PDA

View Full Version : Please keep a lookout for stolen race car!

SM16RMSM
07-10-2013, 06:29 PM
As the title says, a race car was stolen this morning at 1:49 AM on July 10, 2013 in downtown Orlando, FL. It wasn't mine but I trying to spread the word a little. Maybe someone might spot it. This happened on our property and everything is recorded on surveillance camera.

Truck and trailer was parked inside a lock fence area. About 12:51 AM, a truck was spotted coming down the street and made a u turn and went back up the street. At 12:57, the same truck is seen again but this time with a trailer on the back (this trailer was confirmed to be stolen down the street and reported around 11 AM, like three building away). The truck and trailer disappear off camera but after a minute, the trailer is seen being backed up. This is when three subject got out of the truck and ran to the fence. One guy went back and we think he goes and get a pair of bolt cutters. From there' we think they broke into the trailer and spotted the race car. The criminals leave at 1:02.30 AM and return around 1:49 AM. This time the truck has no trailer and the criminals turned the light off and park straight up at the gate to hind them if anyone drove by. From there, the cut the fence and went to work on moving the Chevy Tahoe which was hooked up to the trailer with locks in place. They damaged the transmission linkage in 5 minutes and moved the truck out of the way. They never broke into the truck. From there, at 1:55 AM, the black Ford dully is seen pulling out in the middle on the road and ramming the gate with the rear end. One of the tail lights broke upon hitting the gate (our gate it not your ordinary gate, it been beefed up with heave steal). One strong push the the chain that locks the gate broke free. From there, they hook the trailer up, tested to see if they had working lights, and at 2:01, they drove off with the trailer. These guys are professional stealers and the trailer and car where taken in a about ten minutes flat.

At 5 PM today, the black Ford was confirmed to be a stolen F250 and the trailer was found connected to it. It was found 7 minutes down the street at a closed down business from the place it was stolen. Everything in the trailer, generators, tools, power wrench, the Chevy Nova, a few banners, and tie down where all taken. Even the batteries and the front trailer box was taken. The good tires where replaced with bad tire and rusted rims. Even the tail lights where gone. The trailer has been stripped.

If anybody sees the car by any chance, please call the Orlando Police department. The Nova belongs to my paint and body shop guy. He has no insurance on the trailer and car. We think it a complete lose at this time. But if it happen to be spotted in Tampa, Miami, or Jacksonville, please call the OPD asap. It has no vin or identification on it. It was at Orlando Speedworld on Sunday and it very possible the the car was tracked back to the shop but we think this was a random hit do to how the criminals reacted.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g325/GR_MSM/Stolen%20Race%20Car%20and%20trailer/1016242_10151681004724799_1266756902_n_zps403933a6 .jpg

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g325/GR_MSM/Stolen%20Race%20Car%20and%20trailer/nova_zps68aa31fd.jpg

These pictures are the most recent one. They where taken on Sunday at a Funday Sunday event at Orlando Speedworld.

Cxmoney
07-10-2013, 08:03 PM
damn that blows. hope they find it. damn thieves stealing because they cant afford to get lives and buy their own shit.

BoBo
07-10-2013, 08:10 PM
I hate car thieves. Some people are too lazy to work for a living that they would steal from their neighbor. I had a car stolen from me before, I hope those thieves get caught.

SM16RMSM
07-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Stolen race car valued at $25,000+ sucks. The chassis isn't much, but the motor and tranny had a lot invested.

wannafbody
07-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Pathetic lowlifes

SM16RMSM
08-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Small update to this, the Nova has been found in Sanford but it has a sad ending to it. The Nova has been stripped. They took everything, all the drivetrain including the rear end, the suspension, the wheels, and even all the electrical including wiring. It all gone. It just a bare shell now.

It for sale cheap too. Bad part is the towing company screwed the rear quarter panels up since it has no rear end and was sitting on the ground.

The Driver
08-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Since it happened in FL, I moved this to the FL sub-forum. I hope they find the car and the thieves.

Cxmoney
08-11-2013, 01:34 PM
damn that sucks so bad.

Ihatecars
08-11-2013, 01:56 PM
This makes me so upset.
I really hate thieves.

atank
08-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Hang'em up high with the rest of these crooks!!!!

etikoner
08-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Wow... what a sad ending. Post up a parts list. Those guys are hopefully dumb enough to start posting shit on craigslist.

SM16RMSM
08-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Well I wish I knew everything that the car has but it most likely all gone now. It was done by a professional group so their good at hiding their tracks basically. Only reason why we found the car was because the guy who had it just bought it and was bragging about his new toy. But he bought it as a shell to build.

Decibel Nation
08-13-2013, 09:41 AM
Pics are not working. Shoot me pics and I'll keep an eye around Tampa Bay Area