PDA

View Full Version : Port St. Lucie - anyone been to the "Do-It-Yourself Auto Repair & Maintenance" Garage

Dandy
06-08-2013, 06:43 PM
I found an article about it that is a little over a year old:
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2012/apr/12/tired-of-paying-too-much-money-for-service-come-do/

And this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my9C3Vfv5RE

I can't find much more on it. Anyone been there? Is it still open for business? That might be worth a drive for me. Great place for a club tech day maybe.

The Driver
06-09-2013, 07:56 AM
The only time I ever saw a place like that, was in the movie "Christine". I wish such a place was available in Tampa, while I was growing up!

jstammer
06-17-2013, 01:49 PM
I live in Port St. Lucie. I just called and they are still open for business. Hours are M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; Sat til 4:00 pm and Sun by appointment only.
If you need to stay later to complete your project or finish, they will stay later during the week days.

Call them at 772-335-7079. Rates depend on what you need to use, tools, etc.

Dandy
06-17-2013, 01:54 PM
I live in Port St. Lucie. I just called and they are still open for business. Hours are M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; Sat til 4:00 pm and Sun by appointment only.
If you need to stay later to complete your project or finish, they will stay later during the week days.

Call them at 772-335-7079. Rates depend on what you need to use, tools, etc.

This is really cool! Nice for us Condo dwellers in Fla. Thanks Prez!

jstammer
06-17-2013, 03:43 PM
This is really cool! Nice for us Condo dwellers in Fla. Thanks Pres!

I like your idea about a club tech day. Since they are open on Saturdays, it would be neat to figure out who needs what done, especially if a lift is required or recomended. Split the $20+ per hour between several people, plus have the extra hands available and you could probably get quite a bit done in a half day.

Dandy
06-17-2013, 08:40 PM
I was hoping to use the garage to install sway bars and a new front chasis brace just to try the place out.

I'm an hour's drive south of you and I have other underneath the car installations to do if you need a volunteer vehicle :D.