PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Forum color scheme?

concealer404
01-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Hey, is there any way to change the skin of the forum in the user settings? (Individual, not asking for a revamp of the whole thing just for one whiny bitch like me.)I hate to sound like a whiny bitch, but the red on white thing is hard for me to read. :)

MazRoadAdmin
01-05-2012, 12:08 PM
It would look awful, but I could probably make the default "blue/grey" color scheme available. Reds were chosen to go with the logo, of course. Also, the graphics (icons and such) were all updated to reds rather than blues. They'll probably look funky on a blue/grey scheme.

I won't have time to mess with that today, unfortunately.

On a similar note, if there are PARTICULAR areas that you are having trouble with, odds are, other people are, too. Let me know what those are, maybe making a font larger or bold, or slightly changing a background color or something would help. I'd actually prefer to do it that way if you can offer suggestions.

concealer404
01-05-2012, 12:10 PM
It's ok once i get into a thread... So let me sit back at some point today and figure out what's really giving me the problem.

Off the bat it's the sea of red that i get when i hit the "new posts" button.

I completely understand WHY red was chosen, it just messes with me a little. (Oh, and red is my least favorite color. :P )

Feedback to come later today! Appreciate the quick reply! :)

One thing that would probably help out would be to "darken" the background white? Maybe a light/medium grey? The more i look at it, it's not really the red itself that's the "problem," it's the combination of a bright color on a bright white.

MazRoadAdmin
01-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Okay, cool. Let me know how the darker reds work for you. I could change the thread titles to something a little darker. Maybe just bump all the red-on-white text colors down a notch.

concealer404
01-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Oops! Damn you're fast!

One thing that would probably help out would be to "darken" the background white? Maybe a light/medium grey? The more i look at it, it's not really the red itself that's the "problem," it's the combination of a bright color on a bright white.

concealer404
01-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Here we go. The .jpeg compression toned down the red a bit...

But the contrast of the bold red thread titles on the bright white background in the search results is a bit overwhelming. Same thing but to a slightly lesser degree when i click the "forum" button at the top and get the long list of all the sections. :)

http://indycarscene.com/photopost/data/500/RED1.JPG

WASABI
01-05-2012, 02:24 PM
I was looking to change colors up too. I'm sure there is lots to do, but this is an idea for the future.... Custom skins that, let's say be "inspired" by some of our member's cars. Revlimiter's Sharka comes to mind, with deep blues and blacks, and white racing stripes. Again, just an idea. Great work guys.

-Jim

phrenetiK
01-05-2012, 02:27 PM
My idea is just to make 2 skins, a bright white and red, and a darker one with more blacks and less white. all the white negative space hurts my eyes.

MazRoadAdmin
01-06-2012, 02:57 AM
Toned down the reds, enjoy.

Phat has talked about looking into some custom skins at some point, but I think there are bigger fish to fry just getting things going here.

WASABI
01-06-2012, 04:54 AM
Phat has talked about looking into some custom skins at some point, but I think there are bigger fish to fry just getting things going here.

COMPLETELY understand... I mean how hard is it to launch a silly little forum anyway? Good stuff so far guys!

-Jim

Agent☣Orange
01-06-2012, 07:46 AM
Sounds like this is resolved for now. If a member would like to revisit this later when the rush has died down, please PM a mod to reopen.