PDA

View Full Version : Depo Wideband problems

I<3flippyheadlights
06-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Alright, I purchased a wideband from a guy in the local club. It is a Depo wideband gauge with the sensor. It was a hell of a deal so I thought, "why not?" Well it has come back to bite me when I tried installing it. Here are my problems

1. It came with no directions.
2. Four cables are coming off the gauge. I thought I could identify them. Obviously, I can't.
3. Everytime I got it hooked up, it gave me the code [03].
4. Couldn't get a solid ground.
5. I bought a Depo Wideband from a guy with no instructions for installs and should have bought a brand new wideband

Ok, this is what happened. I thought the red was power, black was ground, orange was a dimmer, and white was something... different...

Everything I did ended up with the code [03]

Red hooked up to power, black to ground
White hooked up to power, red hooked up to power, black to ground
white hooked up to power, black to ground

I know this is rather confusing and I feel like a total noob. I'm scared to say it, but I did search around Google. I even contacted DepoRacing and they haven't gotten back to me (go figure). If I could get some help, that would be amazing! Thanks :8):7971

I<3flippyheadlights
06-13-2013, 10:18 PM
bumpity

Agent☣Orange
06-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Not familiar with code 03. What is that? Typically, yes, red is power, black is ground, orange is illumination and anything else is source.

I<3flippyheadlights
06-16-2013, 01:02 AM
Well someone said they look similar to prosport gauges. I found the instructions for that and it turned out to be interesting. Red is constant power, black is ground, white is to the ignition. I pulled up the wiring diagram for the miata and found out we used the wrong wires the first time around. Hope this solves my problem.

Agent☣Orange
06-16-2013, 01:44 AM
I though you were guzzlin down some dog head beers tonigh.

I<3flippyheadlights
06-16-2013, 10:00 AM
That was later. When I went out to work on the car, it rained. I'll have to find another time to do it.

And my beer was sorta meh. I was very disappointed by my Dogfish Head beer.