PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Wire Problems.

Muhahata
08-24-2013, 10:10 PM
I recently bought a 96' with headrest speakers. They were all shot to hell. I replaced them to only find out that the driver's side speakers were not working.
I found some horrible tangle of wires that essentially had the original headrest speakers cut and deleted and the remaining two wires were attached to a new door speaker which was tacky installed and had the two wires running back under the door sill to the seat.

I unattached the tangle and reattached the appropriate wires to the headrest speaker wires (they work now).

Now here is the problem.....

The aftermarket speaker when attached to the stock door speaker wires doesnt work....
I removed the head unit and all wires look to be placed correctly according to diagram.

I got fustrated and try to use the door sill wiring to attach back in line with the head rest speakers and now the door speakers dont work at all although the head rest speakers are still working.

Any tips to try and figure out this speaker wire issue? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
J

SM16RMSM
08-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Got any pictures? The headrest speakers, is it using the stock wiring or new wiring? I lost on that part. The stock wiring is pretty thin and there should be two sets, one set for each speaker.

kung fu jesus
09-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Double check the wiring to the speakers. You may need a multitester to check for current and resistance. There may be a break in the wire, the speaker could be inop, or the impedance *could* be off.