PDA

View Full Version : FIA approved seats or not for hpde

BoBo
08-30-2013, 04:24 PM
I am looking to go to a hpde in a couple of months and I would like to get bucket seats that will hold me down, such as a MOMO or CORBEAU. I noticed that the non FIA seats are cheaper, so my question is, will that be OK to use for a non competitive track event ?

I bought a momo seat on my track prepared 92 before and it was fia approved, so I just want make sure its OK to get cheaper seats since I still have to buy other stuff for my car as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

DK Wolf
08-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Yes, non-FIA seats will be totally ok at most HPDE events as a lot of those cars are running on factory safety equipment (except for the verts, I believe most will have you have a rollbar) you'll need a helmet and stuff. But you shouldn't need an FIA seat for HPDE.

BoBo
08-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Thanks, I'm already equip with sa2010 helmet, I have done a couple events previously. However, I am not familiar with the seating rules. But that's good to know that I don't need an fia approved seat. When I wear my helmet I believe its equal height of the roll-bar, which makes it bad for the broom stick test. Hopefully some aftermarket seats will lower my seat height by at least an inch or so. Head room sucks on a miata.