PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Peek of the RM demo car interior for Mazfest 2013

RetroModern
08-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Not sure how many of you will be at Mazfest, but if youre not going to be, here's a sneak peek of the RM interior. The car belongs to one of my customers who tracks it but wants to have a bare basics type of interior. He also wants to keep the weight down. This is what i came up with for the center console. Ill take pictures of the rest later. All of the pieces are hand crafted except for Adam's Art Deco rings..which are on loan for the show. Those suckers are coming back to me! :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/p480x480/1209077_502250506534984_2137726571_n.jpg

Phatmiata
08-23-2013, 09:53 PM
did you make the A/C vent rings too? Are you expanding your line to more itms now like that panel? Looks great so far! You are becoming the US version of Art-Works Dewa!

RetroModern
08-23-2013, 10:53 PM
thanks man,i made everything but the vent rings, which are by our illustrious RevLimiter. I snagged his last set of Art Deco rings. I was going to save it for the speedster but this car needed some help in that dept, so its on loan for the show. Im pretty stoked about the show, my first one as a vendor. :D

Yes, i will be offering some more items soon, depending on what kind of response i get.

Dandy
08-24-2013, 10:44 AM
Good luck at the show. The demo looks great.

Phatmiata
08-26-2013, 08:56 AM
How was the show? Got any more pics?

RetroModern
08-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Just got back about an hr or so ago from an extended stay in So Cal. The show was a let down. Half of the registered vendors didnt even bother to show up. It seem that it more of a track day with vendors thrown in to make up the deficit rather than an official gathering like Miatapolooza. On the other hand, the car looked great and i got to meet Chase in person. I didnt take any pictures since i was running on zero sleep the last 24hrs leading up to it, and it was way too hot for movement. I dont know how those people who live there do it.

On a side note, the block off plate was a big hit with the people who bothered to come see it so i will be doing a few more. Look for it in the light vendor section.

Hammy
09-24-2013, 02:33 PM
That is a lovely console plate... love it. Liking what has been done to that.... off to have a look at your sponsor stuff for inspiration :)

Phatmiata
09-24-2013, 02:37 PM
You need an button that says "seat ejector" to freak out non-miata owners :teehee:

Hammy
09-24-2013, 03:01 PM
You need an button that says "seat ejector" to freak out non-miata owners :teehee:
:lol:

That's just the right idea... that's what I intend to do with the 'left' switch on my dash panel. It will say: DO NOT USE!