PDA

View Full Version : Drift Car Project!

S10
06-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Whatsup all! Im new here and well I just got a Miata. Its a 91 NA Miata, 1.6L 5 Speed! :D

Well Im 16 and I want to start a project so I picked this car up. for $1250. My idea is to make it into a drift car but working in a pizza parlor and having low budget is going to be hard. But I make about 300-400 a month so I mean... Anyway I need your guys help with what to do with the car. I know suspension( coils ) is on the list. But with the Diff, i heard that Kaaz is good but again budget is key along with the coilovers, and the roll cage. Of course im handy with tools and stuff so like I said budget for me is a must. Plus I gotta pay my dad back 1100$ so I got 750 in the bank and about 100 laying in the cup. Please dont be an ass to me, Im just looking for helpful stuff that will get me on my way to making this car into something ill enjoy. Even ur opinions are good and maybe your setups :D. So yeah. Thanks - Matt (S10)

MiataMatt
06-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Coils, roll bar for when you hit the wall, shitty tires and weld the diff. Otherwise that 1.6 will have trouble spinning tires at low speeds with halfway decent tires. Trust me. Maybe some real grippy rear pads to help ebrake engagement. Once you get a little better at drifting look into a torsen diff, better tires, and maybe a turbo to keep those rear wheels spinning. Drift car in a nut shell.

wannafbody
06-14-2013, 11:02 PM
The Miata isn't the best drift car due to low HP and short wheelbase