERIOR -- The seats are not torn, the dash is not cracked, the carpet has no holes, the door panels have no rips. The steering wheel does have obvious wear at the top, and the finish on top of the gauge cluster hood is slightly worn, because the original owner liked to use a cockpit cover instead of the soft top when leaving the car unattended.
The car was optioned with Air Conditioning, and it works properly. It was also optioned with headrest speakers, and they also work. An aftermarket radio is in the car (removeable faceplate, and remote), but the original Mazda radio will also come with the car.

MECHANICAL -- The engine just runs superbly. That's all there is to say. The transmission works well and shifts well (I recently replaced the two torn shifter boots, and did a transmission fluid change - Redline MTL). All other components are working as they should.

BODY -- Basically rust free, and I believe the paint to be original. The only rust issue is one area of cosmetic surface rust in one spot under the hood. The paint is good and bright, but does have plenty of little flaws here and there. There are a few dings around the car, all but one are too small to show up even in close pictures -- the original owner said he stored the car in the middle of his 2-car garage, with stuff piled on either side of the car, and during 2 decades things occasionally fell on the car. I saw the garage, and found this believable! I would expect some Paintless Dent Repair could address these very successfully.
Most notable are two primered areas, where larger dents occurred, one over the LR wheel well, and one over the RF wheel well. These were repaired and primered, but not painted. The fender liner blocks the view of the backside of the front fender, but at the rear fender I can see behind the repair, and it looks like a good repair, with all the metal there (i.e. not a rust issue).

WHEELS and TIRES -- All four daisies are in excellent condition. The present tires still have decent tread, but are 7 years old.

SOFT TOP -- Very good condition, and the plastic rear window is not cloudy. This is a Robbins replacement top, installed by the original owner. He says that as he finished the installation, he noticed that there was no sheath to hold the rearward bar, and thus it would not rise when the top was lifted. He solved this by using velcro strips between the forward bar and rearward bar, so that the forward bar pulls the rearward bar up to where it should be. Not ideal, but it works just fine.

Many additional photos are available in my Facebook album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7731008&type=3

My asking price is $4800. I'm looking for the best offer, and I DO INTEND to sell the car.

Call / text me at 478-960-1121, or email darryl.smelser@gmail.com

Traveler
05-28-2013, 10:04 AM

VINs at firewall and both fenders all match:

Traveler
06-11-2013, 08:05 PM
As well as the original window sticker and documentation, two original keys, one original valet key, and the owner's manual also come with the car.

The price I've listed is merely a starting point, and is definitely up for discussion.

Agent☣Orange
06-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Good ad and super nice car.

Phatmiata
06-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Good ad and super nice car.

You need to buy this Miata YellowYata!!!!

Many additional photos are available in my Facebook album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7731008&type=3

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Return home
:shrug:

Traveler
06-12-2013, 01:41 PM
:shrug:

Yeah, I don't know why my facebook pics aren't showing up for people. :/ I've checked and doublechecked that I have that album set to "public."

Unless you don't have a facebook account, that might account for you not seeing them.

Traveler
06-30-2013, 01:07 PM
SOLD! :)

atank
08-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Thank You for using Mazdaroadster.net Classified Add Section!!!!