PDA

View Full Version : My new Mazdarati

Agent☣Orange
06-13-2013, 09:08 PM
*This is not a build or a review, just a happy thread.

Looked at lots of cars from Honda to Hyundai but kept coming back to Mazda, go figure. Checked out lots of 3s including Speed3s but at this time, they're 2013s. Besides, with an NB and a Z in the stable, the priority was for a comfy DD and highway cruiser with full warranty, reliability and no issues I have to spend money on. This is a 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with all the bells and whistles including the "Soul Red" premium paint (that's hard to tell how magnificent it is on this overcast day).

It was up against a Genesis Coupe with it's powerful V6 but being a dated design and the Mazda being a brand new "Kodo" design, I opted for this instead. It has a 2.5l Skyactive, direct-injected motor which won't be known for its power but it does get up and go, especially with the paddle shifters. Look for the 2014 Mazda 3 to adopt a similar front and the ND Miata to take some visual cues as well.

Yeah, it's just a Mazda 6 but everything about it is just right: nimble, comfortable, great mileage and styling that has everyone calling it a "Mazdarati."

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Misc/Mazdarati/Mazdarati5eml_zps751f355b.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Misc/Mazdarati/Mazdarati3eml_zpsada67aa3.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Misc/Mazdarati/Mazdarati2eml_zps3cfb01f9.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Misc/Mazdarati/Mazdarati4eml_zpsbfb9cf73.jpg

atank
06-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Looks very Nice Yata!!!!

JB 94 Laguna
06-13-2013, 09:20 PM
I like them, but I still can't get over how big the new 6 and Fusion are in person.

theothersawyer
06-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Beautiful!!!! I love the new 6's!!!

Agent☣Orange
06-13-2013, 09:53 PM
This thing is awesome! The headlights turn ahead of the steering wheel, the wipers go faster when it detects heavier rain (something that I found out today), side mirror obstruction indicators, radar-controlled cruise control and if you're busy posting to MR.net while driving, it'll brake for you to avoid an accident.

If you're backing out of a parking spot and you're flanked by tall vehicles, it'll give you an audible alert for any douche that sees you backing out but decides to keep going.

The best part is the rear view camera which besides its high-resolution, wide angle view, also helps you scope out female eye candy. See a hot babe about to walk past behind you? Just put in reverse and enjoy the view.

MiataMatt
06-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Now if that backup babe detector had one of those screens so it looks all blurry to my girlfriend in the passenger seat, I'd be sold.

Agent☣Orange
06-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Who cares? Just put it in reverse and deny everything.

I<3flippyheadlights
06-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Car looks great! Did they not have yellow?

Agent☣Orange
06-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Hell no. You know that was the first question I asked.

SM16RMSM
06-13-2013, 10:22 PM
IMHO, I really like it. I think the styling is dead on and its futuristic look is the best. The Mazda6 is going in the right direction. A V6 Skyactive option would be nice to have instead of the 2.5L I4 motor. But the 2.5L doesn't hurt and the MPG is nice. Its not a bad car. But its the wrong color for Yata. It doesn't have enough yellow in it.

Agent☣Orange
06-13-2013, 10:31 PM
Honestly, that was the one thing that I was debating between the Genesis Coupe and this one. I liked the 300+ hp of the Genesis but I had to keep in mind my priorities which is to not have to spend $5 in fuel every time I go to Taco Bell.

I needed a mileage miser but didn't want a Civic, hence the Mazda6. It doesn't have break-neck power but... this thing really winds up after 3500rpm. It's no slouch like the Accord I just traded in. The Accord is a nice car but no Vtech yo and what a boat on the highway. It's really evolutionary and boring whereas the Mazda6 is revolutionary. The V6 Accord coupe is very nice though.

If there's any consolation, the Mazda6 turbo diesel should be hitting the dealerships any time now. Moar torque but higher fuel costs. No regrets here. Like I said, I needed a nice DD and I already have a track star and a HP beast in the stable.

94R
06-14-2013, 02:56 AM
Nice car! I'm hopelessly waiting that Mazda North America would bring the new 6 wagon into the continent. That's the car I want. I'd trade my CX9 in for it in a heartbeat.

chiefmg
06-14-2013, 04:19 AM
I hear you can get PlastiDip in yellow...

I agree that the new 6 is nice. The front end has had to grow on me, but otherwise I think it's sharp. The wife and I are waiting to see if the rumored coupe comes out, if so and they give us a Mazdaspeed version I'll be trading in my Speed6 for one.

maharaj
06-14-2013, 07:40 AM
When does it go to the paint shop?

tsingson
06-14-2013, 07:56 AM
Mazda did a great job going from the previous body style to this. I loved the first gen 6s but the second ones were not my cup of tea. But this is definitely something I can drive and enjoy.

Phatmiata
06-14-2013, 09:17 AM
Those are great looking cars!! and excellent gas mileage to boot!! Congrats!

etikoner
06-14-2013, 11:15 AM
Bet it's fun to drive..

Interior looks nice. And that paint is straight up gorgeous.