PDA

View Full Version : My first Miata

Ctracy5
09-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Hey guys still kinda new here so here is my miata and what I've done so far.

93' still mostly stock
It has some aftermarket springs but I can't tell what kind, they are red and I can't find a logo or name anywhere on them.

Here it is the day I got home.

Just got done de powering my steering, the lazy way for now.

Here is how it sits now with new General Altimax tires, a fresh wash and wax and quick detail inside.

When I got it there were no door speakers and some blown speakers mounted behind the seats so I updated the entires stereo system, Kenwood components in the doors and infinity three ways in the back.

atank
09-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Good start so far, how long have you had your Roadster?

WASABI
09-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Nice work so far. You should embrace the steel wheels. Here's your chance to add a little color to your ride.

http://www.fagerquist.com/miata/mod/wheels.jpg

Keep up the good work.

Ctracy5
09-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Good start so far, how long have you had your Roadster?
About two months, but it was sitting for about two or so weeks waiting on parts.....here is the story

I got it really cheap so I knew that I would have things to fix on it but I didn't know the P/S pump was leaking so it ran dry on me and overheated the pump. Even after refilling and bleeding the system it just never felt the right and was still leaking so I took the pump off drove down to the parts store only to find out that not a single store in Fort Collins had the pump in stock and had to order it in, and all of them had to order it from California. The only problem was my other car, 91' Isuzu trooper, had a dead battery and I only had the free cash to fix one and I had work the next morning so I put a battery in the Trooper and waiting until I had some cash to order the pump from Napa.

Well I finally get the pump and get everything put on, bleed, and ready to go. I go out for a drive to my buddy's place, about 12 miles or so not real far, and when I get there there is fluid everywhere. So I have to go and get some P/S fluid just to fill the tank and see where it is leaking from and it is pouring, and I mean pouring right of the front of the pump around the pulley's shaft. So I just disconnect my belt drive it home and the next day I returned the pump and did a lazy man depower on the rack, well doing so I found that the metal lines that loop around the front had a pretty good pinch in them which may have been adding to the issues with the P/S.

Ctracy5
09-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Nice work so far. You should embrace the steel wheels. Here's your chance to add a little color to your ride.

http://www.fagerquist.com/miata/mod/wheels.jpg

Keep up the good work.

I like those roadster strips on the side. The previous owner painted this one himself and didn't do the best job so paint is on my list for the not so distant future when cash allows. It has some pretty bad orange peel and you can see the old strip on the hood still. I am thinking a really dark cherry metallic with carbon and black accents.

The problem with the steel rims is that they are 13"s and the generals are about the only decent tire in they size.

This one is a little rough and looks like its been several peoples projects who never finished. The body and driver's door are red well the hood (with decent hail damage), trunk lid, and pass door are blue. If you look really close there what look like silver paint drops all over the dash, looks like over spray or something. So I think instead of hunting done oem parts and going back to stock I will do this one more custom and find something in bette shape to do a restore/maintain job on. I really like the 93' LMs with the red interior but have already read they are few and far between.