PDA

View Full Version : Kicking-the-tires, fun chat w/YellowYata & Thumper13

afc2112
09-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Anyone heard about what's going on for next years Miatapalooza 2014 or is it too early in the process.

mini_fd
09-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Go to sleep. Its to early.

Spinnywhoosh
09-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Wayyyy too early. Need more events until then.

afc2112
09-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Knowing how much work Randy put in last year, I don't think it is. But that's just me.

I<3flippyheadlights
09-04-2013, 04:21 PM
I think he started planning around August of last year. It took him a LOT of time and effort to get it all together.

Phatmiata
09-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Anyone heard about what's going on for next year or is it too early in the process.

pahleazzzeeee

Let a brother get some sleep!!! :cry2: Way too early, I am burnt out right now, it's hard for me to even make it to local events, let alone post them up and plan them.............

And yes it was about 6 ~ 8 months of planning, and the last 3 months was just nuts. :gonk:

cbaylis77
09-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Feel free to push it back a few weeks. That would work out great for me! :p

Agent☣Orange
09-05-2013, 05:30 AM
I'm all for making it in the winter next year which in Florida means a chilly 75-80 degrees. Last two times felt like my face was melting off.

SM16RMSM
09-05-2013, 06:27 AM
400+ car count anyone?

miata2fast
09-05-2013, 07:43 AM
I had a great time at the last one. It was the first one I fully attended, I arrived late to the party a few years back when most of the cars were gone. I would love to, for once, drive my working Miata there.

Phatmiata
09-10-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm all for making it in the winter next year which in Florida means a chilly 75-80 degrees. Last two times felt like my face was melting off.

Yeah it started off kinda chilly in the morning and then got hot in the afternoon, ugh.

Maybe we can look at cooler month, but from some reason I remember this was the best time of year? maybe that lot is full during the cooler months or something? i don't really recall.

I would also the they help of my friendly neighbor Miata club Members (TampaBayMiatas) afc2112 does that mean you are willing to run parking lot duty again?

miata2fast
09-10-2013, 03:51 PM
It was in April right? The weather is more predictably sunny and dry that time of year. That is, for Florida's standards. How many planning meetings do you perform before hand?

Ron
09-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Phat, when you do start to get things going give me a call.

I<3flippyheadlights
09-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Randy, you know I got your back if you decide to do it again!

afc2112
09-11-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm in to help out.

Agent☣Orange
09-11-2013, 05:58 PM
I'll show up to sign autographs.

Thumper13
09-11-2013, 07:17 PM

I'll contribute $$$ if you stay home !!!!!!!

Martin
09-11-2013, 07:18 PM
$100 is as high as I will go for one

Thumper13
09-11-2013, 07:22 PM
$100 is as high as I will go for one

Don't get this wack job started. It's bad enough he bought a Z.......... He better be wearing that Yellow sundress and his make up..............Yata you really are a sweet thang when you get dressed up purdy like that. Hell,I'll even buy you a dinner.

Agent☣Orange
09-11-2013, 07:26 PM
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Humor/Faces/gross_zps7a5ba21b.jpg

Thumper13
09-11-2013, 07:38 PM
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Humor/Faces/gross_zps7a5ba21b.jpg

That was your before pic, you know, before the surgery. That goes back to your old gay bikers gang days. I am glad you stopped hanging out with those guys, a very queer bunch. No you numb nuts not queer as in gay but queer as in very strange.

Phatmiata
09-11-2013, 09:24 PM
^^ Lovers spat, typical^^

anyways..... back on topic

It was in April right? The weather is more predictably sunny and dry that time of year. That is, for Florida's standards. How many planning meetings do you perform before hand?

Yeah that sounds right, any other month is too hot, too rainy, too love buggy, maybe October would be a good month, mostly dry, somewhat cooler, and Thumper13 won't have to get dressed up for Halloween.

Planning meetings? I think we had something like 5? 3 in tampa, and 2 at the location

Thumper13
09-12-2013, 08:59 AM
:toomuch: I am remembering your hat from last year.

mini_fd
09-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Some guys a couple states up north might want to come. We somehow need to make this a weekend event where either islands of adventure is included in a group discount Disney so forth. I know we can't rival matg but its the second biggest.meet that rivals.

Thumper13
09-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Some guys a couple states up north might want to come. We somehow need to make this a weekend event where either islands of adventure is included in a group discount Disney so forth. I know we can't rival matg but its the second biggest.meet that rivals.

One of the problems with that idea is Randy has always wanted to have this event free to attend. I think we all agree with him. Having a space large enough to hold 400+ cars ,anywhere near there, for FREE to use,is not an easy task. He and I have searched for somewhere like this in the past but have yet to find a place that is not going to charge us $$$.

The big attraction of MATG and MiB is driving those great mountain roads and those events are certainly FAR from free. Just something to consider.

SM16RMSM
09-12-2013, 04:59 PM
One of the problems with that idea is Randy has always wanted to have this event free to attend. I think we all agree with him. Having a space large enough to hold 400+ cars ,anywhere near there, for FREE to use,is not an easy task. He and I have searched for somewhere like this in the past but have yet to find a place that is not going to charge us $$$.

The big attraction of MATG and MiB is driving those great mountain roads and those events are certainly FAR from free. Just something to consider.

Words of wisdom here. I think I know of a place that we could possible use in the future too. But it located in Maitland FL. Right off I-4 and Maitland Blvd. I could also get food and BBQ arrange since the property has a full kitchen and BBQ pit. Outdoor and indoor seating. Plenty of parking to go along with.

Thumper13
09-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Words of wisdom here. I think I know of a place that we could possible use in the future too. But it located in Maitland FL. Right off I-4 and Maitland Blvd. I could also get food and BBQ arrange since the property has a full kitchen and BBQ pit. Outdoor and indoor seating. Plenty of parking to go along with.

Maitland is a good spot,it's right off the main traffic routes,easy enough to get to ( and closer for me than Lakeland is :mrgreen: )

Agent☣Orange
09-12-2013, 06:18 PM
What about Fort DeSoto park in St Pete? Plenty of parking and trees. I wouldn't mind a place like that with a big pavillion and BBQ stands.

SM16RMSM
09-12-2013, 06:24 PM
What about Fort DeSoto park in St Pete? Plenty of parking and trees. I wouldn't mind a place like that with a big pavillion and BBQ stands.

I don't think Fort DeSoto has enough parking.

Phatmiata
09-12-2013, 06:50 PM
It would most likely be Hooters again, unless we can find a reasonably priced place we can rent.

Dandy
09-12-2013, 06:57 PM
For what it's worth, my Hooters' server treated me real nice.:mrgreen:

Thumper13
09-12-2013, 10:46 PM
It would most likely be Hooters again, unless we can find a reasonably priced place we can rent.

If we continue to grow an even 1/4 of the pace there ain't nuff room there.

mini_fd
09-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Even if the event is cheap i mean how many of us hard parkers pay for a event? Lol this guy right here real soon lol. Well i mean for the amount of giveaway you did last year charging for the event will not only enhance the experience to a more upscale place but also take it to another level. The gifts were outrageous and don't think its a bad idea charging 10/15 dollars a car. Pre registration required and a separate registration that show up.

I honestly think we need to organize a larger scale for everyone to park.

Thumper13
09-13-2013, 05:51 AM
Even if the event is cheap i mean how many of us hard parkers pay for a event? Lol this guy right here real soon lol. Well i mean for the amount of giveaway you did last year charging for the event will not only enhance the experience to a more upscale place but also take it to another level. The gifts were outrageous and don't think its a bad idea charging 10/15 dollars a car. Pre registration required and a separate registration that show up.

I honestly think we need to organize a larger scale for everyone to park.

So...............when is your first planning meeting ?

Agent☣Orange
09-13-2013, 05:58 AM
The more the people willing to help out, the bigger and better the event.

Unk577
09-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Randy, call me if you need/want some help. I know a hotel owner near Lakeland that might be able to give attendees a discount. And anything else I can help with

Spinnywhoosh
09-13-2013, 01:00 PM
I like where this thread is goin >:)

SM16RMSM
09-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Thumper and I are cooking up something. Stay tuned.

Thumper13
09-13-2013, 02:23 PM

Knowing us.............beware may be a better phrase

afc2112
09-18-2013, 07:50 PM

Interesting development....

Agent☣Orange
09-18-2013, 07:54 PM
They're probably just sending self pr0n to each other.

theothersawyer
09-18-2013, 09:23 PM
I'll probably end up coming down for the event again!

SM16RMSM
09-18-2013, 09:36 PM

I don't know, the photos he has of you is pretty bad. You take gay to a whole new level Yata. No wonder you where in a Gay Biker Gang.

Thumper13
09-19-2013, 05:40 AM
I don't know, the photos he has of you is pretty bad. You take gay to a whole new level Yata. No wonder you where in a Gay Biker Gang.

:toomuch:

afc2112
09-19-2013, 10:49 AM

On the assumption that they're actually putting something together. I'm guessing Task #1 would be finding a location big enough.

HELLIONMX5
09-19-2013, 10:49 AM
what about FSU we can meet there on sunday for miatapalooza. and take a drive around the Apalachicola trails. saw some nice roads on gmaps... I would have to copy pasta and MSpaint it. BRB.

or maybe panama, Pensacola, or some of the state parks a little east of the later.

The Driver
09-19-2013, 11:02 AM
what about FSU we can meet there on sunday for miatapalooza. and take a drive around the Apalachicola trails. saw some nice roads on gmaps... I would have to copy pasta and MSpaint it. BRB.

or maybe panama, Pensacola, or some of the state parks a little east of the later.

Right, lets make the all FL meet, 6-10 hours away from the major population centers in the state. Come on man, for real?

Besides, to have true class it would have to be in Gainesville, not in Criminolehasse...

Oh wait, how about reaching out to "Grassroots Motorsports"? They are Daytona based, and they have connections with the drag strip in Gainesville...

HELLIONMX5
09-19-2013, 11:12 AM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/HELLION240SX/mplza14_zps6e46c28e.png (http://s33.photobucket.com/user/HELLION240SX/media/mplza14_zps6e46c28e.png.html)

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/HELLION240SX/mplza142_zps74917101.png (http://s33.photobucket.com/user/HELLION240SX/media/mplza142_zps74917101.png.html)

so its an all florida meet? thought it was a Miata gathering......

I came from Nola, so yeah, if ppl want to go they will go. the gap is 13 hours away from me. I went 3 years in a row....

I'm down for gainsville as well! I have a friend or to there. hah! now that I think about it I joined the gnv Miata forum as well.

Also thinking of a place that will hold that many cars, especially if its growing.

The Driver
09-19-2013, 11:24 AM
so its an all florida meet? thought it was a Miata gathering......

I came from Nola, so yeah, if ppl want to go they will go. the gap is 13 hours away from me. I went 3 years in a row....

I'm down for gainsville as well! I have a friend or to there. hah! now that I think about it I joined the gnv Miata forum as well.

Also thinking of a place that will hold that many cars, especially if its growing.

By any chance, did you happen to see where this is posted? Let me give you a little hint: "Forum/LIFESTYLE, REGIONAL & EVENTSREGIONAL • United States/FLORIDA/Miatapalooza 2014.

Sure, everyone is welcome (even exiled ex-Floridians, or so I hear), but this event is geared towards FL.

MATG, is a very large event that draws people from all over, as you stated, and to a degree so does this event. But the primary focus for this are the FL Miata owners.

HELLIONMX5
09-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Lol. Yeah that's fine. Idc where it was going to be or will be. But if yall had it in key west ppl would make arrangements to go.

I vote for gainesville! Hell I like the idea of having acess to a track as well.

Got it, focuses on floridians.

Besides, just throwing suggestions out there.

Phatmiata
09-19-2013, 12:18 PM
All good info, and actually the reason I changed the name from the old "All Florida Meet" to the new "Miatapalooza" was the intent to have a Miatapalooza event in other parts of the country, or to make it more friendly to all to attend here in Florida. We have been getting bigger and bigger each time we do this and more and more folks have come from places outside of Florida, so again that was the main reason for the name change. Plus the new name just sounds like more fun. :blaugh2:

The Driver
09-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Lol. Yeah that's fine. Idc where it was going to be or will be. But if yall had it in key west ppl would make arrangements to go.

I vote for gainesville! Hell I like the idea of having acess to a track as well.

Got it, focuses on floridians.

Besides, just throwing suggestions out there.

Tell you what, you Fed Ex me a dozen Donuts from Blue Dot Donuts, in Mid Town NOLA, and I'll see what I can do to have the event done in the Frech Quarter...

http://bluedotdonuts.com/

Thumper13
09-19-2013, 12:52 PM
On the assumption that they're actually putting something together. I'm guessing Task #1 would be finding a location big enough.

Assume away, yes we are scouting out sites and yes Task #1 is the main consideration ( D'OH ) This doesn't mean ya'll can't throw up, xcuse me, in any suggestions too.

While we are waiting for his Phatness to decide on a plan, ASSuming he does, we are getting a jump on looking for a place that has at least as much parking as last year,maybe a bunch more shade,and a restaurant nearby.

The Driver
09-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Assume away, yes we are scouting out sites and yes Task #1 is the main consideration ( D'OH ) This doesn't mean ya'll can't throw up, xcuse me, in any suggestions too.

While we are waiting for his Phatness to decide on a plan, ASSuming he does, we are getting a jump on looking for a place that has at least as much parking as last year,maybe a bunch more shade,and a restaurant nearby.

Read post #47... :wink:

HELLIONMX5
09-19-2013, 02:08 PM
http://www.creolecreamery.com/tchoupitoulas/

I'll see your donuts, and raise you a tchoupitoulas challenge.

What is it you ask?

http://www.creolecreamery.com/menu-cs/

Bottom right.

I cam scout if need be.
Indoor event even?

The Driver
09-19-2013, 02:16 PM
http://www.creolecreamery.com/tchoupitoulas/

I'll see your donuts, and raise you a tchoupitoulas challenge.

What is it you ask?

http://www.creolecreamery.com/menu-cs/

Bottom right.

I cam scout if need be.
Indoor event even?

I got Creole Cremery on my FB "likes" same as Blue Dot. Creole Creamery was about 4 blocks of where I lived in Uptown, and like Blue Dot's a big reason of why I gained 15 lbs in only 9 months of living in NOLA...

Here in Denver we got ice cream shops that are as good as CC, but good donuts are next to impossible to find...

MX5RACER
09-19-2013, 02:26 PM
What about holding Miatapalooza 2014 at Sebring Raceway? I instruct with Chin Motorsports, I can talk to them and see if they would be willing to let us use the infield paddock area between turns 16 and 17. There would 300+ Miata's and a track day all at the same location! Let me know what you think.

The Driver
09-19-2013, 02:27 PM
What about holding Miatapalooza 2014 at Sebring Raceway? I instruct with Chin Motorsports, I can talk to them and see if they would be willing to let us use the infield paddock area between turns 16 and 17. There would 300+ Miata's and a track day all at the same location! Let me know what you think.

I believe his Royal Phatness tried and they wanted MAJOR BUCKOS! $$$$

Thumper13
09-19-2013, 02:44 PM
I believe his Royal Phatness tried and they wanted MAJOR BUCKOS! $$$$

They wanted more the major $$$ They wanted Mega Bucks !! Last time I checked ( recently ) it was well over 12 grand per day.

Thumper13
09-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Right, lets make the all FL meet, 6-10 hours away from the major population centers in the state. Come on man, for real?

Besides, to have true class it would have to be in Gainesville, not in Criminolehasse...

Oh wait, how about reaching out to "Grassroots Motorsports"? They are Daytona based, and they have connections with the drag strip in Gainesville...

They are good people, I've been there several times. I asked it they would let me do a story with Kabels pics from Miatapalooza 2013. David informed me his own guy would be there and cover the pics as well. I gave him my card and asked him to let me know if we could be of help. I stopped back at their offices last month and asked What Happened ?. At the last minute something more important came up.

Now,these are the same guys that gave me over 6 boxes of magazines,several free 1 year subscriptions and 100 1 free trial magazine. There is a test road race track up there with a g pad and i know of the guys here or at the other Boo Hiss Miata site have been there before. There is also a track called the Firm. They are
on my list for next week. I'll try with Grassroots but if anybody has a good contact at The Firm,please speak up

Phatmiata
09-19-2013, 02:56 PM

Chin wanted 10K per day in advance, plus there is really NOTHING to do in the Sebring area, the onsite food was too pricey, and would never be able to handle 400 people, and Sebring is in the middle of nowhere ville. Both times we hosted it there the turnout was lack luster, less than 80 miatas, and it was free back then too!

Orlando or Tampa have the most tourist type stuff around the area. So it will most likely be in those areas.

The Driver
09-19-2013, 03:05 PM
All good info, and actually the reason I changed the name from the old "All Florida Meet" to the new "Miatapalooza" was the intent to have a Miatapalooza event in other parts of the country, or to make it more friendly to all to attend here in Florida. We have been getting bigger and bigger each time we do this and more and more folks have come from places outside of Florida, so again that was the main reason for the name change. Plus the new name just sounds like more fun. :blaugh2:

If this ever is brought to CO, watch 100K potheads, bringing brownies showing up for a rock festival...

MX5RACER
09-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Chin wanted 10K per day in advance, plus there is really NOTHING to do in the Sebring area, the onsite food was too pricey, and would never be able to handle 400 people, and Sebring is in the middle of nowhere ville. Both times we hosted it there the turnout was lack luster, less than 80 miatas, and it was free back then too!

Orlando or Tampa have the most tourist type stuff around the area. So it will most likely be in those areas.

I think they maybe understood that you wanted to hold an exlusive Chin event for Miatapalooza, which would make sense to the $10k per day rental fee. I was talking about scheduling Miatapalooza in conjunction with an already scheduled Chin event; either way, I believe we have discussed this a few years ago too.

Unk577
09-19-2013, 03:10 PM
They are good people, I've been there several times. I asked it they would let me do a story with Kabels pics from Miatapalooza 2013. David informed me his own guy would be there and cover the pics as well. I gave him my card and asked him to let me know if we could be of help. I stopped back at their offices last month and asked What Happened ?. At the last minute something more important came up.

Now,these are the same guys that gave me over 6 boxes of magazines,several free 1 year subscriptions and 100 1 free trial magazine. There is a test road race track up there with a g pad and i know of the guys here or at the other Boo Hiss Miata site have been there before. There is also a track called the Firm. They are
on my list for next week. I'll try with Grassroots but if anybody has a good contact at The Firm,please speak up

The firm is a great lil track and their prices are good, BUT their paddock area will not accommodate the cars that will be there. 100 cars might exceed their capacity. Unless something has changed there in the last 12 months I don't think it will work.

Gainesville raceway might be a good idea. Very large piece of property and you could use their road course as a auto-cross and charge per lap. Might be a good idea to get the FAST guys involved if you wanted to do that.

If you want to do it at a track then you will be limited to Serbring, Daytona, Homestead, and maybe PBIR

Phatmiata
09-19-2013, 03:16 PM
The firm is a great lil track and their prices are good, BUT their paddock area will not accommodate the cars that will be there. 100 cars might exceed their capacity. Unless something has changed there in the last 12 months I don't think it will work.

Gainesville raceway might be a good idea. Very large piece of property and you could use their road course as a auto-cross and charge per lap. Might be a good idea to get the FAST guys involved if you wanted to do that.

If you want to do it at a track then you will be limited to Serbring, Daytona, Homestead, and maybe PBIR

If we made it at a track they will also require a rollbar, which would in turn make us loose more than half of the people attending, so I would tend to stay away from the track until we are a much bigger group.

Unk577
09-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Personally I like Hooters, it's on I-4(and only 15 minutes away);)

Agent☣Orange
09-19-2013, 03:24 PM
I think this could grow to a huge, regional biennial event.

Thumper13
09-19-2013, 03:25 PM
If this ever is brought to CO, watch 100K potheads, bringing brownies showing up for a rock festival...

I'm moving to Colorado and opening an all night doughnut and candy shop, with a medical marijuana store right next to the 7-11 I'll open.

Agent☣Orange
09-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Not without me you're not. We'll need a 24hr Taco Bell franchise too.

Thumper13
09-19-2013, 03:29 PM
I think this could grow to a huge, regional biennial event.

There you go with your Gay comments again. You'd do anything Bi,wouldn't you ?

I am glad you posted the picture of your horned girlfriend in the Yellow farewell thread. How does she like Agent Orange ?

If you ask Phat,twice a year,we'd need to visit him in a home ( Asylum ) to plan the meets.

Agent☣Orange
09-19-2013, 03:31 PM
You like meats, don't you?

Thumper13
09-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Not without me you're not. We'll need a 24hr Taco Bell franchise too.

OK,you didn't think I'd leave the best Shemale at home did you ?

OK Taco Bell works but a Dunkin Donuts will be a killer with several candy aisles.

You Chuckle Haid....Meets Meets,not your kind of meat,although you look damned good in that yellow sundress.

Back on point, while race tracks are really cool venues they are not practical if we want to stick with Phat's desire to always keep this meet free to attendees.

We'll just keep looking,we've only started last week. We're hoping by starting this early the planning stages get done sooner without the last minute strain on " HIS PHATNESS " and his small but faithful band of volunteers.

Thumper13
09-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Personally I like Hooters, it's on I-4(and only 15 minutes away);)

It will make a good fall back option but a change of venue might be welcome, maybe catch fellow Miataphiles from a different area of the Country. Just throwin this out as chum but how about the Panhandle or somewhere closer to Jax.

The Driver
09-19-2013, 03:51 PM
If we made it at a track they will also require a rollbar, which would in turn make us loose more than half of the people attending, so I would tend to stay away from the track until we are a much bigger group.
So Sebring requires rollbars, how about the Gainesville track?

I'm moving to Colorado and opening an all night doughnut and candy shop, with a medical marijuana store right next to the 7-11 I'll open.
You are kinda late to that party...

You like meats, don't you?

Gay drama in the Miata forums, so overrated...

Thumper13
09-19-2013, 03:57 PM
OK,so Florida will not be far behind Col. Gov. Scott is not beneath legalizing pot for everybody. This way he can come out of the closet. You never read about a politician failing a piss test. Hmmmmm wonder why ?

Agent Orange & Little Menace -Pot and Munchie Cafe. Open 24/7 365 days a year.

Unk577
09-19-2013, 04:14 PM
It will make a good fall back option but a change of venue might be welcome, maybe catch fellow Miataphiles from a different area of the Country. Just throwin this out as chum but how about the Panhandle or somewhere closer to Jax.

Then you make it a 6+ hour drive for south Florida. I-4 wether it is Tampa, Orlando, Daytona is probably your best bet. Panhandle guys....sorry you live in BFE.. Lets do it Daytona Beach! I'll bring my truck and charge $20/car to pull em out of the sand:whistling:

tsingson
09-19-2013, 04:34 PM
I may have to trailer my NB down for one so I can take the family.

The Driver
09-19-2013, 04:37 PM
I may have to trailer my NB down for one so I can take the family.

If done in late March, early April, I may have to drive my azz there...

Thumper13
09-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Then you make it a 6+ hour drive for south Florida. I-4 wether it is Tampa, Orlando, Daytona is probably your best bet. Panhandle guys....sorry you live in BFE.. Lets do it Daytona Beach! I'll bring my truck and charge $20/car to pull em out of the sand:whistling:

That would be East B.F.E.

Daytona Beach is always a great place, hmmmm MAYBE Rossmeyer MAY let us use their place even though we are a klan of 4 wheeled vehicles. I think I'll cruise up there Monday. I bet they may be happy, gives them a captive audience of over 400 people to browse their shop, maybe even buy a bike. Might make a good kicker in my proposal to them.
The one good thing ( silver lining ) about being unemployed is I currently have way too much free time and the wife is glad to give me gas money just to get me out of the house for a day.

Your Phatness, a Miatapalooza shirt with a Harley Logo may look pretty Bad Azzed.

afc2112
09-19-2013, 05:57 PM

Not if you made into a weekend event. Car show one day. Track day on the next. Plus having it as a two day event would make it even more worthwhile for those who travel longer distances.

Just a thought.

As a side note, how big is the place that hosts Episode M?

morr
09-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Not if you made into a weekend event. Car show one day. Track day on the next. Plus having it as a two day event would make it even more worthwhile for those who travel longer distances.

Just a thought.

I would be down for a 2 day event. Granted, I have a rollbar but I would be traveling a few hours to get there. So making it a 2 day event with hardparking plus spirited driving would just make it even more awesome for us out-of-towners :lol:

SM16RMSM
09-19-2013, 09:52 PM

Task #1 is almost complete. I'm making arrangements to look at the spot this weekend and Thumper is tagging along too. Details to follow next week after the finding are reported back to our great leader PhatMiata

:worship:

As for the spot in question, it looks like we can fit somewhere around 340 car and have room to spare. They say up to 400 cars but with extra previsions (race teams), 350 won't be that hard of a number to fit in with room to grow a bit. There is also a church next door so overflow parking and non Miata can park over there.

Thumper13
09-20-2013, 03:42 PM
OMG Randy may never be the same.

Our Great Leader.......is he related to the beloved leader Kim ?

SM,you haven't been playing with Yata's goat again have you ? It's a male,please tell me you're not drinking the milk.

Agent☣Orange
09-20-2013, 03:53 PM
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Humor/Faces/user647_pic54503_1346007757_zps29d5552f.jpeg

SM16RMSM
09-20-2013, 05:00 PM
And here I thought the dictatorship was going perfect? I was wondering when the tax bill would apply for each post. Who needs goats when you got cows.

Thumper13
09-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Lets leave your farm animals alone for now.

Unk577
09-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Did someone say farm animals? I'm in

Thumper13
09-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Did someone say farm animals? I'm in

I knew there was something about you I like.

Agent☣Orange
09-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Leave my f*ing goat out of this. Get your own!

The Driver
09-20-2013, 08:48 PM
U people are disgusting, I think I need another brownie...

afc2112
09-20-2013, 10:04 PM
You guys need to exhibit some self control and moderate your posts. At the very least, take it to PM.

Agent☣Orange
09-20-2013, 10:09 PM
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Humor/Faces/IMG_6115_zps6dcb8a59.gif

Thumper13
09-21-2013, 08:07 AM

Do you share, I could use one or two,maybe three today. The job hunting is going slow so maybe I'll grow my own. PM me your recipe !

Back on point I think/maybe SM and I are going to head up to Rosssmeyers in Ormond Beach ( maybe tomorrow ) to see if they'd let us use their facilities. Lots of new things to add for Miatapalooza attendees if Rossmeyer agrees.

p.s. Driver: send some PLEASE:frantic:

Thumper13
09-21-2013, 08:14 AM

Secretly I think this is why Phat loves us

afc2112
09-21-2013, 09:51 AM
Try not to scare off any newbs thinking of attending for the first time with your homophobic and pro-homo comments. At the very least, it makes the thread more cluttered and pointless.

Unk577
09-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Hey, it's the fun police. Didn't realize this was m.net:wtf:

Thumper13
09-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Gee,I kind of feel like the little kid who lost his point and his trusted dog that went in search of the point. I'm pretty sure brownie lovers ( or former Brownie lovers ) like The Driver,Phat,or myself remember that movie....I think it was called Arrow or had something to do with an arrow.

Anyway,back to the point.....Little Rob ( SM abbreviation ) and I are going hunting for a place between Daytona and St Augustine for Miatapalooza tomorrow. You guys can figure out who is the dog and who is the pointless little kid. If all you out their in LaLa land have any suggestions for places to check out in that general vicinity please post away. Rob and I will be heading out from our CRIBS around 9:00 AM tomorrow morning.

Agent☣Orange
09-21-2013, 03:39 PM
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Humor/Faces/IMG_6111_zpsd9ceaea3.gif

Thumper13
09-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Not funny on so many levels...then again I just spewed Gatorade all over my key board. This is Yatahumor.

The Driver
09-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Do you share, I could use one or two,maybe three today. The job hunting is going slow so maybe I'll grow my own. PM me your recipe !

Back on point I think/maybe SM and I are going to head up to Rosssmeyers in Ormond Beach ( maybe tomorrow ) to see if they'd let us use their facilities. Lots of new things to add for Miatapalooza attendees if Rossmeyer agrees.

p.s. Driver: send some PLEASE:frantic:

Thumper, that was just a joke; I'm a Federal Agent, and that's no joke. PS: look at my profile...

Agent☣Orange
09-21-2013, 10:02 PM
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Humor/Faces/3f993d88.jpg

Andy
09-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Wow I walk into this thread and feel like this.
http://xtechbiz.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/hidinghomer.gif?w=600&h=450

RuckkehrMiata
09-21-2013, 11:44 PM
I used to know a few places here in Orlando that would have worked wonderfully for a huge meet, unfortunately the climate has changed quite a bit in the last 4 years...

Thumper13
09-22-2013, 07:20 AM
Thumper, that was just a joke; I'm a Federal Agent, and that's no joke. PS: look at my profile...

What are you talking about...............I LOVE BROWNIES, I'm on this danged diet and I'd do something really silly or even dangerous for just one with some walnuts and a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, other than that I have NO IDEA what you're inferring:shocked:

SM16RMSM
09-22-2013, 07:56 AM

Thumper13
09-22-2013, 01:40 PM

Not too worry, your secret of having a sense of humor is safe with me. :mrgreen:

The Driver
09-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Try not to scare off any newbs thinking of attending for the first time with your homophobic and pro-homo comments. At the very least, it makes the thread more cluttered and pointless.

Lighten up, Francis.

afc2112
09-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Hey, it's the fun police. Didn't realize this was m.net:wtf:

WTF indeed.

You guys have actually turned a thread into 8 pages full of BS and pointless drivel. You can do whatever you want, I'm not going to babysit your asses. I'm just suggesting that people be a little more constructive instead of just adding more BS.

But hey, I'm not a super moderator or an administrator or anything...

It's ok though. I'll show myself out.

So long gay boys!

Agent☣Orange
09-23-2013, 09:27 PM
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Humor/Faces/good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-11_zps293fda19.jpg

SM16RMSM
09-23-2013, 10:01 PM
A sensor of humor can go along way. Plus, not all 8 pages are BS, only a few.

http://swiftor.com/attachments/f7/12936d1340047901t-official-funny-gifs-thread-regret-nothing-dalek-doctorwho.gif

I<3flippyheadlights
09-23-2013, 10:43 PM
*spins tires in MR2 and drives away*

Anyway, gotta agree with AFC. Check this thread and it is poo.

Dandy
09-23-2013, 10:49 PM
I guess we have to cut the boys a little slack as they are working to put something together on our behalf. A little steam blowing is good for the soul. But let's see if we can't keep the thread more relevant as we obviously have some interest in Miatapalooza 2014 even at this early date. Don't make me go George Thorogood on ya'll:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fHxFS9PiYM

Agent☣Orange
09-23-2013, 11:15 PM
I guess we should amend the title a bit because this is in no way an official Miatapalooza event-planning thread. Heck, we're not even sure it'll be in 2014.

This thread is more of a kicking-the-tires, fun chat.

Phatmiata
09-24-2013, 08:13 AM

This thread is more of a kicking-the-tires, fun chat.

I shall rename it as such.

Also feel this was a constructive thread that got derailed. :?

We can start another one later with rules about staying on topic and such. Let's all try to play nice here, thanks.

psulja
09-24-2013, 09:26 AM
This thread has gone so well. I mean there haven't been any pics of yellowyata's girlfriends posted up...... yet....

HELLIONMX5
09-24-2013, 09:30 AM
M14 talk is better. Btw so if you guys wanted to do out of state what would you look for? Besides parking for 400 cars?

Yellow You still have those pieces I am going to buy from you?

Phatmiata
09-24-2013, 09:40 AM
This thread has gone so well. I mean there haven't been any pics of yellowyata's girlfriends posted up...... yet....

Please dont get him started, he already tried to sneak in some big girl pics into the Sexy Car, Sexy Girl thread.

For the guys that want a more serious no BS thread about the Miatapalooza, here you go.
http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?6936-Miatapalooza-2014-Thread

psulja
09-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Please dont get him started, he already tried to sneak in some big girl pics into the Sexy Car, Sexy Girl thread.

Too bad I don't have enough power to give him infractions. It's up to you Phat! Don't let us down lol

Phatmiata
09-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Too bad I don't have enough power to give him infractions. It's up to you Phat! Don't let us down lol

I gave him Admin powah, be careful!!! :shock: :fp: :toomuch:

Thumper13
09-24-2013, 11:05 AM
I gave him Admin powah, be careful!!! :shock: :fp: :toomuch:

What were you drinking or smoking when you did that ?

Thumper13
09-24-2013, 11:07 AM

Oh NO .now you've gone and done it. We're about to be inundated with farm animal pictures and Yata's private collection of his girlfriend " Fat Bridgette " pics.

psulja
09-24-2013, 11:55 AM
What were you drinking or smoking when you did that ?

He may have been eating those brownies that were mentioned earlier

SM16RMSM
09-24-2013, 12:28 PM
I think they where the ones drink milk from Yata's Goat

psulja
09-24-2013, 12:32 PM
milk and cookies?

Agent☣Orange
09-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Before my picture was so cruelly edited out of the sexy girl/car thread by the anorexia lovers, I just wanted to show off my new ride.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Humor/Fat%20chicks/IMG_7228_zps7f8bdbad.jpg

Phatmiata
09-24-2013, 12:39 PM
I rest my case ........................ :toomuch:

psulja
09-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Dammit, was looking for the edit post button on your post but realized its the Florida section and I can't do anything about it.

Thumper13
09-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Before my picture was so cruelly edited out of the sexy girl/car thread by the anorexia lovers, I just wanted to show off my new ride.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Humor/Fat%20chicks/IMG_7228_zps7f8bdbad.jpg

How long does it take for you to get a saddle on her ?

Andy
09-24-2013, 06:31 PM
So this has become the new random thought thread. Seems fine with me.

Thumper13
09-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Well, considering the players..............it could just be the random babble thread

Agent☣Orange
09-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Woohoo it's the Yellow/Thumper channel on MR!

That should go over like
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Humor/Fat%20chicks/1249580179_fat-woman-falling-in-pool_zpse647e938.gif

The Driver
09-25-2013, 10:31 AM
Dammit, was looking for the edit post button on your post but realized its the Florida section and I can't do anything about it.

Go and edit the Canuckistan section then...

"crickets, crickets", sorry I forgot that you can only talk for so long about labbats or a zamboni...

psulja
09-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Go and edit the Canuckistan section then...

"crickets, crickets", sorry I forgot that you can only talk for so long about labbats or a zamboni...

Ouch. That one hurts lol. Its not fair, people up here would only be able to enjoy their miatas for a couple months of the year so they've given up on owning them leading to the canuckistan section being quite dead lol.

Thumper13
09-27-2013, 05:33 PM
So there Agent Orange................you gonna cruise down half way to homo haven for The Bay Bottom Crawl ?