PDA

View Full Version : Ben Ellett / Boss Performance Memorial Stickers

JonB
08-13-2013, 08:59 PM
https://sphotos-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/1001116_10152139367228677_501309157_n.jpg

We here at Project-G were discussing with Randy George from MazdaRoadster.net on how we might be able to, in some part, show our support and maybe help out the family with any expenses. So, with a blessing from Ben's family, we are making a limited run of stickers we will make available for everyone. All that we ask is a small donation for Ben's family. THIS IS NOT A STICKER SALE, but just a way for us as a community to say thank you to Ben and to help out his family during this tough time.

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii491/Jonathan_Bartolome/BossPerformanceMemornialDecals_zps23f77f76.jpg (http://s1256.photobucket.com/user/Jonathan_Bartolome/media/BossPerformanceMemornialDecals_zps23f77f76.jpg.htm l)

With your donation of $5 or more, you will receive a sticker of Ben's avatar and a Boss Performance sticker. All proceeds will go to the family of Ben Ellett.

Donations can be made on this page: http://projectgla.com/boss/

Please make sure to include your shipping address so we can make sure to get your sticker pack out to you.
These stickers will also be available at the shop.

There is also a Memorial being held this Saturday at Ben's parents home in Ojai, CA. I am unsure of the time, but I will post up more information as I find it. More details can be found here http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/50-california-sponsored-gomiata-com/109810-ben-ellett-memorial-drive-ojai-ca.html.

Let's please keep this thread clean as this is not a discussion page. It's an announcement page and if you would like to leave a few kind words for Ben and his family, I'm sure nobody would object.

psulja
08-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Donated!

Rest in peace Ben! The Miata community has definitely lost one of its best members!

theothersawyer
08-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Donated!

Such a terrible loss! Hopefully enough money can be raised to ease the financial burden of losing a loved one on his family who is going through a hard enough time as it is!

Risingsun124
08-14-2013, 09:46 AM
As of this morning, we have just broken 60 donations. There are many generous amounts in there.
After the conclusion of the donation run, Project-G will keep Ben's donation page up as a permanent part of our site. This will include a list of all who have donated to the cause.

Keep them coming.

Phatmiata
08-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Donatated!! :bow:

atank
08-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Hope this helps out!

Ihatecars
08-14-2013, 02:22 PM
I wasn't able to give much, but I'm glad I could try to help Ben's loved ones out at least a little bit.

Rest in peace Ben.

tsingson
08-14-2013, 02:36 PM
I tried to donate but it said my card cannot be used?

Dandy
08-14-2013, 06:01 PM
I tried to donate but it said my card cannot be used?

Just a guess, but if you are trying to do the $5 amount, then it may not be enough to use a card. Mine came up as a direct withdrawal from my bank account and that is not my normal default.

Risingsun124
08-15-2013, 09:00 AM
Just an update:

As of this morning we are just shy of 90 donations! I'm sure Ben's family will be surprised how the community comes together in times like this. This community is awesome and I for one am proud to be a part of it. Let's keep the donations coming. We will print more stickers if needed.

Phatmiata
08-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Amazing!!! Let's get to 100 donations guys!!! Thank you Steve and the Project-G Crew for implementing this!!!

Risingsun124
08-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Update:
We have broken 100 donations!!!

We are so blown away by this community. Stickers are ready and will start shipping this week. Hopefully within the next day or so.

Great work all! Keep them coming. We are running this til the end of the month.

Martin
08-20-2013, 08:56 AM
That's awesome, guys! :drinkto:

Risingsun124
08-26-2013, 07:31 PM
We are on our last week of this and the response has been tremendous!!! Make sure to get your donations in. Every little bit helps. After the conclusion, we will be working on our memorial page complete with the list of everyone who has taken part in the donation drive. Thanks guys!

atank
08-26-2013, 08:45 PM
http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm351/atank_1/BOSS/DSC01264_zps8318ea93.jpg (http://s316.photobucket.com/user/atank_1/media/BOSS/DSC01264_zps8318ea93.jpg.html)

WASABI
08-27-2013, 10:12 AM
RIP Ben... donated. Thanks for doing this guys.

revlimiter
08-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Got my stickers yesterday. Thank you so much for doing this!

tsingson
08-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Got mine this morning. Will be finding a nice spot to put these.

Risingsun124
08-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Everyone:

It has been pointed out to me that we have not provided acceptable updates on the shipment of the sticker packs. I had mistakenly believed my post on the 19th was sufficient since we did ship by the end of that week and people have just started to receive their packs.

So to update you all, EVERYONE that had donated prior to August 23 had shipped on the 23rd. Since then, we have been shipping daily and are completely caught up. You guys have been great and the donations are amazing!

I suppose now is as good as any to also explain how this is working. I was going to wait til the end, but since I needed to clarify what is happening, I will post this also:

Project-G along with Randy George (PhatMiata) from MazdaRoadster.net will cover ALL the costs and labor associated with this donation drive. From contacting Ben's family, designing, submitting, approving, cutting, packaging, and shipping the stickers to Project-G, then organizing a payment method, generating a webpage for this purpose, running donation threads on 3 forums, cutting a batch of "special" stickers, sorting and packaging, keeping over 100 small orders accounted for, and finally shipping them, (Postage is also considered part of our cost) this is part of our contribution.

Keep in mind, this is all in addition to our normal grind. So please accept our apology if we are not updating to your satisfaction. It was suggested we had fallen short by not issuing a confirmation email for each and every donation. To everyone who feels this way, we are sorry, but we are really stretching to make this happen in a timely manner as is. We really didn't want to disclose what efforts have been going on behind the scenes, but since we were unaware there are people who are less than satisfied with how we are handling this, I felt it necessary to at least explain.

Please give the sticker packs some time to get to you. If they don't show up within 2 weeks of your donation, or by Sept. 7th for those of you who donated prior to August 23, let us know. The sticker packs consist of 1 of Ben's avatar, 1 Boss Performance Logo, 1 Special Edition MazdaRoadster.net, and 1 Special Boss Performance Edition Project-G die cut. This will be the only time we will produce this color combination.

We still have a couple days left. Keep the donations coming guys.

Thanks.

Martin
08-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Well, I think you did and are doing a great job. Thanks Project-G and Randy for doing this.

Phatmiata
08-29-2013, 12:04 PM
A lot of folks will never understand how much work goes into these things, Project-G has gone above and beyond to make this happen. All MazdaRoadster.net did was get the stickers to them, but they in turn, still have to do all the mailings plus their regular day to day events which makes this somewhat of is a logistical pain in the rear.

This is NOT about the stickers, this is about our friend "Ben", please keep that in mind folks, and know that Project-G will make good on their end, just have some patience with the US Postal Service.

PS, this is Labor Day weekend too, therefore, no mail on Monday, so keep that in mind too!

Phatmiata
08-29-2013, 12:09 PM
PSS

I love that word filter they have on our website address. :toomuch:

The sticker packs consist of 1 of Ben's avatar, 1 Boss Performance Logo, 1 Special Edition miata.net, and 1 Special Boss Performance Edition Project-G die cut. This will be the only time we will produce this color combination.

hahahhaha I love this, I need to get creative with it somehow. :teehee:

Now you are gonna get crotchy old men crying about not getting their Mnet stickers too

Risingsun124
08-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Ack!!! I was in a hurry and didn't change it. Sorry Randy. I knew I needed to change it and totally forgot.

speedypenguin
08-29-2013, 01:06 PM
Thank you Project-G and Randy for facilitating this. It's kind of disappointing to hear that some people are adament about getting the stickers ASAP...from my perspective, it was a nice surprise to see the special blue MR sticker and Project-G vinyl in addition to Ben's car and the BOSS performance logo. Hopefully people will see it that way...

On the plus side, I've actually had a couple of people come up to me and ask me about the sticker of Ben's car, and when I explained to them that this is how the Miata community supports a fellow member, they thought it was very cool. RIP Ben.

theothersawyer
08-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Wait, isn't this about helping relieve some of the financial burden of Bens family and showing his family the love and support the miata community has for Ben? Why are people complaining about not getting their stickers in time? That's not what this is about.

Thank you Randy and Project-G for putting this together. You guys are doing a fantastic job. Keep it up!

RIP Ben!

atank
08-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Wait, isn't this about helping relieve some of the financial burden of Bens family and showing his family the love and support the miata community has for Ben? Why are people complaining about not getting their stickers in time? That's not what this is about.

Thank you Randy and Project-G for putting this together. You guys are doing a fantastic job. Keep it up!

RIP Ben!

True!

iKhanh
08-30-2013, 02:02 AM
ahh man, i meant to do this earlier but i had to leave for work, but i just donated. RIP Ben..

Risingsun124
09-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Update:

Ok, so as of August 31, 2013 we have concluded this donation drive for Ben Ellett, the owner of Boss Performance and a prominent member of the Miata family.

Project-G and MazdaRoadster.net would like to extend a huge thank you to all who have participated and made this donate drive a success. You should all be proud to know you are all a part of this great community that has come together to help Ben's family in this tough time.

We will be sending a check to Ben's mother later today.

Thanks again. You guys make us proud to be a part of this community.

theothersawyer
09-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Do we have a final count as to how much was raised for his family?

Phatmiata
11-05-2013, 04:02 PM
http://mazdaroadster.net/ads/Boss-Performance_468_Apr2012.jpg

Hey guys & gals, I just got this email from Ben's family and wanted to share it with you all.

since Project-g organized most of this maybe Steve, Joey, or JonB can copy paste this note to the other related forums that donated, thanks everyone!!

Ben Ellett memorial bench

Hi, Randy.

Here are some pictures of the bench that the Project-G and Mazda Roadster .net fund raiser helped purchase. We were very happy to have his logo and avatar engraved on the plaque. As you can see, there is a very nice view from Ben's bench. We live on a scenic highway and on weekends you can hear happy car and motorcyclist enthusiasts cruising by.

Please forward these to the guys at Project-G so that they can share them with the many friends who pitched in.

Thank you again for reaching out and supporting us.

Warm regards,

Emily

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3669/10696255655_696559de84_b.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5501/10697138633_aaea262f04_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7348/10696873195_ae549696b6_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3798/10696952876_cea98e2571_b.jpg

Ihatecars
11-05-2013, 05:03 PM
I'm filled with all sorts of feels. Ben was so young.
The bench looks really great. I'm glad I was able to be a part of that.
Thank you Randy, and Project-G.

revlimiter
11-05-2013, 05:40 PM
I'm filled with all sorts of feels. Ben was so young.
The bench looks really great. I'm glad I was able to be a part of that.
Thank you Randy, and Project-G.

+1 on each statement. So many feels. I graduated high school when he was 2.

Thank you to everyone who made this possible.

WASABI
11-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Damn sad, but touching. I can see Ben forever driving through the hills, at one with his car. It's tough loosing someone like this. Thanks for doing this for him.

atank
11-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Very Touching Memorial.....

theothersawyer
11-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Didn't realize he was so young! He was almost exactly one year older than I am! Still makes me sad thinking about it. Glad to have helped in the purchase of his memorial!

Risingsun124
11-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks for posting Randy. Thank you all for supporting Ben's Family. This is very touching.

tsingson
11-07-2013, 03:22 PM
The tribute stickers will be staying on the car. I usually don't leave any stickers on but these have a permanent home.

Phatmiata
11-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Thanks for posting Randy. Thank you all for supporting Ben's Family. This is very touching.

Hey Steve, maybe add those photos to your memorial link, and let the guys on the other forums see the nice pics.

God Bless, Rest In Peace Ben.