PDA

View Full Version : Best fabric paint?

Agent☣Orange
10-03-2013, 12:54 AM
This came up a while back, probably on another forum but I can't remember where, what and when. Maybe there's newer and better stuff out now anyways.

What is the best and softest paint for fabric?

By fabric, I mean seats, carpeting and carpeted plastic panels. I used some stuff before and although the faded old fabric appeared newly black, it felt rough and brittle. Can't remember what I used though.

I want to find a black fabric paint that leaves the material soft.

Martin
10-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Colorbond?

http://www.colorbondtuner.com/index.html

Dandy
10-03-2013, 11:32 AM
I have used both Mar-Hyde and Dupli-Color fabric spray paints with excellent results on NA cloth seats several times in the past. There was no discernible difference between the two that I could tell. Both were purchased from local auto parts stores.

wannafbody
10-04-2013, 01:59 PM
I've used the Duplicolor and it seems to work well but it seems to fade a bit over time so it may need to be reapplied after a couple years.

Agent☣Orange
10-04-2013, 02:04 PM
I'm going to search through the garage for the can of whatever I used before. I hope it's not Duplicolor because whatever it was left the fabric stiff.

Dandy
10-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Yes, it fades over time and needs to be reapplied but it couldn't be easier to use and it is inexpensive.

BigWaveDave
10-09-2013, 05:49 PM
I used t-shirt dye from Michaels in a liquid pump spray. The seat fabric soaked it right up. Looks great. No fading so far (5mo). It is a little more expensive than the rattle can stuff - but I was impressed with the results. I am going to rattle can one seat to see if there is a real difference. The photo does not really do it justice - but trust me, the seats were a grayish purple prior.