PDA

View Full Version : 1:24 scale Mazdas in disguise Transformers

BlitzWing
10-06-2013, 03:02 PM
figured some people might find these interesting.

In 03 Takara and Hasbro put together the Altinator and Binaltech line of transformers aimed at older collectors. all 1:24 scale starting with the Impreza WRC car then Viper and so on with it mostly being American and Japanese cars. Midway into the line they made the RX8. originally you could get Jazz/meister in white or a special edition red then later down the line they released Shockwave/Lazerwave remolded to be the MazdaSpeed edition then before the line ended they released a combo of the 2 toys. Jazz's head and colours with the MazdaSpeed body. One other example exists from a Line called KissPlay a Police deco called Autolooper (google at your own risk but results might be a little NSFW)

their were some differences between the US and Japanese toys notably being that in the Japanese line all the Japanese cars were RHD while in the US/EU all the toys were all LHD. Another big difference was that the Japanese toys contained die-cast and were often painted in metallic colours while the US toys were molded in their colours rarely getting painted. Their were other differences such as colour tweaks and some characters were only released in just the US or just in Japan.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2gwyvd0.jpg

revlimiter
10-07-2013, 09:21 AM
You got Zoom-zoom! That's the name often given to red Jazz. Very cool! Now you just need the white one and Autotrooper. Kinda unfortunate that they did Stepper (black Jazz with firebolts on the hood) with the Subaru mold instead of the RX-8.

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/129/373562951_42d213e8e6_b.jpg

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/144/373562948_cd1d5d38e9_b.jpg

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/152/373562944_75eddb294b_b.jpg

Old pix I took forever ago. Back in 2007 I think.

BlitzWing
10-07-2013, 12:46 PM
its a shame what happened to stepper I guess they could not think of any other Z car characters and had to get out another repaint.

Honestly the whole tail end of the Alt line took a turn for the worst, Camshaft was ok but had some odd colouring, Mirage was too rare for such an amazing toy, Decepticharge had an odd name and was too rare, Rollbar was just too similar to Swindle to be worth getting. the 2nd Ravage was just odd and Rumble was again too rare and maybe was a weaker design.

I'm not saying Japan was perfect the kiss play line was just a mad idea and the Binaltech* line was too short lived.

Demon I Am
10-08-2013, 10:54 PM
I have the US versions (plastic) RX8 and the Subaru, somewhere in storage. If I'm not mistaken there was an SRT10 Optimus. I would have loved to see some actual media featuring these more realistic versions (other than the stupid Michael Bay poo.

BlitzWing
10-09-2013, 05:20 AM
I think their was some short stories packed in with the Japanese toys. Basically the story is that in the future they can send messages back in time. So the first thing they do is warn the autobots back in 84 about unicron and give them time to build better tech to fight him, however some Decepticons steal a few test bodies and that's basically it, they never really finish the story. But that's how DeadEnd looks almost the same as Sunstreaker but black. I think its possible to find the KissPlay story online its about robots powered by kisses I don't know much else as I cant see it being any good.

I've got the SDCC black edition of the SRT10 Ram its ok but its bulk gets in the way. Its one of those toys that looks good in one pose and that's basically it.

Looking at my shelf I've got... Alt/US: SideSwipe (Red SRT10 Viper) Smoke Screen (WRC Impreza) Silver Streak (Silver WRX) DeadEnd (black SRT Viper comp Coupe) Swindle (yellow jeep) WheelJack (white Mustang GT500) Nemesis Prime (Black SRT10 Ram) Tracks (Blue C5 Corvette) BT/japan: Jazz (red RX8) LazerWave (MazdaSpeed RX8) Hound (green Jeep) DeadEnd (Black SRT comp coupe) OverDrive (Red S2000) Skids (Blue Toyota Bb) Tracks (yellow C5 Corvette) Prowl (Blue Integra Type-R) and lastly Mirage (Ford GT in clear plastic)

I think its also worth bringing up Alternity a newish line that has the same core idea of real cars only they are smaller. I've got Convoy/Optimus (silver 09 GTR) Megatron (Blue Fairlady Z Z34) BumbleBee (yellow Suzuki Swift Sport) and Banzitron (Mitsuoka Orochi). I'm probably going to get one of the Super GT GTR's but I'm not sure who yet.

BlitzWing
05-10-2014, 02:19 PM
Figured it was better off reuseing this thread rather then making a new one even though these guys are not Mazdas

http://i60.tinypic.com/6qh46h.jpg

Both from the Transformers Masterpiece line. SideSwipe is all round great and the alt mode is almost perfect. Smoke Screen is a bit of a mixed bag. He's spot on for the G1 toy in regards to the changes made to the 280ZX however I'd of liked to have seen the flaired out arches of the real car.

fwdtamiya
05-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Love the 280

BlitzWing
05-10-2014, 03:48 PM
I originally wanted to get Prowl or Blue Streak as both are street cars but they both sold out rather quickly. I'm happy with SmokeScreen but I'm going to try and get the other 2 and Redalert. On a side note Wheel Jack and BumbleBee both look great and I've jumped on the pre-order for WJ as he's bound to sell out quickly. Ultra Magnus is looking amazing I just hope I can afford him.