PDA

View Full Version : Motor Mount Squeak - How can I shut it up?

Calmdown
07-16-2013, 04:24 PM
I've got new motormounts that I had before I put the new motor in; and now the drivers side is squeaking like crazy once they warm up. The only thing different is that I've had them powdercoated.

Not sure if it's the rubber mount on the metal, or if it's the metal cup on the sub-frame, but whatever it is, I need to fix it... It's seriously doing my head in.

Anyone got any thoughts of what material I could use to put between them that can take the manifold temps?

Thanks in advance...

cd..

maharaj
07-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Turn up the radio? :lol: Maybe remove the mount and lube the side of it that is in contact with the motor? Just a thought.

Phatmiata
07-17-2013, 09:40 AM
Just jack up the motor and put in some marine grade anti-seize compound where the points meet. I'm saying "marine grade" so that it does not wash out with the first rain.

Bostik makes a good one called "Never-Seez" (Mariners Choice) #NMCBT-8 that I used on my Miata sway bars, squeaks have not returned in years, same with a friends Miata "Sparky95" and he drove his through some flooded areas for several years.

Calmdown
07-17-2013, 12:47 PM
I'll see if I can get it across the pond, thank you for the tip!

Phatmiata
07-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Yes Bostik is an international company, http://www.bostik.co.uk/

Jumbosrule
07-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Would be a patch... But a torque damper might stop enough of the vibration to silence them.

BoBo
07-30-2013, 06:06 PM
+1 on the "Never-Seez" (Mariners Choice). My uncles uses it one his boats, and it works for my my cars.